Thread: Prospect keeper d-men conundrum

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Prospect keeper d-men conundrum

I need some help ranking several young (and slow developing) prospects that I've picked up over the last couple of years with the help of Dobbers prospect list. I was hoping these puck mover types would have been able to lock down roles by now, but things are looking cloudy and I'm thinking of cutting a couple of them. How would rank the following? Stefan Elliott/COL, Paul Postma/WPG, Chad Ruhwedel/BUF, TJ Brennan/TOR. Brennan has bounced around a few teams but has put up high goal totals in the minors, Elliott was rated very high at one time but Barrie has passed him, Postma has nice size but seems stalled, and Ruhwedel had a good AHL year but didn't show much in the show.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Prospect keeper d-men conundrum

I don't see any of those listed prospects having a fantasy impact in the near future. They all have full nhl rosters and several other prospects ahead of them on their teams' depth charts.
    16 Team H2H Full Keeper: G, A, Pts, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, H+B, FW, GAA, SV%, W, SV, SO
    Start: 4c, 4lw, 4rw, 6d, 2g, 8 bench

Center: Eichel, Scheifele, Nelson, Pirri
    Left Wing: Huberdeau, Hoffman (C/LW), Maroon, Soderberg (C/LW)
    Right Wing: Kessel, Little (C/RW), Nyquist (C/RW), Zucarrello (LW/RW)
    Defense: Karlsson, Carlson, Savard, Stone, Petry, McNabb
    Goalie: Bishop, Anderson, Raanta
    Bench: Lander, JT Miller, Eakin, Gerbe (C/LW), Dorsett, Jurco, Coyle (C/RW)

Farm: Gormley, S. Morin, Paquette, Weal, Poirier, Vesey, Goldobin, Fiala, Sprong, Copp, Griffith, Stolarz (G), Visentin (G), Bibeau (G), S. Williams (G)

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by karlm13 View Post
    I don't see any of those listed prospects having a fantasy impact in the near future. They all have full nhl rosters and several other prospects ahead of them on their teams' depth charts.
    Agree, OP is digging deep for sleepers! As they get older they may turn into viable candidates but I don't think you would want to hold them that long. Look for new prospects with a better chance of breaking out sometime soon.
    12 team league, Keep 12 skaters and 2 goalies, yahoo league, start 3 lw, 3 c, 3 rw, 6 d, 2 goalies, head to head, roto
    6 or 7 total bench players? Not 100% sure. Draft 9/22/15
    Categories: Goals, Assists, +/-, SOG, PPP, Hits, and Blocks. Goalie Categories: Wins, GAA, SV%, and Shutouts.
    Forwards: S. Stamkos, P. Kane, A. Kopitar, A. Barkov, N. Foligno, N. Kucherov, O. Palat, W. Simmonds, J. Drouin, N. Foligno, E. Kuznetsov, and D. Stepan.
    Goalies: M. Jones, J. Gibson
    Defense: Rasmus Ristolainen

Dobber Sports Recruit

Not much help so far here. Anybody with a suggested ranking? I'm thinking 1. Elliott 2. Postma 3. Ruhwedel 4. Brennan

Administrator

My Ranking:

Elliott
    Ruhwedel
    Postma
    Brennan

I don't like any of them though. Elliott still has a chance. Ruhwedel/Postma will barely (maybe never?) play and Brennan is an AHL body.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd rank them:

Ruhwedel
    Postma
    Elliott
    Brennan

Like others, I don't have much faith in any of them being true fantasy assets. Elliott is still young enough that he could find a decent NHL career but he needs to get out of the Avalanche organization. Patrick Roy doesn't trust him and simply doesn't like him much so as long as he stays there, he won't have an impact. If he ever moves to a new organization, I'd put him on the top of my list.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."