Page 38 of 65 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 48 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

https://www.wsj.com/articles/struggl...uck-1501686801

While this article was interesting overall, making Taylor Tibbetts a sympathetic person is ridiculous. The girl had a full scholarship for swimming but left after only a week due to being extremely homesick. Then she lasts a semester at a community college since she clashed with her coach and was put off by the sexual behavior and partying of her classmates. Now she is offended because she had to write a paper about Trump and that her roommate threw up in the shower after a night of drinking.

So we are supposed to feel sympathy for this girl since she is stuck in her small town and there are not any jobs? How about Taylor grows up? How about not judging everyone using your conservative, Christian views? Sports gave her some opportunities that most people do not receive but she was too immature and self righteous to take advantage of them. This part of the article annoyed the hell out of me.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Monster

Mispronunciation of hockey players names.

Alex Peter-angelo - Like "Peter Pan" but Peter-Angelo when I usually say it "PEH-TRAN-GELO"
    Mitch Mariner
    Michael Granlund - i say it "mickhail" granlund but i keep hearing people call him Michael like WTF
    Jack Reichel

I don't know why but that always bugged the heck out of me. Once at one of our drafts there were countless mispronunciations of names and one of the top poolies pipes up and says "CAN WE GET THE NAMES SAID RIGHT AT LEAST? C MON". I couldn't help but laugh.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Coffee cups that drip from under the lid.

Like the kind you get from a deli or street vendor or whatever, and there's just a steady periodic drip from under the lid as you're carrying/holding the thing. You can take the lid off, wipe it, re-position it, try to fix the structural integrity of the cup rim.

But it doesn't matter.

Drip...

Drip...

Drip....
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    You must hate Don Cherry.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    You must hate Don Cherry.
    funny thing is i love hearing him mis-pronounce names haha. Cherry is the one exception to the rule.

but came to post what irks me again, how facebook always shows you what your friend likes or comments on, like I dont want to look at the silly meme someone liked, the half naked guy this girl likes, or random statuses people like. Everytime I see those I unfollow all from the person I'm not friends with, i finally had to unfollow one of my friends because i kept seeing memes that they liked on my time line. It was from many different pages so I couldn't keep up with unfollowing all the pages.

Aint nobody got time fo dat!

Dobber Sports Expert

For some reason, I really ****ing hate when people talk about the United States of America and say the term "America". To me, America is the continent(South America/Central America/North America). America includes Chile,El Salvador,Mexico,Canada etc.... It sounds so pretentious and pedant when I hear "AMERICANS(AGRRRRR)" say America, Make America Great Again.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Titan

Bad drivers with new cars.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Master

smokers walking ahead you while on a nature trail hike .

I muttered are you effing kidding me as my ol lady and I whizzed past them

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post

Alex Peter-angelo - Like "Peter Pan" but Peter-Angelo when I usually say it "PEH-TRAN-GELO"
    Mitch Mariner
    Michael Granlund - i say it "mickhail" granlund but i keep hearing people call him Michael like WTF
    Jack Reichel

I don't know why but that always bugged the heck out of me. Once at one of our drafts there were countless mispronunciations of names and one of the top poolies pipes up and says "CAN WE GET THE NAMES SAID RIGHT AT LEAST? C MON". I couldn't help but laugh.
    This is non-hockey related? )

Dobber Sports Sage

I get annoyed at people that always have to get the closest parking spot and will wait for someone to back out in order not to walk an extra 30 yards. It just strikes me as being lazy. I do wait a little longer to back out when someone is sitting there waiting for my spot.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I do wait a little longer to back out when someone is sitting there waiting for my spot.
    You bastard.

Dobber Sports Deity

People who drive in the passing lane when there is no one in front of them. I see it every morning on my commute to work.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    People who drive in the passing lane when there is no one in front of them. I see it every morning on my commute to work.
    Yeah, this^^^!

I seriously think people where I live now are taught that there's no intended difference between the lanes. And they just won't move the hell over. So people pass each other on the left, the right, in the middle lanes ... it's total chaos completely unnecessarily.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Star

I wonder what percentage of the complaints in this thread are traffic related?

I can barely drive 6 blocks without going insane so I completely understand, but unlike some problems this is one you can solve yourself. Don't drive, or drive less! Like most people, I used to drive everywhere I went, and every little aspect of every stupid moron on the road drove me nuts. Now, I rarely drive and I'm much happier (and richer) for it. Before someone pipes up with a "ya well I'd like to see you try that in my situation...", I know that driving is pretty much a necessity in some cases. But, EVERYBODY could cut back significantly if they tried. I suggest those with laundry lists of traffic related gripes to try cutting back and see how much happier it makes you.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    I've turned into one of those nervous cyclists (yup with the $ bike and tight shorts ) - two years ago I came across an accident with a car and cyclist on my way to work. He was being attended too by the driver and lied in the tall grass motionless. Found out later in the day he died on scene. Since then I find myself much more nervous about those coming at me from behind. I'm in rural Ontario on a mildly busy county road but still get a weee nervous. I'm at the mercy of the driver. When I hear them approaching I always move to the right as far as I can. I've already had a few trucks hauling trailers nearly shave my left elbow off as they wouldn't move over. Even 1/2 foot is all I need.

That cyclist should be following the rules of the road BUT I can make a case perhaps as to why they are doing that.
    I would really like to know what the thinking of a cyclist is when they ride in a live lane even though they have room on the shoulder. For example, on Saturday, I was driving along a 4 lane semi busy road in York Region, Ontario. The paved shoulder had to be 10' wide along this stretch. I am sure 4 cyclists would fit across it, yet, for some reason, one of the 2 cyclist I approached, was riding on the outside of the line, on the right side of the right lane. Was he just being a dick? Was he just not all there? Was he a thrill seeker? I really want to know because it really pissed me off. I honked my horn as I drove by him thinking maybe he didn't realize where he was or, in case he was sleep riding, but he just made a hand gesture. To which I answered of course.

So, you riders out there, please explain to us why you prefer to distrupt traffic, endanger your lives and others, rather than ride on the paved shoulders. I really need to be educated on this because I need to gain a little respect for you. Thanks.