Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't sleep on Mark Stone. He will score 70 points at the minimum.

The Great One

Default Re: Don't sleep on Mark Stone. He will score 70 points at the minimum.

We should all give our best EV style prediction ITT for next season. I'll start.

The NHL, finally awakened to the value of the Ottawa franchise, decides to hold next year's Winter Classic there. The day before the game, the Sens alumni, led by the likes of Sly Turgeon, Darren Rumble, Alexander Daigle, Radek Bonk, and the netminder tandem of Ron Tugnutt and Damien Rhodes, beats the opposing Toronto Maple Leafs alumni so handily, they end up playing the actual Maple Leafs the next day in place of the actual Sens current team and win that game too! The Sens alums then go on to be installed as the 31st NHL team for the 2016-17 season. And despite only getting to play in 40 regular season games, they run the table, making the playoffs. But they lose a brutal 7 game series to actual Senators team, who of course end up winning the Stanley Cup, with Erik Karlsson having two 16 point games in the finals alone but losing out on the Conn Smythe to none other than Mark Stone.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    But they lose a brutal 7 game series to actual Senators team, who of course end up winning the Stanley Cup, with Erik Karlsson having two 16 point games in the finals alone but losing out on the Conn Smythe to none other than Mark Stone.
    I see you're finally coming around on Stone! I don't always agree with Ev, but when I do, it's about Stone. His hockey sense (see league leading takeaways) is key to his success. On my draft lists for this season, I had Stone pegged for 70 points and I was able to snag him in multiple leagues due to people underrating him. We'll see by the end of the year, but I have no problem envisioning 70 point seasons for Stone.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    We should all give our best EV style prediction ITT for next season. I'll start.

The NHL, finally awakened to the value of the Ottawa franchise, decides to hold next year's Winter Classic there. The day before the game, the Sens alumni, led by the likes of Sly Turgeon, Darren Rumble, Alexander Daigle, Radek Bonk, and the netminder tandem of Ron Tugnutt and Damien Rhodes, beats the opposing Toronto Maple Leafs alumni so handily, they end up playing the actual Maple Leafs the next day in place of the actual Sens current team and win that game too! The Sens alums then go on to be installed as the 31st NHL team for the 2016-17 season. And despite only getting to play in 40 regular season games, they run the table, making the playoffs. But they lose a brutal 7 game series to actual Senators team, who of course end up winning the Stanley Cup, with Erik Karlsson having two 16 point games in the finals alone but losing out on the Conn Smythe to none other than Mark Stone.
    Decent effort, but the Heritage Classic will be in Ottawa and it will be against Montreal.

- - - Updated - - -

i'm still not sure if JohnScottAllStarMVP is a parody account

Dobber Sports Guru

Speaking of Stone, does he play in a lot of pain? I noticed last night he grimaces a lot when he's on the ice. Even before he left the game late in the third. He's always grimacing like he's struggling to even skate.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Speaking of Stone, does he play in a lot of pain? I noticed last night he grimaces a lot when he's on the ice. Even before he left the game late in the third. He's always grimacing like he's struggling to even skate.
    lol, you're right, he does grimace a lot! As long as he puts up the points, I don't really care how much he hurts because I'm cold like that.

Maybe he's one of those guys who feels pain more than others. Remember the P.K. chop (that broke a bone in his hand if I remember correctly) in the playoffs where many people thought he overreacted? Maybe Stone has a medical condition where he feels more pain than the average human being. It might be his body's way of compensating for having a higher than average hockey sense. It could be a real thing.

Banned

Stone also has a natural grimace look coupled with his patented head nod he does every thirty seconds

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Needs more fiber in his diet maybe?
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Stone also has a natural grimace look coupled with his patented head nod he does every thirty seconds
    I have that same thing when I wear a hockey helmet.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Ninja

All part of his strategy to draw penalties and avoid diving calls... "If I'm always grimacing in pain they'll never know when it's fake". Brilliant.

Banned

Most Even Strength Points since January 1, 2015

#Sens Mark Stone: 79 (Incl. 3 tonight)
    Jamie Benn: 79
    Sidney Crosby: 77

Banned

12 games left. 13 points to 70

Dobber Sports Ace

Crosby is in some elite company there!

Banned

Yup all the should be representing Canada this summer

Dobber Sports Giant

That's impressive.
    If stone ends with 65 points(8 points left, he should)I got to think it was a good call at seventy. Five points off on a call like that is pretty good imo.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Ninja

That is impressive. I ended up with Stone in most of my one year leagues because I thought he could hit for 70 points. I suspect many of my opposing poolies didn't have him as highly ranked. I'm pulling for 70, but I'll agree with kevinsrangers that if he hits for 65+ that should be vindication enough that he has the potential to hit 70.