Thread: Stalberg signs with Rangers

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Stalberg signs with Rangers

Not the most massive signing of the day, but I don't see any thread created for it yet. I see him as a third-line option in NYR. Thoughts?
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Stalberg signs with Rangers

Meh
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Sage

He's not good enough to be a top 6 forward and he doesn't have enough grit to play on a checking line. I think the best place for him is Europe.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I think the best place for him is Europe.
    I think the best place for ME is Europe, but I digress...
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Wizard

Stalberg is nothing special.... But man him and Kreider on the same line would be fun to watch. It wont happen because that would be a waste of Kreider's talent, but the size and speed coming down the wings would be awesome.

Stalberg on the 3rd or 4th line with Etem is more likely, and still interesting.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Meh
    HaHaHa.. This is awesome and so fitting..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Stud

I was somewhat surprised to see NY making this move, but I think they are hedging their bets on Etem. Both guys can really fly and with Hagelin gone perhaps NY wants to ensure they not only have the most effective speed winger but also want to ensure coverage in case of injury. The contract is small enough and of marginal term that they can cut bait if things don`t work out.

I like the move as he fits in nicely at the bottom of the roster. My guess is that Fast gets the chance to earn the 3rd line job but may be guilty of playing a 4th line role more effectively than Viktor can.

The entire situation will be in flux depending on where AV wants to slot Kevin Hayes which in turn affects JT Miller.

Kevin says he is a center, while he played on the wing for significant portions of NY`s season.

My hunch is that Hayes lines up at 2nd line RW, which bumps JT Miller to 3rd line thus forcing Fast/Stalberg to the 4th line or pressbox.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.