Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't sleep on Mark Stone. He will score 70 points at the minimum.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Don't sleep on Mark Stone. He will score 70 points at the minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Ev only has one style. Big Ev style.
    His style is to sound supremely sure in his predictions, then be dismissive when they flop. Not impressed.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    His style is to sound supremely sure in his predictions, then be dismissive when they flop. Not impressed.
    He should've been a politician... would've gave Trump a run for his money.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    He should've been a politician... would've gave Trump a run for his money.
    At least Trump has something to his name. And possibly an election victory.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Banned

Big Ev is a classic forum 'bot' character, one of those types created by a site to get people riled and to create endless arguments and post counts. Not saying big ev is in this case or that this specific site uses these tactics - but many forum sites go that route to create traffic and the big ev type arguments remind me of other forums where guys fake argue for the sake of fake arguing

Dobber Sports Apprentice

At least Trump has something to his name. And possibly an election victory.
    Like Trump Airlines? Oh that failed, maybe you meant Trump vodka? Hmm, perhaps not that either. Trump Mortgage company? Crap, it also tanked. The comparison between Ev and Trump is fascinating. Spray shit everywhere and eventually a few dribbles make a fancy design and so you claim that you meant to do that, hoping to distract people from all the crap that failed everywhere else.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott AllStarMVP View Post
    Big Ev is a classic forum 'bot' character, one of those types created by a site to get people riled and to create endless arguments and post counts. Not saying big ev is in this case or that this specific site uses these tactics - but many forum sites go that route to create traffic
    Spoken like a true pioneer here (and yet you only joined in January?)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    JohnScottAllStarMVP was born out of greatness. Carved from one of the best sports stories of all time. He ain't no bot!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    Like Trump Airlines? Oh that failed, maybe you meant Trump vodka? Hmm, perhaps not that either. Trump Mortgage company? Crap, it also tanked. The comparison between Ev and Trump is fascinating. Spray shit everywhere and eventually a few dribbles make a fancy design and so you claim that you meant to do that, hoping to distract people from all the crap that failed everywhere else.
    Welp... I'd say you won this imagery! Well said.

Banned

Coming from you eh.

Hows mason doing?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Thank you, that sounds like a compliment. Positivity rep to you. Hopefully you're not a bot and this isn't a fake debate

maybe I'm a bot and you're a bot?!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I doubt anybody is surprised. It was a ridiculous statement in the first place. Followed by 17 pages of ridiculous points to support the original ridiculous statement. Now, trying to set up a ridiculous condition to create a ridiculous loophole out of your original ridiculous statement. I guess coming forward like a man with "hey, I took a shot at a bold statement and in the end, I might be wrong" was never on the table. I would have had at least a little respect for that type of stance.

Rylant
    um what was the ridiculous statement? He's on pace for 66 points over 82 games. So it was ridiculous to suggest he could get four more then that? Good one rylant.

You people are so out of touch. I literally said I will admit defeat in this case, but I still won over rizee dizzied who said he would not repeat last year ever

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott AllStarMVP View Post
    Big Ev is a classic forum 'bot' character, one of those types created by a site to get people riled and to create endless arguments and post counts. Not saying big ev is in this case or that this specific site uses these tactics - but many forum sites go that route to create traffic and the big ev type arguments remind me of other forums where guys fake argue for the sake of fake arguing
    im arguing things that I am extremely confident about. I make money every year in fantasy and gambling because of my hockey knowledge. People should and need to start listening.

mark stone is just another player I've been right about. I predicted his stardom ever since he first stepped foot into the NHL in 2011 in the playoffs

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    JohnScottAllStarMVP was born out of greatness. Carved from one of the best sports stories of all time. He ain't no bot!
    my story was born for Disney - a 107 minute film of true inspiration coming to a theatre near you

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    And this is exactly why I tried telling Ev that Stone is NOT a proven commodity. With only one full NHL season under his belt, it's too early in his career to call him proven.
    First of all I said he was more proven than scheifele which was fact. I never once said to you he was a fully proven nhler.

But now I will say he is a proven. Those who actually use their eyes to watch stone dominate games know this. There's zero reason he will fade ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    With all due respect, read the thread and you'll see why this comparison is apropos from where I sit (Ev can rightfully disagree) and has already been made and explained. Long story short, like Stone, Boyes is one of the VERY RARE examples of a player who, like Stone, scored 60+ points as a 23+ year old rookie. The others, like Boyes, faded quickly, which I pointed out to suggest that past history is not on the side of those who believe Stone will be a productive player in the long term. Remember - I have no rooting interest here, other than to stand behind data, which I always do. In most cases the data turns out to be correct, but in others (OEL, Pavelski) it can be wrong. We'll know in a couple of years with Stone.
    the comparison was never apropos because they are completely different players playing in different eras. Stone dominates games with hockey sens and two way ability which boyes never did. Stone is usually the best player on the ice. Boyes was never that kind of player.

We we already know which way this debate is going.,

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    First of all I said he was more proven than scheifele which was fact. I never once said to you he was a fully proven nhler.

But now I will say he is a proven. Those who actually use their eyes to watch stone dominate games know this. There's zero reason he will fade ever.

- - - Updated - - -

the comparison was never apropos because they are completely different players playing in different eras. Stone dominates games with hockey sens and two way ability which boyes never did. Stone is usually the best player on the ice. Boyes was never that kind of player.

We we already know which way this debate is going.,
    makes sense and no offence to rizzle drizzle but not a chance an all star MVP is reading 25 pages of this circus to find a misplaced boyes/stone comparison

you know you're stuff ev, do you drive a tesla by any chance

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    He's arguing the data, numbers and history. Not his pride.
    I all honesty, this is the truth. Sure - maybe I had a bit of extra motivation to argue the numbers in this case due to how adamant EV was, but I cite data so people can have that in front of them when making their decision. That's also why I write 2000 words each week for Cage Match.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/