Page 40 of 65 FirstFirst ... 30 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 50 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

The Great One

Default Re: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

It probably takes more effort to drive to a McDonalds, get out of the car, wait in line, get back in the car and continue on with your day than it is to simply make coffee at home lol

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    In regards to laziness, what difference does that make? Wouldn't the non-lazy option be to make your own coffee?
    I drink A LOT of coffee and make several half pots a day. I also do the K-cups on occasion. Often times I will stop when I am out and about and get something better than I make at home. LOL- What do you think, you're going to prove I'm a hypocrite?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I also do the K-cups on occasion.
    Now you're a guy who is annoyed by laziness and condemns fat people, but regularly hits up fast food joints and drinks K-cups.

I'll add one that irks me to the list: self-righteous hypocrites.

Being a hypocrite is one thing (we all are in some way or another), but what irks me about this in particular is that you speak out against laziness as if you're above it, and you even go so far as to punish others for their slightly different acts of laziness. Either toughen up and be less lazy yourself, or step down from your high horse.

Dobber Sports Sage

Now you're a guy who is annoyed by laziness and condemns fat people, but regularly hits up fast food joints and drinks K-cups.

Being a hypocrite is one thing (we all are in some way or another), but what irks me about this in particular is that you speak out against laziness as if you're above it, and you even go so far as to punish others for their slightly different acts of laziness. Either toughen up and be less lazy yourself, or step down from your high horse.
    Whatever..... You don't know anything about the frequency with which I do things. I laugh at you since you all wrong.
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Star

Whatever..... You don't know anything about the frequency with which I do things. I laugh at you since you all wrong.
    lol okay man.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I'll usually do the complete opposite because I dont feel like getting my vehicle dinged by someone with bad parking habits .I'm that guy who's in the middle of that ''other'' section of the parking lot yet to be utilized .

bonus IRK --when I park all alone in an area not being utilized quite yet and someone pulls up to park within 3 spots .
    I always park in that "other" section of the parking lot! I don't mind when someone parks NEAR me out in the boonies, but I lose my shit when you park right NEXT to me and there are still tons of other spots available.

EDIT: Huh, I thought that "shit" would have been blanked out. No shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    When you get kicked out of hotel for dangling your junk in the scrambled eggs at the continental breakfast.

First of all, if there are scrambled eggs it isn't a continental! And secondly, what happened to 'the customer is always right'?
    Suffice it to say I left them a bad review on tripadvisor...
    Oh Loch, I love your sense of humour...wait, this IS a joke, right? Right?
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Sage

After finishing dinner I will react to this ridiculous post where you responded to what I wrote. Either your reading comprehension skills SUCK or you decided to blatantly misrepresent what I wrote which is DISHONEST. Pick one! Are you stupid or just being a dick? A little of both?

I never said I regularly hit up fast food joints. I said I go to McDonalds often times for coffee. This is because they serve my favorite coffee. I might hit up a DD, Starbucks or McD 4-6 times a month. So to suggest I am being hypocritical since I condemn fat people and then say I go to fast food joints regularly completely misrepresents what I wrote.

Besides, tell me what is lazy about getting an occasional cup of coffee when you out of the house during the day? As a coffee drinker, I consider it a treat to get myself something better than what I drink at home everyday.

And what is the issue with K-Cups? My wife has a Keurig and I occasionally have a cup of Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts K-Cup since it is better than my everyday Folgers? How is this being lazy? It is not economical since a K-Cup is about 0.50 each but that is not what this is about.

So not only are you either being dishonest or stupid with the way you responded to me, your overall premise doesn’t make logical sense. I don’t get restaurant coffee or make K-Cup since I am lazy. I get them because I like them better and am treating myself.

This is the second time I have gotten into it with you, over coffee coincidentally, where there are gaping holes in what spew off about.

Dobber Sports Star

After finishing dinner I will react to this ridiculous post where you responded to what I wrote. Either your reading comprehension skills SUCK or you decided to blatantly misrepresent what I wrote which is DISHONEST. Pick one! Are you stupid or just being a dick? A little of both?

I never said I regularly hit up fast food joints. I said I go to McDonalds often times for coffee. This is because they serve my favorite coffee. I might hit up a DD, Starbucks or McD 4-6 times a month. So to suggest I am being hypocritical since I condemn fat people and then say I go to fast food joints regularly completely misrepresents what I wrote.

Besides, tell me what is lazy about getting an occasional cup of coffee when you out of the house during the day? As a coffee drinker, I consider it a treat to get myself something better than what I drink at home everyday.

And what is the issue with K-Cups? My wife has a Keurig and I occasionally have a cup of Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts K-Cup since it is better than my everyday Folgers? How is this being lazy? It is not economical since a K-Cup is about 0.50 each but that is not what this is about.

So not only are you either being dishonest or stupid with the way you responded to me, your overall premise doesn’t make logical sense. I don’t get restaurant coffee or make K-Cup since I am lazy. I get them because I like them better and am treating myself.

This is the second time I have gotten into it with you, over coffee coincidentally, where there are gaping holes in what spew off about.
    If you don't think K-cups and McDonald's are lazy ways to get your coffee, then we might as well just agree to disagree.

Dobber Sports Star

It's funny because K-cups are often talked about as a perfect symbol for the lazy, wasteful consumerism that runs rampant in America (here's a link to one example: http://www.businessinsider.com/keuri...merican-2015-3). McDonald's isn't far off either now that I think of it. Almost a synonym for laziness.

So I find it incredibly ironic that you say laziness annoys you to the point that you are vindictive about it in parking lots, yet you buy and use k-cups...

Dobber Sports Pro

Daydream, I like you. You seem like a good guy and generally make good and interesting points about things. That being said, did you go back and edit your post to remove "I regularly eat fast food"? Lol

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Daydream, I like you. You seem like a good guy and generally make good and interesting points about things. That being said, did you go back and edit your post to remove "I regularly eat fast food"? Lol
    No, he didn't do that.

I said that in summary of other things he had said, but I shouldn't have misquoted him. I should have just left the quotations off because I was paraphrasing.

Dobber Sports Pro

Ahhhhhhhhh my bad then. As a result of your bad lol. I thought you were quoting something he said.

please accept my sincerest apologies for the suggestion, daydream.

Dobber Sports Sage

It's funny because K-cups are often talked about as a perfect symbol for the lazy, wasteful consumerism that runs rampant in America (here's a link to one example: http://www.businessinsider.com/keuri...merican-2015-3). McDonald's isn't far off either now that I think of it. Almost a synonym for laziness.

So I find it incredibly ironic that you say laziness annoys you to the point that you are vindictive about it in parking lots, yet you buy and use k-cups...
    I don't give a flying F%#$ what the article says. When I have a Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts K-Cup or get coffee from McDonald's or some other restaurant it is because I WANT THAT COFFEE. I prefer that coffee over what I routinely make. I am not choosing that coffee since I am too lazy to brew a pot of coffee. I have made a pot of coffee every morning since 1990-something. I routinely make 2 pots of coffee a day during the week and more on the weekends. When I go on fishing trips, I take my own coffee pot to make my own coffee since I don't want to have buy coffee nonstop and because I have gotten burned with getting a room that didn't have a coffeemaker. I told you not to jump to conclusions yet you went ahead and made assumptions about me that were WRONG.

Dobber Sports Star

I don't give a flying F%#$ what the article says. When I have a Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts K-Cup or get coffee from McDonald's or some other restaurant it is because I WANT THAT COFFEE. I prefer that coffee over what I routinely make.
    Dude, calm yourself and look at this rationally. How is that different from the parking laziness you mentioned? THEY WANT THAT SPOT. They prefer it over the other spots.

Don't act like it's impossible to make coffee of that caliber yourself, and stop trying to convince yourself that your case is different. Waiting for a parking spot while somebody walks to their car is lazy. Drinking K-cups is lazy. Fast food restaurants are lazy.

Dobber Sports Ninja

See this is why I drink tea. It's more peaceful.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket