Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't sleep on Mark Stone. He will score 70 points at the minimum.

The Great One

Default Re: Don't sleep on Mark Stone. He will score 70 points at the minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Whether it seems like it or not, and whether you like it or not, I actually am trying to help you Rick, but you've got your claws so far out in defensive attack mode that you're not even trying to recognize that. Which then leads to the obvious conclusion that even though you say you want criticism and suggestions to improve/refine your process, that is the exact opposite of what you want.
    I revise what I said - I'll go with being open to constructive criticism as far as it relates to my methods of gathering data and drawing conclusion. There are a zillion ways you could've written your various "criticism" posts ITT to be more constructive, but what you fail to see is they're instead laced with inflammatory statements and pot stirring.

But by all means continue. It's your right. And I'll read them - I promise you that.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Deity

Meanwhile, how about that Mark Stone.....

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

I wish someone bet me that Stone was getting 70+......Easy money

Banned

you know waht was easy money? The over 56.5 I bet before the season

Dobber Sports Apprentice

56.5 is no guarantee. Far from it. I wouldn't suggest spending that money.

Stone has 33 in 45 games. A 0.733 PPG pace.
    He needs 24 points in 37 games to hit. A 0.648 PPG pace.
    Seems pretty good doesn't it?

Well.

The first 20 games of the season for Stone. (because I like to look at the season in quarters just for ease. Can shuffle things around a few games on either end if you like. I've not set the cutoff for any particular reason)
    19 points in 20 games. Wow, sure looks like a lock.

Wait, there's more!

Next 20 games.
    12 points in 20 games.

The next 5 (for the third quarter)
    0 points in 5 games.

His production is falling like a rock. I think he'll pick things up a little bit but I hope you didn't put a ton down on that bet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    56.5 is no guarantee. Far from it. I wouldn't suggest spending that money.

Stone has 33 in 45 games. A 0.733 PPG pace.
    He needs 24 points in 37 games to hit. A 0.648 PPG pace.
    Seems pretty good doesn't it?

Well.

The first 20 games of the season for Stone. (because I like to look at the season in quarters just for ease. Can shuffle things around a few games on either end if you like. I've not set the cutoff for any particular reason)
    19 points in 20 games. Wow, sure looks like a lock.

Wait, there's more!

Next 20 games.
    12 points in 20 games.

The next 5 (for the third quarter)
    0 points in 5 games.

His production is falling like a rock. I think he'll pick things up a little bit but I hope you didn't put a ton down on that bet.
    i would have put more but I was only allowed to put $12.5 max.

He's had one bad month out of four so far, so it would be foolish to expect this cold streak to continue. It just means he's a buy-low in points leagues. His drop in production corresponds to when Turris got injured, nothing more, nothing less. With a rested Turris that line will go off again, plus Clarke MacArthur could return as well. If Turris happens to not come back after the all-star break, then I would worry.

Given Stone is a 66-67 point player in his last 82 games played, I will say he at least puts up 28 points the rest of the way finishing with 61 - minimum.

Over 56.5 was one of the bigger locks this year. Just like a guy like Crosby, it was matter of when he would get hot again, not if.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Lol the title of this thread kills me -- not even close
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Fall River's Finest
    C(3): Malkin, Kesler, Hanzal
    LW(3): Lucic, Perron, Chimera
    RW(3): Eberle, R. Smith, Doan
    F(3): Stafford (RW), Parenteau (RW), Eakin (C)
    D(6): S. Weber, Suter, Giordano, Yandle, Chara, Polak
    G(1): Miller [+ Niemi, Zatkoff]
    Bench: Filppula (C), Ferland (LW), Stalberg (LW), Weise (RW)

Prospects(10): Roy (C), Tambellini (C), Andreoff (LW), Jensen (LW), Sorensen (RW), Morin (RW), DeMelo (D), Berube (G), Campbell (G)

Dobber Sports Star

I don't know why everyone still argues with him... it's absolutely pointless.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    His production is falling like a rock.
    Don't you mean his production is falling like a ...Stone!? Get it? Oh man, low-hanging fruit right there. Nearly as good as he's got hands of Stone. I could rock this all night, but I will skip on out...

Banned

Stone was robbed of two sure goals by halak tonight. Only a matter of time

And Rylant we're debating just fine, in a civil manner in here so I have no idea what the **** you're talking about

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Stone was robbed of two sure goals by halak tonight. Only a matter of time

And Rylant we're debating just fine, in a civil manner in here so I have no idea what the **** you're talking about
    I am not talking about the civil manner in which this is happening. I am talking about your inability to be objective with anything Ottawa related. You attack anybody who criticizes any Senator, and you would think we were talking about Wayne Gretzky the way you talk about Karlsson. You are obviously passionate about hockey; you obviously know a lot about hockey. I just find it sad that you can't be more fair and open-minded when we do have these discussions. It happens to such a ridiculous level, that I just can't take you seriously with these types of things, and that is a shame.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Will Stone even break 50?

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I am not talking about the civil manner in which this is happening. I am talking about your inability to be objective with anything Ottawa related. You attack anybody who criticizes any Senator, and you would think we were talking about Wayne Gretzky the way you talk about Karlsson. You are obviously passionate about hockey; you obviously know a lot about hockey. I just find it sad that you can't be more fair and open-minded when we do have these discussions. It happens to such a ridiculous level, that I just can't take you seriously with these types of things, and that is a shame.

Rylant

+1 for this. It's nice to see someone say it like it is without being insulting. Have to give him props for his passion to his team, though! Nobody is questioning his fandom that's for sure. Maybe some posts could benefit from a little "i was wrong" but couldn't we all? He was probably an only child... Cut him a break

I for one appreciate it when someone has the balls to make a claim like this thread does and continually defend it even when things look dismal for your cause.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    you know waht was easy money? The over 56.5 I bet before the season
    Even the easiest things in life are not guaranteed

Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Ninja

Stone is sinking faster than the Titanic. Kind of shocking, I had big hopes for him this season.