Page 32 of 65 FirstFirst ... 22 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 42 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    It's coming true!

honestly at one point i figured the rat had won. Poison wasn't killing it so I was like a week away from assuming he was a demi-god sent here to tell me to stop playing hockey!
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I found it dead, so I got a shovel and picked it up and damn the SOB was heavy! The dick cost me a new pair of gloves (took the leather off the palms, just the palms), tape off my sticks (just the handle), holes all over my bag, my shin pads, elbow pads, and pants all had missing foam.

The exterminator said rats don't go "UP" normally, so no stairs and such. But it CLIMBED UP to get my dog food. The thing would have ruled rat countries if he put his mind to it, the guy was ridiculous. Imagine the legends if you were a rat of this special rat who ate poison and lived, and also could climb?!
    no kidding, don't they have tiny little legs? wtf

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    That is the worst when the trap doesn't strike a killing blow... just smashes their spine and intestines and leaves them suffering. I am sure the mouse appreciated the hockey stick at that point.

I've not seen a mouse at any of the other dozen or so places I've lived over the course of my life. Guess I've been lucky for the most part.
    am getting the carpet shampooed today, i imagine there was piss and god knows wat else all around there.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    no kidding, don't they have tiny little legs? wtf
    Short, but I've had rat in Vietnam to eat and their legs are quite meaty. So I think it's just not in their physical geometry where they can lift themselves up because their bodies are heavy too.

This thing was ridiculous. The more I talk about it, the more I feel like it should go on my resume to prove how determined I can be.

Dobber Sports Sage

So we're having a little BBQ today with a friend and his family. My wife buys all these goodies the day before and I can't eat any of them. She always buys too much and we always have leftovers. Plus, I always make sure to get a plate last and not eat whatever we might be running short of (which never happens). So I ate 3/4 of a pan of Rice Crispy treats instead.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    So we're having a little BBQ today with a friend and his family. My wife buys all these goodies the day before and I can't eat any of them. She always buys too much and we always have leftovers. Plus, I always make sure to get a plate last and not eat whatever we might be running short of (which never happens). So I ate 3/4 of a pan of Rice Crispy treats instead.
    My exGF would buy something she knew I liked as a distraction snack so I wouldn't eat any of the prepped food. Worked until I caught on and just ate the prepped stuff as a joke because I'm not a dog, I'm a human.

Maybe that's why she's an exGF and not a GF....

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Mmmmmmmmm! Love those things.

Dobber Sports Genius

Put a utility trailer up for sale yesterday and listed it for $650 - first response was from a guy offering $350 and "I'll pick it up tomorrow"....get real guy! 4 others stepped up today to buy and didn't come in at 50% off asking price. Some people are fools.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Put a utility trailer up for sale yesterday and listed it for $650 - first response was from a guy offering $350 and "I'll pick it up tomorrow"....get real guy! 4 others stepped up today to buy and didn't come in at 50% off asking price. Some people are fools.
    I'll give you $650 worth of rep!

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    That is annoying.

I hate it when someone agrees to a price, shows up, and tries to get you even lower. I was selling some poker chips in a nice case several years ago for $30 which was already a good deal. I meet him and he tries to get me to go to $20. I nearly told to stick it and I'd sell them to someone else but I just wanted to get rid of them. But I definitely wasn't going to go less than $30 and that's what he paid.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Monster

slow lineups in tim hortons. nothing more irritating

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    slow lineups in tim hortons. nothing more irritating
    Waiting in an emergency room with an injured spouse and two young (10 & 12 years) ones for 7 or so hours thinking about all those tax dollars that left our country when they maybe could have been redirected towards any number of better causes within our borders like maybe towards training more doctors. Probably more frustrating than irritating.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Waiting in an emergency room with an injured spouse and two young (10 & 12 years) ones for 7 or so hours thinking about all those tax dollars that left our country when they maybe could have been redirected towards any number of better causes within our borders like maybe towards training more doctors. Probably more frustrating than irritating.
    suddenly my problems dont seem so big. but yeah i can only imagine the feeling. had to wait in the doctors office for 45 minutes a week ago and it felt like 3 hours.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    back in 2013 my mom was clearly in her last days (6 weeks at hospital) but since its a hospitals mandate to cure people / send them home they were actually trying to get her to go and hit the physio room to exercise on the rare days during the last 6 weeks of her life that she had shown improvement .I honestly couldnt friggin believe it .

and fwiw , I dont pin any blame on any docs,nurses,physio team because they are just taking orders from above .

Dobber Sports Titan

One time I broke my collar bone and I went to the "urgent care" clinic and I knew it was broken no real rush when people around me could be worse than I am. But they were taking in kids with the sniffles before me (I got there before them too), a guy with a "weird looking bruise" as he called it on his arm, and guy with a cut on his finger where the bleeding was very controlled and likely didn't really need stitches and could have just stayed at home. He actually asked the nurse if I could go in front of him because I was turning green at that point lol.

But yeah, 4hrs waiting with a broken bone and seeing these lesser patients go in front of me. Then I'm called up and they look at my arm and say, "ok well we just shutdown the XRay machine so you either have to go to the hospital, or come back tmo". Oh I freaking lost it. And by it I mean my lunch on the floor and they turned the machine RIGHT back on. They asked me once I got some meds for pain and had me set why I hadn't asked to be seen sooner and I told them I was focusing on not puking and not moving because of the pain. They suggested I come with someone next time so they could. I just stared at the girl. Couldn't believe that answer. Glad they had to clean up my puke.