Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How many championships you got?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default How many championships you got?

This was a topic on another forum I frequent so I thought I'd bring it here. Actually, I needed to adjust my original post . This is what I have for titles and my years of fandom:

Chicago Blackhawks 27 years (2010, 2013, 2015) Fan from 1988

Jeff Gordon 18 years (1997,1998, 2001) Fan from 1997

Chicago Bulls 13 years (1991,1992,1993,1996,1997,1998) Fan from 1985-1998

Chicago Cubs 32 years 1 (2016) Fan from 1984

Notre Dame Football 10 years (1988) Fan from 1986 to 1996 (Lou Holtz Era)

No other team I would ever say I was a fan of. I have jumped on many bandwagons but I don't claim their championships.

13 Championships in 75 years of fandom or 17%. Roughly 1 championships every 3 seasons.

And if I had to rank my to top 5 championships:
    1) 2013 Blackhawks
    2) 2010 Blackhawks
    3) 2015 Blackhawks

4) 1998 Bulls (Jordan in Game 6 was legendary!)
    5) 2001 Jeff Gordon

How say you?
    Last edited by Daydream Nation; November 3, 2016 at 1:06 AM.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Great One

Default Re: How many championships you got?

Buffalo Sabres - 38 years, 0 championships.
    Buffalo Bills - 38 years, 0 championships.

Could be worse. I could be a Leafs fan...

Dobber Sports Giant

Pittsburgh Penguins (born in 1988; 3 championships - 1991, 1992, 2009)

Pittsburgh Steelers (2 championships - 2005, 2008)

University of Michigan football (1 national championship - 1997) /// U of Michigan Ice Hockey (2 national championships - 1996, 1998)

So, that appears to be 8 "championships" in 26 seasons of sporting activity since I was born in the summer of 1988. Not bad, I suppose. Go Blue.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Stud

5th generation Cardinals Fan......life is good there has never really been a down time...3 world championships in my lifetime and we have played in 7 World Series and 13 NLCS in my 34 years and look poised to add to that this season.

2nd Generation Blues Fans.....Karma is a bitch.....the Blues donate all of theirs apparently to the Cardinals

These are truly the only two sports I passionately follow.....which is pretty normal for a St. Louisan....
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Stud

Red Wings: 4 cups (97, 98, 02, 08) (although was at game 7 live in 09 so losing that one is worth like 3

Lions: Fan since Barry Sanders shimmied around defenses. It's been a long while.

Tigers: Technically 1 (1984) but wasn't much of fan then. Although I did think Alan Trammell was the bomb. Both appearances since have been blowout losses.

Pistons: Not a big NBA fan anymore but liked it more when I was younger. So 89 and 90 wins sort of counted. 2004 wouldn't.

Notre Dame Football: 1996-2008. Was into them when I'd road trip every couple of years to a game. Haven't been since 2008 and sort of lost touch with college ball.

Had some brief love affairs when I was really young with Lemieux, Shawn Kemp and Michigan - but not true fandom. Even of the big 4, probably only the Wings I would consider myself a tried and true fan of. The others I follow - some years more closely than others - but the Wings are the one constant.

Great thread idea.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Master

At 41, you would think I have a lot of championship memories.

However, I am a Leafs fan...0 championships in all those years. God almighty, have mercy.

Toronto Blue Jays: two World Series back in the early 90's. Cherish those memories. "Touch 'em all, Joe! You'll never hit a bigger home run in your life!" Tom Cheek, 1993.

Los Angeles Lakers fan in the 80's: huge fan of Magic Johnson & Kareem Abdul Jabbar. I can remember their championship titles in '80, 82, 85, 87 & 88. However, I am not a Kobe Bryant fan, and switched allegiance to the Toronto Raptors once they entered the league in 1995. No titles yet for the Raptors...yet.

While I like NFL football, and watch the Super Bowl every year, I can't claim one team as my own. I enjoyed watching Joe Montana's 49ers, Brett Favre's Packers and Peyton Manning's Colts, and cheered loudly when they claimed their titles, but I am not dedicated enough to one team to lay claim to their championships. Same goes for the CFL.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Toronto Blue Jays.. I have seen the Jays play every American League team live, aswell as some of the National League teams.. I have seen the Jays play at the Skydome/Rogers Center aswell as Exibition Stadium in the 1980's.. Been a fan since 1979!! Highlight: 1992 World Series.. 1993 World Series was awesome too, but nothing compares to the first one!!

Boston Bruins.. Been a fan since I started loving hockey.. Highlight: 2011 Stanley Cup Lowlight: Being at the game at Maple Leaf Gardens where Can Neely sat his first and only NHL game on the bench.. I was so disappointed..

Winnipeg Jets 2.0.. Highlights: Being at game 1 live against the Montreal Canadiens and being at game 3 live against the Ducks in the 2015 playoffs.. "Whiteout"
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Padawan

I've been quite lucky during my sports fan lifetime.
    Blackhawks- 2010, 2013, 2015 been a fan since 1993 when my grandpa, a diehard Hawks fan gave me his Stan Mikita jersey.
    Blue Jays- 1992, 1993 some of my favorite sports memories are from those years and still know the rosters from memory.
    Golden State Warriors - 2015 been a fan since 2001 thanks to Jason Richardson.

So this year was very special for me as a fan getting the NHL and NBA championships on back to back days.

Dobber Sports Expert

Pittsburgh Penguins: 1991, 1992, 2009
    German national soccer team: European Champion 1996, World Champion 2014

Short list, but i only have 2 teams plus my national soccer team.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I've been a Blackhawks fan since 1995 or so.... I got into hockey shortly before Roenick and Belfour were traded, and Colorado over Florida was my first Cup Final watched. So 3 titles in 20 years.

My family is all Raiders fans in football. Lots of disappointment there... We'll say 0 titles in 20 years.

I'm not too into baseball now, but I was up until a few years ago. White Sox fan, so 1 title in 12 years or so.

And then being from Portland, we only have one team in the big 4 sports leagues.... I've never been huge into basketball, but I do consider myself a Blazers fan. Came so close in the early 2000's but it never happened.... So with not being a huge basketball fan, I'll say I have about 15 years of being a fan, with 0 titles.

Altogether, 4 titles in 67 seasons. One every 17 seasons.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Deity

I've been an Edmonton Oilers fan since I was 10 years old; the same year they joined the NHL. Actually back in '79, I cheered for all the merging teams - Winnipeg, Hartford, Quebec and Edmonton. They were new and different and I didn't want to cheer for the same team as my dad (he's still a Leafs fan) so I hopped on their wagons. Edmonton is the only original team from that merger and I still cheer for them. Once the other teams left for other cities, I stopped cheering for them as much (although I still hope they do well).

Edmonton Oilers - Five Stanley Cups 84, 85, (should have been 86 but damn that Steve Smith), 87, 88, 90

Toronto Blue Jays - 92, 93.

San Francisco 49ers - 81, 84, 88, 89, 94

Halifax Mooseheads - 2013 Memorial Cup Champs

Acadia Axemen Hockey - 1992, 1996 CIS National Champs

I don't really watch much basketball but being a Canadian I guess if I had to pick a team to cheer for it would be the Raptors for the obvious reason.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

I remember being crushed when the leafs and rangers knocked out the isles in 78,79 but prior to that I was a habs fan as a really young kid .

so I'd say I was happy when habs won in 1976 and 1977 then happy when isles won in 1980,81,82,83 for a total of 6 championships.

I liked the Celtics,Orioles,SD Chargers,Bjorn Borg (tennis),North Carolina (college hoops)back in those younger days too but dont recall jumping up and down in my parents living room when they won anything as I did for my isles

Dobber Sports Titan

NHL: Leafs fan 1991
    MLB: Blue Jay fan
    NFL: Washington redskins fan

I barely see playoff games let alone championships
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Legend

Since I've been born (or old enough to understand sports) ...

Flyers = zilch. Although very nice runs in the 80's and during the Lindros Era.

Eagles = nada.

Phillies = 2 World Series'.

Sixers = 1 Championship.

I also love the Habs and their Cup run in 1992-93 was one of the most enjoyable times I can remember as a sports fan.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Banned

Senators: 0

Red Sox: 3

Raptors (don't really care): 0

Italian National Soccer Team: 1

Carleton Ravens CIS Men's Basketball: 6 (11 in total since 2003)