Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight loss journey.

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Weight loss journey.

Back when I was 14 I was about 230lbs~. In 4 months I dropped 50 lbs by barely eating and drinking orange juice. Went through hell from what I remember lol, always wanted to binge. Now Im at an unacceptable weight of 258. My desired weight is 200 and started training today again and am going to document everything. I find when I hold myself accountable and document everything I eat and how much I train then i do better. New years is what 6 weeks away, am hoping to get down to 240 by the new year which is going to be a challenge because of the holidays but am going to stay focused. My health has taken a big toll lately and now focusing on getting in shape and being stress free. Im going to keep my calorie intake to about 1500 from here on out.

Wish me luck

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Weight loss journey.

how old are you?

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    how old are you?
    27. 5''11

Dobber Sports Stud

Low carbs, not no carbs, and work out. cut out all the bread, rice and pasta.. lift weights just dont pedal a bike or elliptical.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Deity

I am no workout expert, but if there's one thing I have learned when it comes to losing some weight, it boils down to eating the right foods, and the right portion sizes (this is my killer but it is so important in battling weight loss) and exercise. If you can cut down on your portion sizes and eat the right foods you should be good. Also, don't eat after something like 7PM. Drink lots of water.

Good luck in your trek.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    Low carbs, not no carbs, and work out. cut out all the bread, rice and pasta.. lift weights just dont pedal a bike or elliptical.
    Thanks. I figure I might as well do this while im still relatively young and that im not wasting my 20's being out of shape. Right now focusing on cardio and boxing based training (shadow boxing ect). I have some bigger goals in the future but right now just want to focus on getting down and weight then focus on the next goal. Because right now people may thing my other goal is a little far fetched but Im going to keep the dream alive. Ive taken my first step

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I am no workout expert, but if there's one thing I have learned when it comes to losing some weight, it boils down to eating the right foods, and the right portion sizes (this is my killer but it is so important in battling weight loss) and exercise. If you can cut down on your portion sizes and eat the right foods you should be good. Also, don't eat after something like 7PM. Drink lots of water.

Good luck in your trek.
    Thank you. I remember someone telling me that training is all good and well but if you are not eating well then it is all going to waste. Im 258 right now but this is not the highest weight ive ever been to. Back in 2013 I balooned to 272 .... went down to 251 and went back up to 258. Its time to get back down.

Dobber Sports Veteran

You should check out bizzy diet. Google it. Don't buy the supplements, although they help, but follow the diet and the routine. I lost 22 pounds in 21 days. It works.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by baumer View Post
    You should check out bizzy diet. Google it. Don't buy the supplements, although they help, but follow the diet and the routine. I lost 22 pounds in 21 days. It works.
    Damn 22 in 21? Ill google it. Right now am just taking 1 serving of protein powder a day to help build muscle. Its called Casein Mutant or something. Really expensive. I took diet pills when i was 19 (hydroxycut) and it was the old formula. I was eating 2500-3000 calories and I was still losing weight and wasnt doing much for activity. Ended up getting sick from the stuff and threw it away. Never again

Dobber Sports Genius

Best of luck to you, man. You'll likely find some good advice from people on these boards, if that interests you.

I find that it's important to do something that you can and will maintain. It won't help you if you go all out for a month, then get burnt out and slack off. I'm not saying don't push yourself, of course. It'll take a lot of work, that's a given.

I agree with Gin that some weight-training will go a long way. If you do, make sure you're taking care to properly warm up your joints and use proper form. Do it along with workout videos online, if you're not going to use an in-person trainer. Find some good Youtube channels that specialize in cardio, weight-training, etc. They're free, and you can do most of them at home. Fitness Blender on Youtube seems solid for at home workouts.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Best of luck to you, man. You'll likely find some good advice from people on these boards, if that interests you.

I find that it's important to do something that you can and will maintain. It won't help you if you go all out for a month, then get burnt out and slack off. I'm not saying don't push yourself, of course. It'll take a lot of work, that's a given.

I agree with Gin that some weight-training will go a long way. If you do, make sure you're taking care to properly warm up your joints and use proper form. Do it along with workout videos online, if you're not going to use an in-person trainer. Find some good Youtube channels that specialize in cardio, weight-training, etc. They're free, and you can do most of them at home. Fitness Blender on Youtube seems solid for at home workouts.

Good luck, and keep us posted!
    Thanks again for your kind words. I have been googling a lot today about tips ect. I know I have it in me, Ive lost tonnes of weight before (albeit I got gallstones because of the weightloss when i was 14. doc said i lost it too fast for a guy my age). Im feeling good about it this time, Im not stressing about other things in my life and can focus on my health and fitness. I recently left my job because of the stress it has put on me and I already feel a lot better. It will be a tough but ultimately rewarding journey.

Dobber Sports Titan

When finding yourself hungry when you don’t know if it’s hunger from boredom or actually from hunger, drink a glass of water. Don’t sip, just chug it. If you’re still hungry, that’s actual hunger. If you aren’t then it’s boredom.

I’ve told friends that trick and some say it works, some say it doesn’t. But remember there’s a big difference between the two types of hunger and don’t eat because you’re bored.

Goodluck, and way to not use the excuse of holiday time! Or, “I’ll start in the new yr”. You can still enjoy the holiday season with all the earing but remember to set a limit on the treats.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Monster

Im going to start skating more too. I dont skate very well at all but I want to ultimately play in local rec tourneys just to say I did it but keep doing it. I watch games and am always analyzing the play and what I would do in this situation and I think to play would be a fun experience.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Good luck man, I'm looking to do the same thing. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Good luck man, I'm looking to do the same thing. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.
    Good Luck. Feel free to let us know how you are doing as well.

Dobber Sports Guru

I actually started the same thing a couple of weeks back. Lost four pounds in the first couple of weeks. I used to be around 190 and could eat whatever I wanted, but I would also play a ton of sports (when I first met my wife, I used to curl on Sunday mornings, play ultimate in the afternoon and ball hockey in the evening, plus a few weeknights of sports on top of that). But kids and injuries have slowed that down, and I'm up to around 230. So I wanted to bring that back down.

One thing I have had recommended to me is a weight loss app. My Fitness Pal is the one everyone raved about (my cousin, aunt and uncle lost a combined 180 lbs, and my other cousin another 50 pounds). You can enter your info, keep track of your diet, exercise, etc. It's good because it forces you to think about what you're eating. If you want to cut back to 1,500 calories a day, for example, and you discover your regular lunch is 900 calories, then you know where to cut back. Over time, you find out what to eat to keep calories down.

Best of luck.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid