Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't sleep on Mark Stone. He will score 70 points at the minimum.

The Great One

Default Re: Don't sleep on Mark Stone. He will score 70 points at the minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Past data has Mark Stone as a 68 point player since Jan 1, 2015 (80 games).

Nothing subjective about that and he has already proven your claims about being Svatos or whatever incorrect.
    I meant past data about other players of similar age. You need to remember that my whole purpose here was to argue against your theory by citing actual player and number comparisons, rather than things like "he has elite hockey sense and playmaking ability, with solid net front presence and a heavy shot".

As for whether or not he's like Svatos, that was just a past data point and remains to be seen. The guy he might end up being most like is Boyes, although I'm sure you'll have all sorts of intangible arguments as to why that's not the case.......
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    I meant past data about other players of similar age. You need to remember that my whole purpose here was to argue against your theory by citing actual player and number comparisons, rather than things like "he has elite hockey sense and playmaking ability, with solid net front presence and a heavy shot".

As for whether or not he's like Svatos, that was just a past data point and remains to be seen. The guy he might end up being most like is Boyes, although I'm sure you'll have all sorts of intangible arguments as to why that's not the case.......
    oh yeah it was Brad Boyes . I'll spare you my arguments because those in the know will know why they are completely different (and they will know why your small data sample doesn't apply to everybody).

and I told you many times, my arguments WERE NOT just intangibles. I consistently gave you data along with my opinion which was ignored. One point of data which you were wrong about was his ice time per game. That is one of the reasons you said he wouldn't have the same success, because he wasn't going to get the minutes, yet he is currently playing 20:13 per game, and #1 PP time, like I told you he was going to. This is why it helps when you follow a team and know the player very well.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Ohhhh momma. Here we go...

The Great One

oh yeah it was Brad Boyes . I'll spare you my arguments because those in the know will know why they are completely different (and they will know why your small data sample doesn't apply to everybody).

and I told you many times, my arguments WERE NOT just intangibles. I consistently gave you data along with my opinion which was ignored. One point of data which you were wrong about was his ice time per game. That is one of the reasons you said he wouldn't have the same success, because he wasn't going to get the minutes, yet he is currently playing 20:13 per game, and #1 PP time, like I told you he was going to. This is why it helps when you follow a team and know the player very well.
    Wow - all the worse for your instincts and logic that he's this far below 70 point pace DESPITE all the added ice time. Ouch.....Maybe the Boyes comparison is too optimistic?
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Stud

I was being optimistic and hoping for a 50 point effort from Stone, unfortunately I don't think he might even reach that amount.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by nkwhoa View Post
    I got no rep on this here board. But I'll go ahead and state my opinion anyway!

I just don't see him as anything more than a regular 60-pt forward. He plays a surprisingly strong defensive game, and has nice instincts around the net. But I don't see anything transcendent.

So no, if I were to wager, I'd take the under on 70.
    Well, hey, I'll rep you just so you won't think that we forgot about you!

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Consistency is the hallmark of top end players and Stone doesn't have it yet. Maybe one day, but like pretty much everyone who wasn't a Sens fan KNEW, Stone isn't there yet.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    Consistency is the hallmark of top end players and Stone doesn't have it yet. Maybe one day, but like pretty much everyone who wasn't a Sens fan KNEW, Stone isn't there yet.
    I wish Tavares got that memo =/
    12 team keeper
    Points only: G-1, A-1, W-2, SO-3; weekly rosters: 7F, 5D, 2G; keep 20 of 25

F: Tavares, McDavid, RNH, Stepan, Okposo, Brassard, Stone, Scheifele, Zibanejad, Ehlers, Larkin, Lindholm, Namestnikov
    D: OEL, Hamilton, Mo. Rielly, Parayko, Gostisbehere, Trouba, Theodore
    G: Price, Dubnyk, Lehner, Hellebuyck, Greiss

2014-15 Champ

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    I would agree with this had you said "everyone who had him on their team was hoping he would..." Nobody can KNOW how a player will turn out after one season, MOST of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikerato View Post
    I wish Tavares got that memo =/
    This I can get behind as someone who traded Stone ++ to get Tavares. Rizzee's article had solid analysis which is why I was comfortable making the trade.

So much going on in this thread. OEL analysed as a 50pt D had me move him as well so at this point Ive barely broken even. Isnt fantasy hockey exciting?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Man, with the way everyone's poo-pooing on Stone you'd think he's a piece of hot garbage LOL.

I think I had him at around 55-60 points before the season started. Gotta admit though, when he started the season blazing hot i was regretting not giving him more credit. All part of the highs and lows of the season.

Banned

nice troll post Shawnee...50 points optimistic? Are you serious?

The Great One

nice troll post Shawnee...50 points optimistic? Are you serious?
    And here I thought you wouldn't chime in again after you didn't respond to my post about Stone disappointing despite added ice time. You've certainly come a long way from all but assuring 70+ points to digging on someone who says 50 would be a reach. I shouldn't be getting as much enjoyment out of this as I am. Just think what it will be like when the season is over....

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

why not just wait till the season is over before talking trash? sens are playing awful hockey right now but i'm sure they will go on a hot streak where stone loads up on points.

i think 70 is out of the question unless they go on another hammond-run like last year, 60ish seems like a safe bet.

i just checked his stats...-16? yikes.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    why not just wait till the season is over before talking trash? sens are playing awful hockey right now but i'm sure they will go on a hot streak where stone loads up on points.
    I figure it's a no lose situation - either he doesn't in fact hit 70, and this is a bit of early celebrating, or if he somehow does then I get my face rubbed in it big time, which to me would be almost as fun. I just enjoy threads like these - stirred pot but also some analysis mixed in. In truth, I wouldn't have even resurrected this thread were it not for how adamant Big Ev was.

Banned

Rizzee's analysis didn't include the fact that Stone and the team's #1 centre would get injured and continue to play through it but suffer greatly both defensively and offensively. His analysis was wrong even if he doesn't hit 60-70 points. He's been a 68 point player over the last 82 games, so he is still a force and should go on a long streak to end the year.

either way you cut it, saying 50 was "optimistic" is stupid, ******ed, whatever world you want to use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post

i think 70 is out of the question unless they go on another hammond-run like last year, 60ish seems like a safe bet.

i just checked his stats...-16? yikes.
    awful? they just took 2 out of 3 in California. Last night was bad.