Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 5

The Wolverine

Default Re: 2015 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Okay, so I guess I might not make the playoffs, but do I need to worry about relegation? If so, can someone kindly remind me of how many are relegated so I know how much to stress over?
    As we only have 12 teams this year (instead of the usual 14), I believe we decided not to relegate. Then just promote the top 2 from Tier 2 and we'll be back up to 14 teams next season. I think it's on a thread on the league page.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    As we only have 12 teams this year (instead of the usual 14), I believe we decided not to relegate. Then just promote the top 2 from Tier 2 and we'll be back up to 14 teams next season. I think it's on a thread on the league page.
    Yeah, that was the decision.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Okay, so I guess I might not make the playoffs, but do I need to worry about relegation?
    The "R"-word!
    Ha... nah, we scrapped it so we could get back to 14 next year with the addition of two from the Tier II leagues!
    You are safe my friend!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    The "R"-word!
    Ha... nah, we scrapped it so we could get back to 14 next year with the addition of two from the Tier II leagues!
    You are safe my friend!
    Phew! Thanks for the info Peng! Now, how do I go about ruining someone's perilous playoff push...hehehe

The Wolverine

Glad I clinched last week as my opponent, Tears of Joique, is having a ridiculous day. He has both Stafford and Johnson - 8 TDs and 62 fantasy points between them!

Dobber Sports Deity

Man, tight one this week as it looks like I will be eeking out a victory vs P7 this week. An upset to say the least in my eyes and should seal my playoff spot for me and put a hault to my 3W losing streak.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Man, tight one this week as it looks like I will be eeking out a victory vs P7 this week. An upset to say the least in my eyes and should seal my playoff spot for me and put a hault to my 3W losing streak.
    Yep, and if my math is correct you will likely be playing Pengwin again.

As for me, I have a date with Mr 'I scored 160+ point this week'. Hope his team peaked early, but I highly doubt it.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Yep, and if my math is correct you will likely be playing Pengwin again.

As for me, I have a date with Mr 'I scored 160+ point this week'. Hope his team peaked early, but I highly doubt it.
    Ugh. I don't know if I like my chances two weeks in a row but at least I have him thinking.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Fugg.
    Well... looks like I gave Axeman a back-door to the post-season.
    I should NOT have started effin Tannehill - I even read that he got his points last week in garbage time and still started him.
    I'm a captive of Yahoos! "Projected Point" totals, I keep defaulting to thinking those are reliable.
    I look at them and go "Oh, Tannehill is slated for 18+pts, while Hoyer and A.Smith only have 16pts... I better go with Tannehill."
    Stupid Yahoo! Stupid Pengwin.

Shoulda gone with either guy on my bench... both (Hoyer & A.Smith) had 24pts to Tannehill's, like, 8pts.

Coulda been a BYE...
    Coulda been #1...
    Ah well... I guess I gotta take the hard road now.

Dobber Sports Deity

Fugg.
    I should NOT have started effin Tannehill - I even read that he got his points last week in garbage time and still started him.
    I'm a captive of Yahoos! "Projected Point" totals, I keep defaulting to thinking those are reliable.
    I look at them and go "Oh, Tannehill is slated for 18+pts, while Hoyer and A.Smith only have 16pts... I better go with Tannehill."

Shoulda gone with either guy on my bench... both (Hoyer & A.Smith) had 24pts to Tannehill's, like, 8pts.

Coulda been a BYE...
    Coulda been #1...
    Those Yahoo "projections" are crap. I stopped relying on those ages ago. I am glad you didn't though.

Fugg.

Coulda been a BYE...
    Coulda been #1...
    Could have traded me for Eli. I offered

Pretty sure horrorfan is just trolling/jinxing me now. Team for sure peaked to early. But ya boy ARob was doing football things. So pumped about how he turned out this season, I drafted him everywhere. Was so high on the kid. But really, I got 7 touchdowns from my WRs. That seems like the definition of peaking early lol. I'll just have to settle for highest PF in the regular season.

Dobber Sports Master

The bad news: after last week's dead cat bounce, my team went back to sucking.

The good news: It didn't matter! There is no way I was beating BadonkaGronk's 163pt explosion, so a good performance would have been totally wasted!
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Of interesting note... for the 5th straight year, we'll have a new champ.
    No previous year champs are in the top six.
    Also, I think the only team's that have "placed" in previous years are cannon (2nd in 2011) and myself (3rd in 2014).

Just looking through lots of stats. It's cool how much they track. All time and stuff.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Just looking through lots of stats. It's cool how much they track. All time and stuff.
    Yeah... I don't think my all-time smallest margin of defeat is getting beaten. 0.02... that's basically a running back falling forward.

I also had the all time biggest margin of defeat at 95pts... which seemed unbeatable until I lost by over 107pts this week!
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril