Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Desperte For Advice

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Desperte For Advice

We have our 2015 prospect draft coming up soon and I have the 2nd, 9th, 10th, 13th and 25th overall picks plus a few others. My team is in my sig. below. I'm in what seems like a forever rebuild. I was thinking of moving these picks for young up and coming players.

One offer I had was.........
    Evegny Kuznetsov, Frederik Anderson, Nakita Zadorov
    for
    Roman Josi, Jiri Hudler, and my 9th

Another semi offer was..............
    Hertl or Elias Lindholm for my 9,10 and 13............he also has Teravainen and Mrazek
    Now this guy has the 1st overall pick and I thought I could offer him my first 4 picks for some kind of combination of these 4 players
    I think he is willing to trade to get my 2nd pick.

Lastly a third team is interested and offered the following players..............(not all for the picks)
    Brock Nelson, Charlie Coyle, Matt Read, Danny DeKeyser, Derrick Pouliot, Oscar Klefbom, Robby Fabbri, maaaaaaybe Jon Bernier and Larkin.

my problem is simple and here is my questions. I'm not sure how to value these picks. Obviously the 2nd pick is great but I would like to know how much in return I should be getting.
    I personally think the second group of players might be my best option to try to work a trade. Yes?, no? OR DO I JUST KEEP MY PICKS?

If anyone has any ideas for trade offers based on the above info, It would be greatly appreciated.
    I thought about doing the first offer and then trying to work out a deal with the second group of players.

Thanks in advance!!!
    12 Team H2H keeper league. Start 4-C, 4-LW, 4-RW, 6-D and 1-G. Scoring: Skaters, G-3pts, A-3pts, Blks-.4,
    Hits-.2, P/M-.25, Hatty-10, PPG-3, PPA-2, SHG-3, SHA-2, SOG-.2, Goalie, GA-(0-3) -1pts, (4-10) -3pts ea.
    Losses-5, Wins-5, SO-15, Saves-.2

C - Dvorak, Hischier, Kuznetsov, Couture, Copp
    F - Konecny, Hoffman, Ritchie, Verhaeghe, Buchnevich, Mantha, Pasternak,
    Bertuzzi, Duchene, Kubalik, Palat, Bjorkstrand, Meier, Palmieri,
    D - Carlson, Makar, Muzzin, Pesce, Pionk, Trouba,
    G - Vasilevskiy, Mrazek, Nedeljkovic
    M - Lundkvist, Perunovich

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Desperte For Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Puck Nation View Post
    We have our 2015 prospect draft coming up soon and I have the 2nd, 9th, 10th, 13th and 25th overall picks plus a few others...
    Now this guy has the 1st overall pick and I thought I could offer him my first 4 picks for some kind of combination of these 4 players
    I think he is willing to trade to get my 2nd
    These are most likely going to be the guys you'll get with your first 5 picks

2: Eichel
    9: Provorov/Meier
    10: Connor/Crouse
    13: Svechnikov/Konecny/Samsonov
    25: Boeser/Merkley/Beauvillier/Bracco

I would not be inclined to make any moves for the players listed above as you should be able to select high end talent with your picks that will help you later on.

The initial offer of Kuznetsov, Andersen and Zadarov for Josi, Hudler and your 9th is not bad but I would try to bump that 9th to 13th.

The deal to get the first overall (4 first picks) is something I would do for sure, but I doubt he accepts even if you have Eichel included.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Initiate

I also like that 1st offer because it would be an upgrade to your goaltending to get Andersen and then see if you can move Ward!
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Genius

Q: How to extract value....?

A: Have a mix of assets in your offer for your trading partner's different asset.

For example: Hudler, Nichushkin & 10th for [insert one extremely good forward]

The GM you are making the offer to could see Hudler as a adequate replacement for player x, could be jonesing for Nichushkin and really be into prospects. In the end you end up with what is hopefully the best player in the exchange. Do this 3 or 4 times (based on all the picks and prospects you have) and supplement you team with not only some real NHL players but some real NHL fantasy assets.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the responses guys! Anyone else have an opinion or suggestion?
    thanks,
    12 Team H2H keeper league. Start 4-C, 4-LW, 4-RW, 6-D and 1-G. Scoring: Skaters, G-3pts, A-3pts, Blks-.4,
    Hits-.2, P/M-.25, Hatty-10, PPG-3, PPA-2, SHG-3, SHA-2, SOG-.2, Goalie, GA-(0-3) -1pts, (4-10) -3pts ea.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

The biggest problem I see is that you are holding a bunch of aging veterans on your team and you are nowhere close to competing in a 12-team league.

Franzen needs to be straight cut. Dan Boyle needs to be cut.
    Cammalleri needs to be moved for whatever upgrade you can get for him.
    H.Sedin needs to be moved, but for something significant. (the owner of Daniel Sedin will give you best return value)

You are going to need roster spots for your picks.
    You are going to need at least a few elite players to compete.

And while I know you feel stuck in a forever rebuild... you have to stay with it because you are not close.

My advice.
    1. Strip this team down. I see no point for you to compete this year, you are not close. You want to finish bottom of your league and have a VERY good chance at landing Auston Mathews.

2. Take the Kuznetsov/Andersen trade. I like Hudler and I like Josi, but 3 years from now they are not likely the 80/55pt players they were this past year. Those were CAREER YEARS for each of Hudler & Josi. I would see if he'll take your 13th overall pick and call it a deal. (The 9th/10th has some very good value... I really like the top 10 from this prospect draft, but feel there is a bit of a drop after the NHL top 10 plus Barzal & Crouse I like... but not the #13 pick, because the top 10 + Barzal + Crouse should be gone as the top 12 in almost any prospect draft, IMO.)

3. If you can get Mrazek/Teravainen for your 9/10/13/25... I'd do that. Not Hertl though, yuck. Elias Lindholm is a great player to target though. I'd take him straight up for your 9, 10, or 13... maybe even for two of those.

4. If you pull the trigger on Andersen(ANA) - I'd also see if you can get John Gibson(ANA) - you want to be secure in having a future #1 on a team. Same reasoning I like for you to go after Mrazek... Howard is only a maybe.

That's my advice.
    Re-ordering it.
    1. See what it'll take to get Mrazek, especially.
    2. See what it'll take to get J.Gibson.
    3. If you can get both those guys affordably, I'd pull the deals for Andersen(ANA) and shore up that you have the future DET & ANA goalie tandems. You can build a team around Eichel, those two tandems, and hopefully tank yourself down for the Auston Mathews next summer. That's a great direction for a re-build.

The Great One

Agree with everything Pengwin said- solid post- and just to add though.

DO NOT MOVE THE 2ND OVERALL.

You asked what you should be getting for it? An the answer is that unless youre getting a franchise cornerstone- dont bother. Eichel will be a legitimate step towards a bonafide re-build- hes your prize here. Like Buffalo hes going to give your team some legitimacy. I also respectfully disagree with the suggestion to shop Nicushkin. Obviously its dependent on the return but again unless its a faranchise cornerstone- pass. Youre team simply does not need any medium risk/medium reward type players. Youre in the throwing $hit portion of your re-build. I target all the cheap high risk/high reward types I could and see which ones stick- so that in 2-3 years when Eichel is coming into his own he will have the support needed to do some damage in your league. Id kick tires on E Kane, Skinner, maybe Yak/Draisaitl. Thats not to say Im a huge fan of these guys- but Imjust saying theyll likely be cheap an COULD pay huge dividends.

On the third offer Nelson and Pouliot are intriguing although Id make sure not to overpay

Dobber Sports Stud

1. Do not trade 2nd overall for any of these guys, even combined.

2. The first offer is intriguing, but I'd hate for you to trade Josi. He's 25 and fits well in a rebuild. I'd try to substitute Krug. Or try to rework the deal without involving the defensemen. Maybe add a pick on your end.

3. Lindholm, TT, Mrazek are all intriguing, but not worth 3 picks. I'd try one of those picks (say #10) and #25 for one of those players.

4. Pouliot and Fabbri are the two I'd look at. Depends on the asking price. If it's picks, Pouliot is likely worth 10 and 13.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

wow! thanks for the advice!! those last three posts are exactly what I was looking for!! thanks again.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Again thanks in advance for the help........................I still need advice with the Kuznetsov offer. the guy refuses to take anything less than the 9th pick. He will NOT take the 13th pick.
    He also has 15 picks in a 6 round draft AND is a top 2 team. I find it hard to give him a top 10 pick. Guess my pride might be getting in the way.

Do I do it or not? pengwin?, Emu? Anyone?, Anyone? Bueller?, Bueller?
    thanks,

btw, the other deals did not work out.

Dobber Sports Deity

Has the draft progressed yet? In other words, have you even started drafting yet?

Personally I think Kuznetsov for the 9th overall is a fair deal for both, but without knowing who is still available (again, assuming the draft has already started) makes this a bit tougher to guage.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

draft has not started. thanks

Dobber Sports Deity

If you make the trade for Kuznetsov, how does this affect your current roster? Do you have an available spot for him or is he someone you plan on stashing in your minors for the time being (assuming you have that option)?

What's your plan with Kuznetsov assuming you get him? Obviously you can stash your drafted player with the 9th overall in the minors.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

minors is not an option.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think the 9th overall for Kuznetsov is a fair deal and I would do it.

You know what you are getting with Kuznetsov and we still haven't seen the best of him yet. The 9th overall "should" be a very good player as well but it always carries a bit of risk.