Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't sleep on Mark Stone. He will score 70 points at the minimum.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Don't sleep on Mark Stone. He will score 70 points at the minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    He has been outstanding lately.
    Yeah, he's been stellar lately, the single point over the last 10 games grossly misrepresent his dominance over that stretch.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Yeah, he's been stellar lately, the single point over the last 10 games grossly misrepresent his dominance over that stretch.
    Really blayze? I didn't expect such a comment from you. Don't comment if you're just looking at a piece of paper.

I forgot you had to get points or else you're considered garbage.

By ACTUALLY WATCHING HIM PLAY OVER THE LAST FIVE GAMES he has been getting tons of chances and has been dominant, but has no luck at the moment. Do you know what that signals? POINTS TO COME. Same as Crosby, Voracek, Eichel, all these guys who started off slow (also Hornqvist who you were going to drop even though he was playing well). The season is not a linear line of production.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

yeah let's laugh at a guy for suffering a serious wrist injury off a very vicious slash from a disrespectful clown
    Oh that was a wrist injury? From the picture looks like he lost his legs. Didn't know you used your wrist to stand.

- - - Updated - - -

Really blayze? I didn't expect such a comment from you. Don't comment if you're just looking at a piece of paper.

By ACTUALLY WATCHING HIM PLAY OVER THE LAST FIVE GAMES he has been getting tons of chances and has been dominant, but has no luck at the moment. Do you know what that signals? POINTS TO COME. Same as Crosby, Voracek, Eichel, all these guys who started off slow. The season is not a linear line of production.
    Yea, but what was his Corsi? lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Oh that was a wrist injury? From the picture looks like he lost his legs. Didn't know you used your wrist to stand.

- - - Updated - - -

if you break something after a vicious slash, chances are you will be on the ice. Don't be Mr Edge here.

The Great One

Really blayze? I didn't expect such a comment from you. Don't comment if you're just looking at a piece of paper. .
    In fairness, this is a fantasy hockey site, so the "piece of paper" stuff kind of matters. That being said, Stone's Ice Time is still strong, so he should improve. But his 1.85 SOG per game number is not encouraging; and if you look at all the wingers averaging 0.85 points per game this season (that translates to a 70 point full season pace), the lowest rate is Panarin, who, at 2.28 per game, is still well above Stone.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Ninja

By ACTUALLY WATCHING HIM PLAY OVER THE LAST FIVE GAMES he has been getting tons of chances and has been dominant, but has no luck at the moment. Do you know what that signals? POINTS TO COME. Same as Crosby, Voracek, Eichel, all these guys who started off slow (also Hornqvist who you were going to drop even though he was playing well). The season is not a linear line of production.
    I'm not saying he's garbage. I like Mark Stone... I even reached to draft him early in my playoff pool last year (which led to my demise). I also agree that he's a solid buy-low right now.

But to say "he's been outstanding lately" when the guy has 1 point in 10 games, and ZERO points in the last 8... well, that's just silly. You can talk about puck possession and chances all you want, but there's now way you're on an 8 game pointless streak if you're playing outstanding.

We're talking about a guy who's supposed to be a scorer here... of course the points matter. The whole point of this thread is about how many points he's going to score... you're the one who created the thread.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Hehe imagine if he does go on a tear and ends the year in a 2015-Benn-like fashion to hit the 70-point mark... If that does happen (very unlikely), I definitely want to revisit this thread as a spectator

You bet. If that were to happen then Evil Ev gets his bragging rights. If it doesn't then he's set himself up to be mocked. When you make claims like he did then you get to suffer the consequences, or enjoy the rewards, depending on the outcome.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Advanced stats don't matter to Evil Ev. Except when they prove a point that he's trying to make about Karlsson. Then they matter. But aside from that they totally don't.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    Advanced stats don't matter to Evil Ev. Except when they prove a point that he's trying to make about Karlsson. Then they matter. But aside from that they totally don't.
    #Jokexplained

Dobber Sports Giant

Well once the All-Star break is over, the magic numbers will be 37pts in 32 games.

Stay tuned!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

The Great One

I've watched Ottawa play not last game but the game before where Stone had like 2 golden opportunites in the first period. The announcers said he has been playing great lately and that he's due.

Given that info, I believe the points will come. Obviously. I don't foresee him going producing at a .1 ppg pace the rest of the way. The points will come but he won't get 70. Even 60 will be a stretch. That's if he stays healthy.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Well once the All-Star break is over, the magic numbers will be 37pts in 32 games.

Stay tuned!
    I just traded for him in my keeper league so here's hopin'!

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by The Guvnah View Post
    I just traded for him in my keeper league so here's hopin'!
    Actually, he wasn't making a prediction - he was pointing out what Stone would need to score in order for the 70 points prediction to come true. But you can certainly still hope.....
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Ninja

#Jokexplained
    Ollijokisruined

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I'm not saying he's garbage. I like Mark Stone... I even reached to draft him early in my playoff pool last year (which led to my demise). I also agree that he's a solid buy-low right now.

But to say "he's been outstanding lately" when the guy has 1 point in 10 games, and ZERO points in the last 8... well, that's just silly. You can talk about puck possession and chances all you want, but there's now way you're on an 8 game pointless streak if you're playing outstanding.

We're talking about a guy who's supposed to be a scorer here... of course the points matter. The whole point of this thread is about how many points he's going to score... you're the one who created the thread.
    *drops mic*