Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brock Nelson - hold or sell

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Brock Nelson - hold or sell

2pts during his first night on JT's wing.
    In a salary cap league where he's signed to a pretty reasonable contract, would you sell while you can get some solid futures for him or would you hold tight? I'm rebuilding this year but could compete by next season. I also have Strome so he could be an "insurance policy" if he ends up with JT and Strome doesn't.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Brock Nelson - hold or sell

I dropped him in a points only league during the draft. Jumped on him after his super hot start last season then he completely vanished. If you're rebuilding and can't get anything of value for him, holding on is probably the best option for you but personally I don't see things changing drastically for him. A 40 point player is pretty much what you're looking at.
    PTKL - '18 and '19 Back to Back League Champion!
    12 team league, 20 players per team
    Count top 9 F, 4 D, 1 G
    Points only for F and D
    G Stats: W = 1, SO = 1, Saves (0.04 per save), Goals Against (-0.2 per goal), G and A also count

F: Barkov, Bergeron, Dadonov, Getzlaf, Hertl, Marchand, Olofsson, Pacioretty, Pavelski, Radulov, Stone, Wheeler, Zuccarello
    D: Krug, Letang, Petry, Rielly, Weber
    G: Fleury, Price

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by beatnik_uwo View Post
    I dropped him in a points only league during the draft. Jumped on him after his super hot start last season then he completely vanished. If you're rebuilding and can't get anything of value for him, holding on is probably the best option for you but personally I don't see things changing drastically for him. A 40 point player is pretty much what you're looking at.
    Agree with the bold. He doesn't make enough $$ to force himself into the top 6, especially since he's a natural center. His huge start to 2014-15 was due to fluky PP production.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks.
    Fiala, burakowsky, nichushkin, dvorak all guys you'd give up Nelson for?
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow

Dobber Sports Initiate

in a full keeper I'd dump nelson for nich. He has been playing much better the last couple of games - the points will come.
    ---------
    12 team ESPN H2H
    auction draft (260 budget)
    limited keeper (4 keepers)
    2016-17 Champion, 2017-18 Runner-up
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW
    W,SO,GAA,SV%
    Start 1 LW/C/RW, 3 D, 3 Util, 2 G

C - J. Hughes
    LW - Panarin
    RW -
    D - Bouchard
    G - Levi

Packer Fan

Dobber Sports Expert

Not sure, but wasn't he leading the NHL in points last season after a super hot start and then disappeared for the rest of the season ? He seems to turn into a hot starter.

Nelson is probably a future 60 point guy, so if you can trade him for a player who is better than that, I'd do it.

Dobber Sports Stud

Completely disagree that he is only a 40 point player going forward. I would hold if those are the best 4 available. I love Fiala and his upside, Nichushkin as well, but they are also riskier.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks for the responses. I ended up trading him for Petan. Helps me in the "Austen Matthews sweepstakes" of our league but I may be regretting this trade come next year.
    12 tm pts only dynasty

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Nelson is as legit as they come.

He has one of the best wristers in the league and is clicking with Tavares and Okposo.

He is at minimum a 55pt player with 75 upside.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by kiboshed View Post
    Nelson is as legit as they come.

He has one of the best wristers in the league and is clicking with Tavares and Okposo.

He is at minimum a 55pt player with 75 upside.
    I doubt you'll pump his tires this much by the end of the season. Playing at his peak right now and is still at a 57 point full season pace.
    Count top 9 F, 4 D, 1 G
    Points only for F and D
    G Stats: W = 1, SO = 1, Saves (0.04 per save), Goals Against (-0.2 per goal), G and A also count

F: Barkov, Bergeron, Dadonov, Getzlaf, Hertl, Marchand, Olofsson, Pacioretty, Pavelski, Radulov, Stone, Wheeler, Zuccarello

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Unless your in a huge league, get him, and ride him.
    12 team points league 18 keepers G, A, , PPP, SOG, HITS, BLOCKS, FOW, W, GA, SV, SV%, SO

C... Bergeron,Toews, Zetterberg, Pavalski, Hanzel, and Dano
    LW..Neal, Abdelkader, Belesky, Teravainen
    RW...Kane, Stone, Stenpniak, Oshie
    D...Josi, Lindholm, Goligoski,Niskanen, Dumba, Chara, Russel
    G...Bob, Pavelec, and Talbot

Dobber Sports Ninja

Not sure how legit he is (I hardly ever watch Islander games), but I recently picked him up and plan on holding him for the forseeable future.

I would imagine he's gotta be better than a "40 point player" considering he already hit 42 in only his second season. If he sticks with Tavares he could hit 60... Tavares alone can make stars out of average players.

The only thing I don't like about his situation right now is his lack of PP1 time, but hopefully that changes soon.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Not sure how legit he is (I hardly ever watch Islander games), but I recently picked him up and plan on holding him for the forseeable future.

I would imagine he's gotta be better than a "40 point player" considering he already hit 42 in only his second season. If he sticks with Tavares he could hit 60... Tavares alone can make stars out of average players.

The only thing I don't like about his situation right now is his lack of PP1 time, but hopefully that changes soon.
    He was parked in front of the net on PP1 yesterday.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    He was parked in front of the net on PP1 yesterday.
    Booyah... just checked and saw the big fat "6" beside his PP minutes last night. Music to my ears baby

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Remembered this thread. Just noting he had 40 points. Just call me Nostradamus.
    Count top 9 F, 4 D, 1 G
    Points only for F and D