Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fantasy Football Draft Advice...for a Newbee

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Fantasy Football Draft Advice...for a Newbee

Ohh.... forgot to mention! trust me ...use this tiered draft list for drafting http://www.borischen.co/

It is from Boris Chen, he uses an algorithm to put all the expert ADP's and puts them in tiers.... draft according to the higher tiers...Trust me...get comfortable with this and use it! It will save your draft day! google beer sheets as well as many people seem to love them.

It makes for easier drafting as players are tiered and colour coded for ease of use.

I will say again...trust me.... this guy and his list is LEGIT
    14 team, keep 6 points only (extra point for ppp). no position req.

Malkin, Tavares, Benn, Seguin, Hudler, Little, Barkov, fisher,Backes

Keith , Kronwall, Green , letang, Edler

Quick, Crawford

Dobber Sports Apprentice

In my opinion the "Stud" RB's are Bell, Charles, Lacy, AP, Lynch and Hill and possibly Forte, although I think he drops off this year.... Im not as sold on CJ Anderson as most and I am scared off from Murray as he had a TON of touches last year.

Quick, Crawford

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by dbrzrk View Post
    Im not as sold on CJ Anderson as most and I am scared off from Murray as he had a TON of touches last year.
    I would take the risk on Anderson as Denver goes with a more balanced approach this season and tries to pound the ball a little more. He also gets work in the passing game so the volume will be there and he has shown the skill is already there.

100% absolutely right about Murray. footballdocs.com has an excellent article about overworked running backs. They analyze all the running back who have had 380+ carries in a season and what happens the next year. Pretty well, unless your name was Eric Dickerson, your production tails off significantly. Murray also has missed some time in his previous seasons which can be a red flag to him as well. Don't get sucked in and try to grab one of the other 8 RBs mentioned.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by andrewklassen View Post
    Hey Z, so in STD scoring system [2 RB, 2 WR, and 1 RB/WR flex] who would you list as "studs" at RB? I've been crunching data, mock drafts, and absorbing as many articles as I can wrap my head around for my first football draft. It seems to me that a WR who has a career year might come close to 250 points, but a RB who has a career year could come close to 300. Upside favors RBs, touches and consistency tends to favor RBs. I feel like I can drop 25 WRs and find surprisingly great value down there, but I'm taking huge risk/reward RB picks by 25. In no way do I want to lock myself into a RB/RB draft strategy, but why would you so adamantly say NEVER draft 2 RBs with your opening 2 selections?
    Stud RB's to me are L.Bell, E.Lacy, Peterson, Charles, Lynch, and Forte.. Next tier: Anderson, Hill, McCoy, Murray, Forsett, Spiller, Gore.. A.Foster is in those groups when healthy..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

[QUOTE=Goldendelicious;1503831]I would take the risk on Anderson as Denver goes with a more balanced approach this season and tries to pound the ball a little more. He also gets work in the passing game so the volume will be there and he has shown the skill is already there.

Anderson passes the eye test, although small sample size.... and Kubiak tends to bellcow his backs, and Peyton Fukin Manning tends to make ordinary backs pretty solid, but the whole Denver backfield situation reminds me so much of the Patriots....

I'd rather not invest a mid first in CJ if possible... Too much risk for my liking...I'd rather grab Hill at that spot and get Juwan thompson or Hillman late as a speculative add.

Quick, Crawford