Thread: Bautista writes his thoughts re: the bat flip

I...am your father.

Default Bautista writes his thoughts re: the bat flip

The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Banned

Default Re: Bautista writes his thoughts re: the bat flip

is this another thing he's gonna whine about next year?

Dobber Sports Deity

Good read, thanks for sharing.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

I hope every player on the visiting team flips their bat in a ridiculous way when they smash a home run off of whichever pitcher Toronto wheels out there.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Titan

I read no whining….

I honestly don’t get the whole “bat flip=disrespect” thing. Same people aren’t mentioning celebrating is disrespectful in hockey, football or basketball. You don’t NEED to slam dunk on breakaways, you don’t need to motion that you yourself got a 1st down, you don’t need to “woo” after a goal. However it’s never said it’s disrespectful. Unless done 6” from someone’s face. A batter is 60’-6” away from the pitcher…they are just emotional wrecks if they think someone who isn’t looking at you and flips a bat is disrespecting you.

No one comments on when a pitcher screams in celebration when they get a strikeout. No one has commented on how Stroman is disrespecting the game when he celebrates. What’s with the anti-fetish of all these old-school people and bat flips?

At one time the old-school thinkers didn’t want DH in the league, or removing home plate crashes, or didn’t want helmets in 1971, or in 1925 when pitchers were first allowed to use a resin bag. They just don’t like change to the sport, and they don’t like how it’s becoming entertainment.

Stupid old school thinkers. Props on JB on the write up, very well written.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I read no whining….

I honestly don’t get the whole “bat flip=disrespect” thing. Same people aren’t mentioning celebrating is disrespectful in hockey, football or basketball. You don’t NEED to slam dunk on breakaways, you don’t need to motion that you yourself got a 1st down, you don’t need to “woo” after a goal. However it’s never said it’s disrespectful. Unless done 6” from someone’s face. A batter is 60’-6” away from the pitcher…they are just emotional wrecks if they think someone who isn’t looking at you and flips a bat is disrespecting you.

No one comments on when a pitcher screams in celebration when they get a strikeout. No one has commented on how Stroman is disrespecting the game when he celebrates. What’s with the anti-fetish of all these old-school people and bat flips?

At one time the old-school thinkers didn’t want DH in the league, or removing home plate crashes, or didn’t want helmets in 1971, or in 1925 when pitchers were first allowed to use a resin bag. They just don’t like change to the sport, and they don’t like how it’s becoming entertainment.

Stupid old school thinkers. Props on JB on the write up, very well written.
    that's not true. There are plenty of times where a player is trashed, such as Ovie with the stick on fire or Subban jumping around like he just won a Cup after a minor goal.

and I've heard people knock Stroman too. He's a little too cocky at times for being an unproven rookie for the most part

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i think showboating is bs in regular everyday situations but come on, this was the jays first playoff appearance in like 20 years, elimination game, a completely fluke error that was going to cost them the series...that swing changed everything.

that home run will go down as one of the best in blue jays history, to me this is no different than in hockey when a player scores an OT GWG goal in the playoffs.

if there was ever a time to do it, that was it.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    that's not true. There are plenty of times where a player is trashed, such as Ovie with the stick on fire or Subban jumping around like he just won a Cup after a minor goal.

and I've heard people knock Stroman too. He's a little too cocky at times for being an unproven rookie for the most part
    Ovi’s fire stick isn’t the same as a bat flip. I’m talking about bat flips in general. It’s a much more scrutinized celebration than any other sports celly.

The stink face in basketball is never talked about, the Eberle (I think) showing off the Canadian logo in the jr tourny isn’t talked about, and why isn’t anyone talking about the Jays “repping the 6” all the time then? When Pillar throws up the three fingers and looks through the hole? Or when Donaldson crosses home plate on a HR, he “throws up the 6”. Or stirring it up?

I can understand why a baseball pitcher would be upset with JB flip that game because pitchers don’t like any bat flip in general. What I don’t get is why people in general get upset with it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Ovi’s fire stick isn’t the same as a bat flip. I’m talking about bat flips in general. It’s a much more scrutinized celebration than any other sports celly.

The stink face in basketball is never talked about, the Eberle (I think) showing off the Canadian logo in the jr tourny isn’t talked about, and why isn’t anyone talking about the Jays “repping the 6” all the time then? When Pillar throws up the three fingers and looks through the hole? Or when Donaldson crosses home plate on a HR, he “throws up the 6”. Or stirring it up?

I can understand why a baseball pitcher would be upset with JB flip that game because pitchers don’t like any bat flip in general. What I don’t get is why people in general get upset with it.
    I honestly don't care about bat flips either but does nobody actually talk about how dumb this whole "6" thing is?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I honestly don't care about bat flips either but does nobody actually talk about how dumb this whole "6" thing is?
    I think it’s cool that the team does a sign thing that represents the city, I just don’t like how it’s tied to Drake (first to popularize 6 = Toronto).

I hope I’m getting my feels across on bat flips.
    -I don’t care, I like celebrations in any sport. I’d purposely try to spin the bat like a football one time.
    -I don’t get how baseball players don’t like the bat flip. It’s just another celebration, like fist pumping or the Jays Stirring it Up
    -I do understand why people who don’t like bat flips didn’t like that bat flip. Well, bat toss lol.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I can't comment to the article... but the photographs of Bautista in colour with background in black & white are pretty slick.
    I like those. If it was my fave player, I'd probably get one framed... maybe autographed.

Dobber Sports Deity

Bat flipping, whether it be Bautista or anyone else for that matter is no more disrespectful than watching a pitcher give a big fist pump after a big strike out at a key time in the game. Players are emotional, it is what it is.

Anyone in here saying Bautista shouldn't have done it at that time of the game (or any other time for that matter) are just Blue Jays haters.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."