Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Learn the Ropes, Need Advice Please!

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: Trying to Learn the Ropes, Need Advice Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Bergy80 View Post
    So, Sparks didn't pan out so well. Let in 2 goals and then leaves the game inured. Still left me .6 so thankfully it wasn't negative. I still managed to break even somehow with my St. Louis and Minnesota lineup.

Only entering 2 lineups tonight. Focusing on Detroit and Boston for the most part. Going with Rask in net as long as he's the confirmed starter.
    Tough game for Sparks. Impressive that you still broke even with a crappy goalie. I had Crawford and he treated me and my lineup quite well Rask could shut out the Pens again tonight! I'm going with Holtby at home vs Tampa though. Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ejamiec View Post
    Ended up not losing any money, gained a whole 2.00 after my entries. Couple goalies who i took flyers on didn't work out at all Schneider (NJ) and Lindholm (AZ). Also a kick in the pants to doube check lineups before they start as i had stacked Arizona and didnt realize that duclair was a scratch. Looking at a couple of lineups for tonight in 1 contest.
    Not losing money with bad goalies is always impressive! Good you stacked Arizona as they had 5 juicy goals. We should have stacked Columbus with 7 goals coming from them but who saw that coming, especially with Johansen out?! All the best for tonight!
    Founder and President of DraftFuel.com

Dobber Sports Sophomore

So any big winning this weekend? Not me here. I just about broke even. Thankfully yesterday I banked on the Caps having a great game which helped me out quite a bit.

I have a few lineups set for tonight. Hoping the Blues (not sure why I'm stuck on this team all of a sudden), Wild, Jets, and Caps have a great night. Going with Halak tonight in net.

Dobber Sports Rookie

broke just about even myself, Saturday was a total wash but yesterday pulled through ok, rolling with a couple lineups as well, couple blues, Colorado, Minnesota/Dallas, players going so far, also have halak, as well as the hot hand of Varlamov

Dobber Sports Novice

So any big winning this weekend? Not me here. I just about broke even. Thankfully yesterday I banked on the Caps having a great game which helped me out quite a bit.

I have a few lineups set for tonight. Hoping the Blues (not sure why I'm stuck on this team all of a sudden), Wild, Jets, and Caps have a great night. Going with Halak tonight in net.
    Breaking even is just fine too, it's the consistent losses that hurt. I've been losing the last two days but not big losses since I had some contest winnings too. Sucks when $0 is won for a night. Tonight is the last night of hockey until Boxing Day so got to play hard today! Will be playing NBA DFS until hockey resumes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ejamiec View Post
    broke just about even myself, Saturday was a total wash but yesterday pulled through ok, rolling with a couple lineups as well, couple blues, Colorado, Minnesota/Dallas, players going so far, also have halak, as well as the hot hand of Varlamov
    The hot hand of Varlamov is over, what a stinker vs the Leafs last night. I had him too and got burnt! Today is a new day for redemption though

Dobber Sports Rookie

Anyone have any predictions for tonight?. I going to roll with Schneider in one of my lineups for goalie.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I have some issues going on with one of my dogs so my attention has been focused on her today, but I did wing it and throw together one lineup in the $.25 challenge. If I win great, if not oh well. I went with Kuemper in that lineup. Win or lose I think he'll face a lot of shots so hopefully that'll help his total score.

Dobber Sports Novice

Going with Holtby again tonight, and hoping for another amazing game vs Buffalo. Going with Malkin and Karlsson as my studs. Having a hard time deciding between Hoffman and Marleau but think I'll go with Hoffman. Got some good value picks in JT Miller, Palmieri, Parenteau, and D.Boyle. Hoping for a great night of 40+ fantasy points!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Hi All,

I came across this thread and thought I would add my two cents. First, I gamble a quite often on NHL on offshore sites and I am in mult hockey pools, so I feel I am quite knowledgeable in hockey. Having said that, I find DFS hockey to be quite difficult and you need to be more lucky than good. I also play DFS NFL, and I find that has a much more predictable outcome than NHL. Overall, I am "CURRENTLY" a winning player. I say currently because I think a few bad days and I could be in the red. So here is what I have come up with:

1) As most say, start with the Goalie. I often look for a cheap goalie who has a favorable matchup at home. Many time, I take the backup goalie on a good team playing a weak team on a B2B. For example tonight, I would take Elliot at home to Ottawa on a B2B. On top of that, it looks like Hammond is in net.

2) I always go for value D-men. I seem to always take a combo of Gost/Suter/Paranko/Spurgeon on Fanduel.

3) Now I look to maximize what I have left on Fwds. I generally look for players on teams who play against teams with the highest GAA. Currently top 5 GAA are CBJ/EDM/ARI/CAL/OTT.

4) Make sure you use valuable resources like Leftwinglock for nightly starting goalies, line combos and PP combos. NHL.com come is also a valuable resource when you sort by Shots/game and PP TOI.

5) It was mentioned earlier but I don't think it was stressed enough. Game selection is quite important. I always enter the games that allow only one entry. This will generally ensures you will be up against regular Joes like you and me versus computer algos in the multiple entry games. I generally do one larger 50/50 (like $10) bet and then a few big pool "lottery" plays (3 x $2). My goal is to win the 50/50 to cover my lottery ticket entries.

Good luck to all in crushing it in DFS!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Back from the holiday break. I’ve still been playing DFS,but not as much. I’ve been breaking even and had a few minor gains. Stilltrying to breakthrough with this stuff. *sigh*

~~~

Brazen – Thanks for your input! I have learned so farthat skimping out defense was one of my big errors. I now choose those playersmore wisely and try to have more balance overall.

~~~

So, most of the time what I do is draft my lineup andthen mull it over throughout the day and make late changes. So, my lineup fortonight as of right now is as follows:

Fabbri
    Stastny
    Iginla
    Landeskog
    Tarasenko
    Barrie
    Shattenkirk
    Condon
    Teravainen

I like Condon rested and playing at home against theDevils who will hopefully still be without Cammallieri. I think the STL @ COLgame has a good chance of being a high scoring game, but now I’m doubting thatbecause both goalies have been playing really well. Thinking I might swap outsome players and go with a few Habs (which as a Bruins fan kills me!). Iespecially like Gallagher and am wondering if I should go with him andPacioretty, but since they played last night I’m still debating.

Thoughts on this lineup?

What is your game plan for tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Dangle View Post
    Having said that, I find DFS hockey to be quite difficult and you need to be more lucky than good.
    I constantly remind myself of this.

- - - Updated - - -

Thoughts on this lineup?
    Personally I would never stack teams that play eachother, ever.
    If you think it's going to be a high scoring game, you can be sure someone will draft a miracle team stacked with that high scoring offense, most likely including one 4th liner we have all never heard of lol.
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Rookie

I personally am staying away from Montreal. That is a fragile team right now that is slumping badly. On top of that, they are on a 2nd night of a B2B vs a rested NJD team. I am mainly on STL/NJD/VAN players tonight. I have chosen Markstrom as my goalie given a favorable match-up against the low scoring Canes team and his low cost ($6900 on Fanduel).

Good Luck!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Also staying away from Montreal, Markstom/ Schneider are my goalies for tonight, along with a share of STL/ VAN/ NJD players in my lineups.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Lots of great pointers guys! Thanks! I actually changed my goalie choice earlier in the day and I just made my final changes. My new lineup looks like this....

Backes
    Henrique
    Palmieri
    Perry
    Tarasenko
    Parayko
    Shattenkirk
    Gibson
    Fabbri

The only downside is that I'll be in bed before most of my players start so I'll have to wait and see how they do until the morning. Oh well...

Oh, and I apologize that my posts sometimes smush words together. I do some posting while I'm at work and will use WordPad to type my message and then I copy and paste (just in case the boss comes into my office). I have no idea why the words get smushed like that when I paste.

Dobber Sports Rookie

well last night was a complete bust for me, no one on my lineups did really anything and my goalies got L's or got hurt. Oh well you lose some/ win some. On to tonight lineup creations research.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I did ok even with Gibson not winning. I ended up winning $3.50. Woo hoo! Haha! I'm definitely finding that the double ups and 50/50s are often the saving grace with dfs hockey. I'd constantly be in the negative if I didn't do those games.

Thinking of going with Quick tonight with mostly a mix of Dal & Cgy.