Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
http://www.letsplayhockey.com/awards...ter-award.html

That's my source for O'Connor not being one of the top 5 goalies in the NCAA last year.
Thanks for sharing. Thats a still a subjective list and not all that relevant in regards to what they are as prospects and what they will do in pros and NHL. Probably all of these guys will amount to nothing. Oconnor could amount to nothing as well. But he had a very good year and has the talent necessary to have a great first year in the AHL.

Unless you watch every game and follow ncaa closely then I wouldn't be saying things like so and so is a top 5 or not, because we really have no clue. To dismiss people who have evaluated Oconnor and his talent, such as his goalie coach at BU who said he's a very good prospect and on the path of a guy like Schneider, and some teams like Edmonton who wanted him to play in the NHL now, would be an injustice. All I'm saying is it is definitely not just his size that was the reason for teams wanting him. its kind of like bishop who had to show his other traits to establish himself. If it was all about size then he would have signed many years ago.