Thread: Trade advice.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trade advice.

I am in a 15-team league. Which mirrors the MLB in terms of playoffs with our season continuing.
    That being said, I am middle of the pack and won't be making the cut this year. We each keep 7 players at any position (max of 2 per position).

I am out of the running for the playoffs, but do hold Gerritt Cole of whom many playoff teams want. Our trading deadline is today and I have an offer of Sonny Gray and Evan Longoria for Cole (a number of other players who I wouldn't be keeping or caring for are included as well).

Should I pull the trigger and essentially move Cole for Gray in a keeper-league and add Longoria to my keepers?

I currently planned on keeping a combination of Salvador Perez, Anthony Rizzo, Jose Altuve, Manny Machado, Geritt Cole, Chris Sale and either Taijuan Walker or Christian Yelich.

This trade could alter the keepers. Would you suggest pulling the trigger on this deal or should I hold onto Cole if he's signficantly better than Gray....

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Trade advice.

I personally don't think Cole is 'significantly' better than Gray... and you get to add Longoria.

I would consider doing this trade and then trying to flip Longoria either today or in the offseason. One concern is... if you can only keep 2 players per position you will not be able to keep Walker?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Trade advice.

I actually can. Pitcher positions are broken out between AL right handed, NL Right handed and Left-handed starting pitchers. So technically I could keep 6 pitchers Thanks for confirming my thought process with regard to Gray + Longoria > Cole