Page 24 of 65 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 34 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

While at sick kid's hospital Montreal, I'd like to thank whatever or whomever left a 4 ft long x 3 inch high scratch along the side of my chevy truck. From gas cap to rear tail light...baby is ok thanks, truck is a little worse for wear.

when trying to change or update your address on a website, but the address input bar won't accept or recognize your address so what you want shipped , won't be......useless....
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Immortal

This may have been said....but I run a ton of pools so always have people sending me Etransfers....

When people make NON OBVIOUS etransfer questions!!! You can literally make it "what is my last name?" Or something where the answer never changes! Of the thousands of transfer I have accepted here are some dumb ones....

1. (and the most common) "What was the password I gave you" - yes person sending me money....150+ people joined my pool and of course I want to scour through emails to find which answer you sent me.

2. "Who is your favorite team?" - Detroit? Red Wings? Wings? one particular time it ended up being "redwings".....which I would never think to guess because you don't spell it like that

3. "Who won the Super Bowl last year?" - I tried Ravens. Baltimore. Baltimoreravens. Turns out the guy had sent me money a year before when the Giants won....

Dobber Sports Master

have you ever left a really bad knot in your shoelaces while untying them and say to yourself ''ahh,I have all weekend to fix that problem''

then monday comes and your already 5 minutes behind schedule and need those shoes but you didnt untie the bad knot over the weekend ! - that was me today .

Dobber Sports Genius

Anything irking anyone lately?

1) news reporters reporting that 3-8 cm of snow will be a whopping amount....or tremendous or significant..yada yada to that effect. really?
    2) live news reporters at an event claiming that the place is packed, but you can count on one hand how many people are actually there.
    3) losing power at home - happened recently after a wind storm.
    4) 30km/h drivers in town and 80km/h drivers on roads still to this day irks me the most.
    5) gas prices creeping up again

- - - Updated - - -

Anything irking anyone lately?

1) news reporters reporting that 3-8 cm of snow will be a whopping amount....or tremendous or significant..yada yada to that effect. really?
    2) live news reporters at an event claiming that the place is packed, but you can count on one hand how many people are actually there.
    3) losing power at home - happened recently after a wind storm.
    4) 30km/h drivers in town and 80km/h drivers on roads still to this day irks me the most.
    5) gas prices creeping up again
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Icon

Kevin O'Leary
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Master

40kmph school zones that should only really be in place mon>>friday between 730 am >5 pm , otherwise lets have it at 50kmph

pedestrians that wear dark clothing at night/early morning .you sure have alot of faith in the aging populations ability to see you .

- - - Updated - - -

40kmph school zones that should only really be in place mon>>friday between 730 am >5 pm , otherwise lets have it at 50kmph

pedestrians that wear dark clothing at night/early morning .you sure have alot of faith in the aging populations ability to see you .

Dobber Sports Master

This CD of Mime Instrumentals appears to be blank....
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Master

one more ......
    ontario govt cuts the provincial portion charge of the HST tax on our hydro bills but I just got my natural gas bill with the new carbon tax ......

- - - Updated - - -

one more ......
    ontario govt cuts the provincial portion charge of the HST tax on our hydro bills but I just got my natural gas bill with the new carbon tax ......

Dobber Sports Titan

I know this is judging a situation without knowing it all BUT still irks me. When I go to a store (seems to happen a lot at the Beer Store) and see a car, parked across 2 massive handicapped spots, the car a massive Caddy, and an old man struggling to stand out of the car. How is this man/person still legally able to drive if he can’t park in a spot, or get out of the car? It’s safe to assume his reaction time would likely not be up to snuff. I think it’s flawed that once you get your G license, you don’t get tested again until your 75yrs old (I think), and it’s just a written test. It should be a driven test, and do it every 5yrs after a certain age. I’d be fine doing a test as a 26yr old to re-up my license.

Also, I don’t like it when people park too close to a stop sign. It just makes turning at that intersection more difficult than it needs to be, and it’s all because the driver doesn’t want to walk another 20ft.

- - - Updated - - -

I know this is judging a situation without knowing it all BUT still irks me. When I go to a store (seems to happen a lot at the Beer Store) and see a car, parked across 2 massive handicapped spots, the car a massive Caddy, and an old man struggling to stand out of the car. How is this man/person still legally able to drive if he can?t park in a spot, or get out of the car? It?s safe to assume his reaction time would likely not be up to snuff. I think it?s flawed that once you get your G license, you don?t get tested again until your 75yrs old (I think), and it?s just a written test. It should be a driven test, and do it every 5yrs after a certain age. I?d be fine doing a test as a 26yr old to re-up my license.

Also, I don?t like it when people park too close to a stop sign. It just makes turning at that intersection more difficult than it needs to be, and it?s all because the driver doesn?t want to walk another 20ft.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'm going to piss off 90% of the population... but I find it annoying that so many people pull forward into busy commercial parking lot spaces.
    Doesn't it make more sense to keep the front (& hence your natural peripheral vision) of your car/self looking towards the moving area of vehicles when you pull out?!?
    Back It In. Think Now, Not Later.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I'm going to piss off 90% of the population... but I find it annoying that so many people pull forward into busy commercial parking lot spaces.
    Doesn't it make more sense to keep the front (& hence your natural peripheral vision) of your car/self looking towards the moving area of vehicles when you pull out?!?
    Back It In. Think Now, Not Later.
    I love reversing into spots. It annoys me when people are up your behind when in a parking lot and you throw your signal on, drive past the spot to reverse in and they think you just passed the spot so they try and nudge in.

Actually when leaving like a mall or a store, and someone follows you to your car for your spot REALLY gets me. I just sit in the car and wait for them to leave me alone.

Dobber Sports Pro

Leaving dirty dishes in the sink, instead of putting them in the dishwasher. Smells great😁
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I love reversing into spots.
    Do you do this for any other reason than annoying people? I have often wondered why people back into spots?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Do you do this for any other reason than annoying people? I have often wondered why people back into spots?
    So when leaving I don?t hit someone when reversing. People tend to fly in parking lots, and a lot of people don?t look where they are walking.

What?s annoying about reversing into a spot vs having to wait for someone to reverse out of a spot? If you?re good at reversing in, the time difference is noting (and are you that upset over an extra 3s?) but the safety aspect is a big difference between the two.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Agree, if you're driving a large SUV or truck, it's a lot easier to pull out if you back it up the first time. Anytime, I drive my large truck, I almost have to back it up or else I'll be forced to park at the edge of the parking lot.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion