Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't sleep on Mark Stone. He will score 70 points at the minimum.

Banned

Default Re: Don't sleep on Mark Stone. He will score 70 points at the minimum.

Rizzle drizzle needs to face it Stone will finish with 71 points. Leafs would kill to hVe a player of stones caliber

Big ev is right

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    That is impressive. I ended up with Stone in most of my one year leagues because I thought he could hit for 70 points. I suspect many of my opposing poolies didn't have him as highly ranked. I'm pulling for 70, but I'll agree with kevinsrangers that if he hits for 65+ that should be vindication enough that he has the potential to hit 70.
    Yeah and he a) missed two games because of a suspension and b) played a lot of games with an injured turris

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

What's the Stone watch at now, we need more updates!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Padawan

I like how this went from "70 points at the minimum" to it being basically a race for him just to get to 70.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Guvnah View Post
    I like how this went from "70 points at the minimum" to it being basically a race for him just to get to 70.
    So what? If he gets 70 I was right. Doesn't matter how it happens. Your post doesn't make much sense.

If he gets 70 that is getting 70 at the minimum. No matter what though, it's clear rizzee was wrong like I said multiple times.

It's clear mark stone is a top five RW in the NHL today

I...am your father.

Lay off on Big Ev people. He stuck his neck out there on a projection and should be lauded for it. Whenever any of us stick our neck out with a projection, ballsy or otherwise, he is the first one to support us. He is the first to concede that our projection is "certainly possible". The least we can do is provide the same support to him.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

at least put down the pitchforks until game 82 is played.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    So what? If he gets 70 I was right. Doesn't matter how it happens. Your post doesn't make much sense.

If he gets 70 that is getting 70 at the minimum. No matter what though, it's clear rizzee was wrong like I said multiple times.

Yes, of course if he gets 70, you were right. It's also clear that he is a top RW in the NHL. I'm not denying any of that. I'll also say that I admire the fact that you went out on a limb to make a bold prediction like you did. However, your wording makes it sound like 70 is the floor, not the ceiling which is what is amusing and what I was pointing out. Not sure how my post doesn't make sense. If you had taken the "at the minimum" out of your title, I wouldn't have made the post.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Guvnah View Post
    Yes, of course if he gets 70, you were right. It's also clear that he is a top RW in the NHL. I'm not denying any of that. I'll also say that I admire the fact that you went out on a limb to make a bold prediction like you did. However, your wording makes it sound like 70 is the floor, not the ceiling which is what is amusing and what I was pointing out. Not sure how my post doesn't make sense. If you had taken the "at the minimum" out of your title, I wouldn't have made the post.
    Alright that makes sense but yes I would say this is his floor at the moment. He has shown he can be a point per game player for long stretches and now he's showing no matter how cool he can get in the middle of the season he will finish around 70. Not sure if he reaches 82 ever but he has the upside. So yeah I would say floor of 68-70 with upside for more. This is only his second season and he's doing what he's doing with two third line linemates

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Lay off on Big Ev people. He stuck his neck out there on a projection and should be lauded for it. Whenever any of us stick our neck out with a projection, ballsy or otherwise, he is the first one to support us. He is the first to concede that our projection is "certainly possible". The least we can do is provide the same support to him.
    I can take it dobber. But cheers.

Banned

Yeah and he a) missed two games because of a suspension and b) played a lot of games with an injured turris
    Very good point. If stone reaches 70 despite the above, there is no doubt he should be valued like a 75 or 80 point player with upside of 85-90

No surprise but the same haters come out, whether it's bashing John Scott or underestimating Stone

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott AllStarMVP View Post
    Very good point. If stone reaches 70 despite the above, there is no doubt he should be valued like a 75 or 80 point player with upside of 85-90

No surprise but the same haters come out, whether it's bashing John Scott or underestimating Stone
    I'm not sure I agree with your logic...if he reaches 70, his upside is now 85-90? Maybe he just had a career year? Maybe he becomes a consistent 65 or even 60 point player. You and I may hold a completely different opinions, but only time will tell if the player ever hits what we call his "upside". There is virtually no point in arguing upside as we all have our opinions.

All that to say, I bought in on Stone hitting 70 after watching him play a lot of games last year. The guy just has so much hockey sense. His anticipation gets him tons of opportunities.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Lay off on Big Ev people. He stuck his neck out there on a projection and should be lauded for it.
    If we all started lauding Big Ev his head would explode.

jokes...mostly
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

The Great One

Ummm, how exactly am I "wrong" if he doesn't hit 70?
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Ummm, how exactly am I "wrong" if he doesn't hit 70?
    Because you didn't think he would ever match what he did last year and you projected him to be like Brad Boyes and those other guys. It's clear that's not the case. This was a completely unrelated discussion to the 70 point prediction. You simply said Stone wasn't for real and advised people not to count on him producing over 60 pts or more again.

Banned

you agreed with Newfcollins saying under 60 points:

Originally Posted by newfcollins
    I'd take the under on 70. Heck, I'd take the under on 60 points.
    This - 1000% this. Big Ev is the prototypical example of fandom blinding reality.

Stone was a 22 year old rookie last season. Here's the thing about 22 year old rookies - they don't fare well after making a rookie splash. Since 2000-01, only two other players aged 22 or older posted 60+ points as a rookie - Brad Boyes (69 points as a rookie) and Michael Ryder (63 points). Guess what they did in their second seasons? Boyes posted 46 points in 81 games and Ryder 55 points in 81 games. Beyond that, Ryder never again posted 63+ points and Boyes went on to post more than 46 points just three times (72, 65 and and 55).

Drink the Stone kool-aid if you want, but be prepared to spit it out before the season is over.

I wish I had a mic drop gif......
    Fandom blinding reality. Looks like the past stats of unrelated players blinded your reality.

i'm not trying to start a witch hunt or anything, but it's clear that Stone is already proving the theory wrong because he is a star player. There's no need to be upset about. If Stone doesn't hit 70 I will say I came short of my prediction, and you should do the same right now. His 82 game pace is 69 points, and he's playing with Zack Smith and JG Pageau for this entire recent hot streak (~20 games)