Page 35 of 65 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 45 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    People who think speed bumps in mall parking lots are cross-walks. The crosswalk is that stripey thing about 10yrds away... if you were there I would stop and let you cross, but you ain't so I will run you the eff over you entitled moron. Suffice it to say, someone done irked me today.
    You know it's a parking lot, right? People walking to and from their cars to the mall and back. Asking people to cross only in crosswalks is unrealistic - people will drive around and around to find a parking spot they can wedge their piece of shit car into that's 5 spaces closer, just so they don't have to walk an extra 10 feet.

I like Alberta, they will stop and wave at you to cross in parking lots. In Ontario, I am lucky if I'm not killed by someone doing 50 km/hr in a parking lot, drunk AND texting.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

What's the point in owning a nice car in Canada anymore? The roads are literally full of potholes big enough to damage your tires, rims and front end. Literally drives me insane (haha, pun intended). Does all the tax money get wasted on other things? What about the money we pay directly for vehicle registration and licensing? You would think that would help fund fixing up the road networks. Brutal.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

internet thats screwing up. apparently cuz of the fires the shaw internet isnt working too well at the moment and TV is out. im not at my place because i use telus and had no interruptions so far but irritating i cant use fb anymore but this site works fine lol. so back to posting lots tonight for me. i lost the drive to post lots today with everything going on here but im going full throttle lol

Dobber Sports Veteran

My girlfriend never rinses her glass out after she drinks milk.

I'm sure it pales in comparison to the dozens of things I do that drive her nuts, but still....

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFlash View Post

I'm sure it pales in comparison to the dozens of things I do that drive her nuts, but still....
    Hey man, if it irks you, then it goes in this thread. No judging!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    What's the point in owning a nice car in Canada anymore? The roads are literally full of potholes big enough to damage your tires, rims and front end. Literally drives me insane (haha, pun intended). Does all the tax money get wasted on other things? What about the money we pay directly for vehicle registration and licensing? You would think that would help fund fixing up the road networks. Brutal.
    It was a bad winter for potholes with freezing and thawing happening every week it seemed. Ottawa is spending a bunch on it apparently
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...tawa-1.4129473

Hamilton was pretty bad the last few yrs, but has gotten better. Burlington St was considered top 5 worst roads in Canada for a while, but they completely redid the road for the major bad portions (I think even new concrete below the asphalt). Takes time, and it’s usually has to get super bad, so it’s bad and gets addressed in meetings, then gets pushed back while the roads get worse. Paperwork and gov’t.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    It was a bad winter for potholes with freezing and thawing happening every week it seemed. Ottawa is spending a bunch on it apparently
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...tawa-1.4129473

Hamilton was pretty bad the last few yrs, but has gotten better. Burlington St was considered top 5 worst roads in Canada for a while, but they completely redid the road for the major bad portions (I think even new concrete below the asphalt). Takes time, and it’s usually has to get super bad, so it’s bad and gets addressed in meetings, then gets pushed back while the roads get worse. Paperwork and gov’t.
    It was just rated #1 I believe....and didn't they change the name of half of it to Nikola Tesla Blvd? (which funny enough driving past that led me to my most random thread ever.....Great Movies you've forgotten about....because Tesla is in the Prestige)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    It was just rated #1 I believe....and didn't they change the name of half of it to Nikola Tesla Blvd? (which funny enough driving past that led me to my most random thread ever.....Great Movies you've forgotten about....because Tesla is in the Prestige)
    2016 Burlington St was #6. https://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...ticle30170776/ but that's after a large portion was redone.

The overpass is Tesla now and the road on the ground is Burlington St. It cost $180,000 to rename the road, but it was raised money and none from taxes at least. The reason why the name was changed was just to honour Tesla.... which was odd to me http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilt...esla-1.3654375

Dobber Sports Titan

So I was at a friend’s cottage this weekend and her on-again-off-again BF that only she likes was there. To each his own, but our group of friends just don’t enjoy him. He’s not abusive or anything bad, he’s just super opinionated and honestly he just comes across as not very smart….so opinionated and not all there to me is a tough combo to like.

So we know him so we are being friendly (in my eyes at least, but I did just call him dumb above…) and he starts making jokes about abortions, and we just all stop and go, “um yeah prolly shouldn’t joke about such a heavy subject Dan.” And he continues and laughs but no one laughs. His GF had to pull him aside and tell him that it’s not a subject to laugh about, like some other taboo subjects. But he continues. One of the other girls there just gets up and leaves the table to remove herself from the situation and he just honestly doesn’t get why she left, because he was just “joking around”.

I get irked at people who aren’t open to both sides of whatever their side is on a subject. Obviously to a point (murder = bad in 99.99999% cases), pointless rant finito.

Dobber Sports Giant

So I was at a friend?s cottage this weekend and her on-again-off-again BF that only she likes was there. To each his own, but our group of friends just don?t enjoy him. He?s not abusive or anything bad, he?s just super opinionated and honestly he just comes across as not very smart?.so opinionated and not all there to me is a tough combo to like.

So we know him so we are being friendly (in my eyes at least, but I did just call him dumb above?) and he starts making jokes about abortions, and we just all stop and go, ?um yeah prolly shouldn?t joke about such a heavy subject Dan.? And he continues and laughs but no one laughs. His GF had to pull him aside and tell him that it?s not a subject to laugh about, like some other taboo subjects. But he continues. One of the other girls there just gets up and leaves the table to remove herself from the situation and he just honestly doesn?t get why she left, because he was just ?joking around?.

I get irked at people who aren?t open to both sides of whatever their side is on a subject. Obviously to a point (murder = bad in 99.99999% cases), pointless rant finito.
    Did the girl irk you or was it Douche-Dan?
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Monster

So I was at a friend’s cottage this weekend and her on-again-off-again BF that only she likes was there. To each his own, but our group of friends just don’t enjoy him. He’s not abusive or anything bad, he’s just super opinionated and honestly he just comes across as not very smart….so opinionated and not all there to me is a tough combo to like.

So we know him so we are being friendly (in my eyes at least, but I did just call him dumb above…) and he starts making jokes about abortions, and we just all stop and go, “um yeah prolly shouldn’t joke about such a heavy subject Dan.” And he continues and laughs but no one laughs. His GF had to pull him aside and tell him that it’s not a subject to laugh about, like some other taboo subjects. But he continues. One of the other girls there just gets up and leaves the table to remove herself from the situation and he just honestly doesn’t get why she left, because he was just “joking around”.

I get irked at people who aren’t open to both sides of whatever their side is on a subject. Obviously to a point (murder = bad in 99.99999% cases), pointless rant finito.
    man awkward situations are often the best.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Did the girl irk you or was it Douche-Dan?
    Dan.

Dobber Sports Giant

Dan.
    Ok good, that's what I figured

Imagine if that girl actually had to have an abortion at some point in her life! I guess it just comes down to needing to know your crowd before talking about certain topics or at the very least dropping it when you hear crickets chirping in the room!!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Ok good, that's what I figured

Imagine if that girl actually had to have an abortion at some point in her life! I guess it just comes down to needing to know your crowd before talking about certain topics or at the very least dropping it when you hear crickets chirping in the room!!
    It is all about knowing your audience... you don't bust out your best Jim Jefferies material in church.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFlash View Post

Thats what dishwashers are for.