Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: McDavid negotiations help (REP)

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: McDavid negotiations help (REP)

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    No. I think he though I was going to practically give him away. Figured that would happen. I thought the value was there. Its Connor McDavid, Im not just going to get nothing in return for him. There wasnt much wiggle room for value where I was going to accept. The lowest I would have went was McDavid, Kovalchuk, Talbot for RyJo, Gaudreau, Hedman.
    Ya, I definitely wouldn't have went any lower than that. Make sure you get a good deal for McDavid, don't sell him cheap

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by rangerfan2430 View Post
    Ya, I definitely wouldn't have went any lower than that. Make sure you get a good deal for McDavid, don't sell him cheap
    More than likely I will have to hang onto him.

I feel like the final scene in Goodfellas .... "And now it's all over...." lol

Dobber Sports Genius

I'd just try to wait for someone to send you an offer and overpay for him. I'm sure there are a few guys in your league that would love to have McDavid

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by rangerfan2430 View Post
    I'd just try to wait for someone to send you an offer and overpay for him. I'm sure there are a few guys in your league that would love to have McDavid
    I wish I could feel the same way lol. The only problem is nobody ever seems to offer trades much. Everyone is pretty passive and likes to sit on the team they have. But you never know, I let it known he is available

Dobber Sports Genius

I wish I could feel the same way lol. The only problem is nobody ever seems to offer trades much. Everyone is pretty passive and likes to sit on the team they have. But you never know, I let it known he is available
    If you let it known he's available, I'm sure the offers will start flooding in any day now

Dobber Sports Monster

What a long stressful day, I sure could go for a rye and cocacola. or bottle of rye and 2L of coca cola lol

Dobber Sports Padawan

In my dynasty league I took over a team that had literally no one other than McDavid of significant value. I flipped him for Mackinnon, Yakupov, and Kuznetsov. Some may say I got robbed, but right now as it is, i'm completely content with it.
    10 Team keeper league
    (9F, 4D, 2G, 4 bench, 2 IR)
    H2H
    Goals-1, Assists-1, PPP-0.5, SHG=1, Hits-0.05, BS-0.05, Shots-0.05, Wins-2, Shutouts-2, Saves 0.01, Defenseman Pts-0.5

Keep 6 (potentially 7 with a vote pending)

2012/2013: 4th in reg season, 2nd in playoffs
    2013/2014: 1st (t) reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2014/2015: 1st reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2015/2016 7th reg season (third highest PF)

Crosby, Malkin, Laine, Getzlaf, Radulov, Arvidsson, Rantanen, Bailey, W. Karlsson, Ducehene,Haula,
    Klingberg, Suter, Trouba, Ekblad, Provorov
    Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Jordyr77 View Post
    In my dynasty league I took over a team that had literally no one other than McDavid of significant value. I flipped him for Mackinnon, Yakupov, and Kuznetsov. Some may say I got robbed, but right now as it is, i'm completely content with it.
    I think you could have gotten a little more because Yakupov and Kuznetsov are still unproven but MacKinnon is a really good forward

Dobber Sports Monster

I think thats good deal. Not great but I still like it. Sometimes if you just arent getting the offers you just arent getting it. And sometimes if you have a gut feeling on a guy just go acquire him

Dobber Sports Padawan

yah I feel like Kuzy = TArasenko 2.0 like mentioned all over these forums, and Yak could be the beneficiary of McDavid, so I did it haha. Could've maybe gotten more if I waited or maybe not.
    10 Team keeper league
    (9F, 4D, 2G, 4 bench, 2 IR)
    H2H
    Goals-1, Assists-1, PPP-0.5, SHG=1, Hits-0.05, BS-0.05, Shots-0.05, Wins-2, Shutouts-2, Saves 0.01, Defenseman Pts-0.5

Keep 6 (potentially 7 with a vote pending)

2012/2013: 4th in reg season, 2nd in playoffs
    2013/2014: 1st (t) reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2014/2015: 1st reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2015/2016 7th reg season (third highest PF)

Crosby, Malkin, Laine, Getzlaf, Radulov, Arvidsson, Rantanen, Bailey, W. Karlsson, Ducehene,Haula,
    Klingberg, Suter, Trouba, Ekblad, Provorov
    Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Genius

yah I feel like Kuzy = TArasenko 2.0 like mentioned all over these forums, and Yak could be the beneficiary of McDavid, so I did it haha. Could've maybe gotten more if I waited or maybe not.
    True Kuznetsov does have a lot of potential but there's also a chance he can only get around 60 points

The Wolverine

How am I not giving a discount? Everybody and their dog said that I shouldnt do this trade and I was leaving value on the table. The reason this was rejected is the GM is unrealistic when it comes to value. He said he would never trade (his) Forsberg for Malkin. Same guy who turned down my Duchene, Koivu for Barkov, Perron.
    Multiple things at play here - think I mentioned it above:

You are trying to trade him when his value is low - managers know this. So you made this offer to the first place manager, right? For me, in a vacuum, it's not enough in return for McDavid at the value I expect him to be at - perceived is very real with regards to him, because you could (in theory) get more. Obviously you know your league better than us.

I'm not saying you aren't getting some value back now (especially given he's injured), but the timing is wrong as you could get more value if you timed it better i.e. when he's nearing a return. Also, by targeting the first place manager, you are not thinking that: he is in first, has healthy producing players, and is going for the win (I assume). So, even though it's McDavid, why would he take a guy who is JUST injured for months and give up several healthy players? That's the point.

If you are so desperate to trade him at his lowest point, then target someone who is not going for the win and is building for the future. But don't just trade him 'for points', hoping that will make you go up in the standings. There's time for that, as you could make deals later on and get their points then.

Make sure you maximise your value, otherwise you will be kicking yourself later on. I know you are going for the win now, but trading him now for a lower value won't guarantee a win. Trading him later in the season, to the right manager, for the right players, just might. It's too early now. When some managers know they won't win, and then they see you are offering McDavid, they may be willing to give you current production for the future, thus giving you a better chance at a win.

And I know you're being aggressive here and trying to capitalise on the hype, but you also need to be smart about it. It's a long season - don't make a panic move.

Dobber Sports Pro

I've been following this thread since yesterday and I understood right away, you made up your mind, you want to trade McDavid. That's fine, I support you in that decision, because ultimately it is your team, you can do whatever you want with it and it's probably not a bad decision at all, if you get some decent value back. If it means you're going to win the title, then I say go for it. That's what it's all about, right?

I just thought I'll give you my opinion as a fellow McDavid owner. I took him 2nd overall in a new keeper (the league in my sig), right after Ovi and before Crosby, Seguin, Tavares, Benn, all those guys. I'm high on him and I hoped for a production as we've seen so far, but I certainly couldn't count on it. I knew there's a possibility he won't have immediate impact and could end with 40 points in his first season. Look at Eichel, I have no doubt in my mind he will be an elite player, but the numbers so far are not great. But it's a keeper league and I expect both McDavid and Eichel being great players for many years after this one. And I know my situation is not the same, my league is H2H, McD will return before our playoffs etc. But my point is, you could hope and believe but definitely not count and expect that McDavid will give you title this year. So what happened, that makes you want to trade him so hard? Doh, obviously I know what happened, but you know what I mean, right? It's not the same as drafting Crosby 1st overall, hoping for 100+points, than BAAAAM, after 12 games in which he has 20+ points he goes down with a season ending injury. Now that's devastating and makes you want to do desperate moves. McDavid broke a bone, collarbone, which by the way is the most commonly broken bone in human body, he will be fine after recovery. If you trade him and you won't win and make your money, you might regret that decision. But again, it's your decision!
    12 teams, Yahoo H2H, daily, keep 5.

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 5BN, IR+
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Pettersson
    LW: M.Tkachuk (+RW), Zucker (+RW), Coleman (+RW), N.Foligno (+C)
    RW: Kucherov, Svechnikov (+LW), W.Nylander (+C), Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Hughes,Doughty, Ekblad, Hronek, McNabb, Cernak
    G: Lehner, Grubauer, Francouz
    IR+:

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by tomastop View Post
    I've been following this thread since yesterday and I understood right away, you made up your mind, you want to trade McDavid. That's fine, I support you in that decision, because ultimately it is your team, you can do whatever you want with it and it's probably not a bad decision at all, if you get some decent value back. If it means you're going to win the title, then I say go for it. That's what it's all about, right?

I just thought I'll give you my opinion as a fellow McDavid owner. I took him 2nd overall in a new keeper (the league in my sig), right after Ovi and before Crosby, Seguin, Tavares, Benn, all those guys. I'm high on him and I hoped for a production as we've seen so far, but I certainly couldn't count on it. I knew there's a possibility he won't have immediate impact and could end with 40 points in his first season. Look at Eichel, I have no doubt in my mind he will be an elite player, but the numbers so far are not great. But it's a keeper league and I expect both McDavid and Eichel being great players for many years after this one. And I know my situation is not the same, my league is H2H, he'll be back before our playoffs etc. But my point is, you could hope and believe but definitely not count and expect that McDavid will give you title this year. So what happened, that makes you want to trade him so hard? Doh, obviously I know what happened, but you know what I mean, right? It's not the same as drafting Crosby 1st overall, hoping for 100+points, than BAAAAM, after 12 games in which he has 20+ points he goes down with a season ending injury. Now that's devastating and makes you want to do desperate moves. McDavid broke a bone, collarbone, which by the way is the most commonly broken bone in human body, he will be fine after recovery. If you trade him and you won't win and make your money, you might regret that decision. But again, it's your decision!
    In all honesty I believe I will keep him. That trade was really the only one I was interested in. I guess there is other trades out there I would accept but I dont believe I will get the value I deserve for McDavid. Im 40 pts out from 1st place and there is 5 teams int he running so I dont think its realistic. I probably panicked a little after losing Draisaitl and Sam Bennett in trades.

The only thing about this league is you cant put a guy on the bench or IR and have someone else putting up points for you. Its whoever puts up the most points in relation to their position (top 12 forwards, top 4 defence, top 1 goalie). So whenever you
    get an injury it hurts your team.

But I will have fun with it and if there is an overpayment offer then I will accept. We will see

The positive thing about coming near last is the mid season draft will be coming up and Colton Parayko is available. Others such as Lindnerg, Versteeg, Beauchemin, Rieder, Niskanen. I need to upgrade on my defence though. So far Savard has me 5 pts, Larsson 2, MDZ 1, McDonagh 1.

With my history in the league and my first trade being (traded away) Ovechkin, Gaborik, Brown for Huberdeau, Couturier, Hamilton people are expecting me to do a similar type deal I believe

Dobber Sports Monster

There is one team that messaged me and expressed interest (currently 14th/15) about McDavid. He has Eichel and gave up Patrick Kane for him. This manager usually gives me good deals. He has Voracek, Couture, Eichel, Ladd, JVR, Karlsson, Yandle, Price, Galchenyuk.

But with our league settings we cant trade until mid season draft since we already made a trade