Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: [rumour] Stamkos and the Flames trade rumours

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: [rumour] Stamkos and the Flames trade rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Jordyr77 View Post
    People at one point thought he was right behind Crosby but I disagree. There's probably 10+ players I'd take before him in real life hockey.

1. Crosby
    2. Toews
    3.Tavares
    4. Malkin
    5. Ovechkin
    6. Giroux
    7. Seguin
    8. Bergeron
    9. Kopitar
    10. McDavid
    I don't believe Stamkos is comparable with guys like Kopitar, Bergeron and Toews. Of course these 3 bring a two way play that stamkos can't give you, but how many players nowadays in the NHL can consistently score at the same pace as Stamkos?

Dobber Sports Ace

Maybe it's me, but I feel like stammer isn't playing like stammer can(should). Is he distracted? Maybe. I don't know what it is, but I think a change of scenery would (could) be very beneficial to both stamkos and the team that gets him.

I was just using Calgary as an example as it was stated that they were frantically looking to make a big splash. For any team to move major pieces, I think there would need to be a signed extension or something in place. Maybe if a deal is done, Tampa can sign him up? I figure he would want to know where he is going, but if he has a contract in place and he knows he will once again be the centerpiece of the franchise, maybe he waives the ntc?
    Would gaudreau be the msl to stammer? Seems like a good fit to me. Dougie seems to be playing 3rd pairing minutes with Calgary
    Bishop could have the same feelings and if he knows he's going to be a clear #1 (without a guy like vasi) maybe he is ok with going to a team that is still a good young team and now will have stammer ?

A lot of variables but I figured it was a fun trade that could work for all involved

Dobber Sports Genius

Maybe they'll trade Stamkos to the Leafs for Phaneuf, Bozal, and Lupul

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rato View Post
    I don't believe Stamkos is comparable with guys like Kopitar, Bergeron and Toews. Of course these 3 bring a two way play that stamkos can't give you, but how many players nowadays in the NHL can consistently score at the same pace as Stamkos?

I understand the point you're making, but based on the numbers over the last year, there's a collection of players who can consistently score at the same pace as Stamkos.

I'm not trying to disagree with you though... It's not always about numbers. I definitely wouldn't pass on Stamkos for a handful of those ten players listed in the post you replied to (any GM who takes Bergeron as a top 10 forward in the NHL is a few years behind).

I think Stamkos is a top 5 offensive player in the league. It's unfortunate that the numbers haven't supported that lately, but as far as the eye test goes, there aren't many players as dynamic as he is. He deserves every penny of the big payday he will get.

Dobber Sports Monster

I hope for the sake of the Leafs that they get Stamkos. I just dont expect another 50 goal year though

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

It would be a bold move for a team to trade their captain and franchise player!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Padawan

I find it interesting how Dobber stated that Stamkos wouldn't do as well without St. Louis and would have a 10pt drop. He's done exactly that and struggles to be ppg since he left. He's not a player who makes his line mates better. Still a great player but overrated imo and fairly one dimensional. Most GM's would probably pick Bergeron as one of the players to build a team around, though you are right about him being on the decline and that was more or less a few years ago lol. I just don't think Stammer is in the same class as Tavares, Malkin, Ovechkin, Seguin, Crosby (?????!??), McDavid (early I know), etc.
    10 Team keeper league
    (9F, 4D, 2G, 4 bench, 2 IR)
    H2H
    Goals-1, Assists-1, PPP-0.5, SHG=1, Hits-0.05, BS-0.05, Shots-0.05, Wins-2, Shutouts-2, Saves 0.01, Defenseman Pts-0.5

Keep 6 (potentially 7 with a vote pending)

2012/2013: 4th in reg season, 2nd in playoffs
    2013/2014: 1st (t) reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2014/2015: 1st reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2015/2016 7th reg season (third highest PF)

Crosby, Malkin, Laine, Getzlaf, Radulov, Arvidsson, Rantanen, Bailey, W. Karlsson, Ducehene,Haula,
    Klingberg, Suter, Trouba, Ekblad, Provorov
    Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov

Banned

I find it interesting how Dobber stated that Stamkos wouldn't do as well without St. Louis and would have a 10pt drop. He's done exactly that and struggles to be ppg since he left. He's not a player who makes his line mates better. Still a great player but overrated imo and fairly one dimensional. Most GM's would probably pick Bergeron as one of the players to build a team around, though you are right about him being on the decline and that was more or less a few years ago lol. I just don't think Stammer is in the same class as Tavares, Malkin, Ovechkin, Seguin, Crosby (?????!??), McDavid (early I know), etc.
    seguin and stamkos are pretty similar

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I find it interesting how Dobber stated that Stamkos wouldn't do as well without St. Louis and would have a 10pt drop. He's done exactly that and struggles to be ppg since he left.
    Isn't that the same to say that Seguin will score 10 less points a year if you take Benn off his wing and put Scott Gomez there instead?

He's not a player who makes his line mates better. Still a great player but overrated imo and fairly one dimensional.
    This is probably true, he's not a playmaker like Crosby or Tavares, who made Parenteau and Moulson stars, but as I said before I believe very few players can consistently score at the pace he does.