Thread: Biggest Trade I'll Make All Year

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Biggest Trade I'll Make All Year

So after I traded Ryan and Duchene for MAF, I told the other owners that I was shopping around Allen.. One owner hit me with a blockbuster trade..

Should i trade: Johansen, Barrie, Strome, and Allen for.. Tavares, Brayden Schenn, and Streit.

I'm torn because I love Johansen and don't know if he's that much behind Tavares. Streit is old, and I love Schenn because of what he can provide by way of hits. I don't know if I need Allen because MAF and Crawford will take up most of my starts, and Lehtonen is serviceable as a #3 guy.

Any input will help, I am in a win now mode, but I think I'm built for the future as well.
    - 12 team, 40 keeper dynasty league
    - Scoring categories for skaters: G, A, PIM, HIT, BLK, STP, FOW, SOG, +/-, DEF, ATOI
    - Scoring categories for goalies: W, SV, SV%, SO, GAA
    - Start 12F, 6D, 3UTIL, 3 min goalie starts a week
    - Starters in bold

Forwards: MacKinnon, Tarasenko, Tavares, Panarin, Johansen, Ehlers, E. Kane, Lee, Huberdeau, Horvat, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Pacioretty, Meier, Fabbri, Sikura, Zacha, Burakovsky, Spooner, Jost, Roussel, Kaprizov, Cirelli, Berglund,

Defense: Pietrangelo, Parayko, Dumba, Faulk, Provorov, Muzzin, McAvoy, Carlson, Nurse, Del Zotto, Borowiecki, Russell

Goalies: Jones, Vasilevskiy, Raanta, Keumper, Remier, Demko

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Biggest Trade I'll Make All Year

If you keep 40 players, as much as I love Tavares you are giving up A LOT. Barrie>>Streit. Streit has maybe a year left of high end production, whereas Barrie has ten, and Barrie should produce at the same level this year too once he's back. Strome>>>Schenn not that close either. And obviously Tavares is better than Johansen but not worth the downgrades and giving up Allen for free essentially.
    Main Squad: H2H Multicat Points
    10 Team 16 Keepers

G:3 A:2 +/-:1 PPP:0.5 PIM:0.25 Shot:0.2 Hit:0.2 Block:0.2
    W:3 SV:0.2 GA:-1 SO:3

3C 3LW 3RW 5D 2G 5 BENCH 2IR

C: Crosby, Malkin, Giroux, Getzlaf, Barkov
    LW: Ovechkin, Benn, Landeskog, E. Kane
    RW: Kessel, Perry, Hudler, Atkinson
    D: Letang, Carlson, Yandle, Rielly, Leddy
    G: Schneider, Rask, Anderson

Prospects (5)
    Vasilevski Burakovsky Bjorkstrand Dvorak Chychrun

Dobber Sports Genius

Wow, what an offer! Well first of all, I think Tavares is an upgrade over Johansen but not by much. I project 85 points for Tavares and 75 from Johansen. However, I like Barrie a lot and see him getting 50 points for the next few years. Streit is okay but like you said, he is pretty old. Then there is Strome for Schenn. I like Strome's potential and I'd rather take him over Schenn. And lastly, you give up Allen. I like how you upgrade Johansen to Tavares but the other parts I don't like. I would say no to this offer but I would try to build off of it. Who are some forwards on the waiver wire and who's on his team?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

hard not to take Tavares, but your giving up a lot for him. Schenn and Streit are basically throw ins from the other teams point of view. In most leagues they aren't keepers. Decent players but nothing special. I would hold onto what you have or counter for something back alittle better then schenn or streit.
    [B]20 Team, keep 8. Categories, G,A,PPG, SHG, PIM, +/-, Goalie wins, GAA. We carry 9 f/ws, 5 D and 2 G.

Tom Wilson, Tomas Plekanac, Milan Lucic, Daniel Sedin, Ryan Kesler, Patrick Sharp, Henrik Sedin, Jason Chimera, Joe Thornton
    Dion Phaneuf, Ryan McDonaugh, John Klingberg, Kevin Shatttenkirk, Justin Falk
    Ondrej Pavalec, Roberto Luongo

Dobber Sports Ninja

In a dynasty league, I'd stand pat. Yes, you get Tavares, but you lose quite a bit of young, quality depth players. Plus Streit is like 86 years old. Johansen is going through a rough patch, but he's a top end stud ranking not very far behind Tavares. Strome and Barrie aren't just throw-ins either. Allen will be a #1 as soon as the end of this season. Not sure that Lehtonen is serviceable as anyone's #3 this year, I'd be keeping Allen as well...but then I'm a stand pat kind of owner as well. The trade has to make sense to me.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket