Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Cleavage.
    Especially at work.
    That really irks me.

And the frustrating conversations it induces between the women who don't want to be objectified (or make that claim, anyway), and the men who logically reply... "hey b#$%@, I didn't make you wear that slutty top and the see-through lulus."

Here's a thought, maybe don't dress like a whore as much, and perhaps you won't be objectified as much!
    Completely agreed.

Once I was rollerblading on a popular trail and I was fell right in front of this really smoking, hot girl. She was perturbed as she asked "are you alright?" because she knew I was checking her out which made me fall. Hey sweetie, don't wear a spandex tank top and short shorts and I won't be checking you out. Well, at least I won't be staring.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Cleavage.
    Especially at work.
    That really irks me.

And the frustrating conversations it induces between the women who don't want to be objectified (or make that claim, anyway), and the men who logically reply... "hey b#$%@, I didn't make you wear that slutty top and the see-through lulus."

Here's a thought, maybe don't dress like a whore as much, and perhaps you won't be objectified as much!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Completely agreed.

Once I was rollerblading on a popular trail and I was fell right in front of this really smoking, hot girl. She was perturbed as she asked "are you alright?" because she knew I was checking her out which made me fall. Hey sweetie, don't wear a spandex tank top and short shorts and I won't be checking you out. Well, at least I won't be staring.
    Hahaha! That's rich, you two have no self control so an entire segment of society has to adapt so that you don't have to put forth a little bit of effort at self-restraint.

I tell ya folks the greatest sitcom ever is the human race. I just can't help laughing, this is all so hilariously rediculous.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    Hahaha! That's rich, you two have no self control so an entire segment of society has to adapt
    This is the argument that always comes up with this topic, and it's beyond ridiculous.

Nobody is saying they have to stop (at least not that I'm aware of), or cover themselves up, or do anything to please anyone else. They are free to dress how they like, but they should know that everything we do causes a reaction and has a consequence. Same thing happens to a guy with a tattoo covered face, or a man wearing a bright yellow suit. People judge people based on how they look, and that's all there is to it. Even the people who cry about this stuff do it. The women who cry foul about this are akin to someone running down the street naked holding a sign that says "look at me", then getting upset when people stare. Attention seekers seeking even more attention if you ask me.

Dobber Sports Master

On a somewhat related note... why is it whenever you try not to look at something (say cleavage) you suddenly can't stop doing it. It's like if some says 'don't think about your tongue' and then that is all you can think about. Man, the human brain is weird.

Also, I hate when clients and other businesses call about specific files and they go through their whole intro and what they need and why... yet they never mention the name of the file so that I can look it up! Seriously, every freaking day this happens.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Wizard

If by "segment of society" you are referring to whores, then yes - they should adapt.

Self control is irrelevant. I'm a feminist, so I believe women are just as capable as men of knowing when something is inappropriate.
    If men were inclined to expose themselves at the office, I would speak up in the exact same way. It's certainly not because I secretly want them to teabag me!
    But, for whatever reason, I just haven't seen any testicles during all my years of employment. So I haven't had to get irked by that yet... thankfully.

If you want to be cliche and justify unnecessary cleavage with the "restraint" angle, be my guest.
    That sort of argument is always used to try shifting the accountability to men. Yawn.

There's absolutely nothing ridiculous about expecting people to exercise proper judgment and common sense.
    Is "adapting" to that kind of expectation really such a burden?
    It swings both ways. Sure some women take it too far in inappropriate situations, but all too often men get overheated at the sight of some skin and lose all focus, and then shift the blame instead of looking at themselves and their lack of control. But that sort of thing extends beyond just male-female interactions and happens in other arenas. People who are uncomfortable with another who's different from them and expect others to move away, stay away, or somehow fundamentally change who there are or how they express themselves just because someone else is uncomfortable with them or disapproving for their own reasons.

Dobber Sports Genius

Cleavage.
    Especially at work.
    That really irks me.
    And where do you work exactly? Guests allowed? Instantly thought of good 'ol Jim in this scene. Sometimes, honesty is the best policy.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Master

When you buy sushi and they give you enough ginger to sink a ship but only a raindrops worth of wasabi! AAARRGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Drivers who suddenly veer left prior to making a right turn, as if they were driving an eighteen-wheeler or something.

Ignorance and recklessness is a dangerous combination.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Drivers who suddenly veer left prior to making a right turn, as if they were driving an eighteen-wheeler or something.
    Haha, that's one of my pet peeves, too.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post

Ignorance and recklessness is a dangerous combination.
    Yes, I really don't get that one either. Can someone explain why drivers do this?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Well I don't know about the rest of you, but I have an incredible knack of picking the wrong line to join!

Whether it's at the Bank drive-thru,and the person in my line either does'nt have a pen or deposit slip.Then when finally done has to balance there checkbook before pulling away!

Or the betting line at the track,check-out line at a WalMart/grocery,Beer line at the game! I could go on and on,I'm the worst line picker! lol

A few more:

People who drive with thier Fog Lights on in perfectly clear weather!
    People who cruse in the passing lane just barely behind you,until you pass and then get right on your Ass!
    People entering the interstate at a slow rate of speed! After a long holiday in my motorhome,I learned why Big Rigs use the center lane!lol
    Bad parents, Bad pet owners,Bad sportsmanship!

Fun Thread,I'm getting my Ass kicked in Fantasy Playoff Football today and this thread brought me many laughs!

Cheers!
    10 Team Dynasty League Keep All

Skater Scoring- (G), (A), (+/-), (PIM), (PPG), (PPA), (SHP), (HIT), (BLK)

Goalies- (W),(L), (GAA), (SV%)

Centers:Matthews,Scheifele,MacKinnon,Kuznetsov,Mon ahan,Couture,Nylander,Hischier,Byfield

Wingers: Giroux,Laine,Couture, Landeskog,Teravainen,Pastrnak,Draisaitl,Gaudreau,R antanen,DeBrincat,C.KellerT.Konecny,Tolvanen

D:, Barrie, Ekblad, Klingberg,Q.Hughes, Gustafsson, Grezelcyk, BoQvist

G Holtby, F.Andersen , A Vasilevskiy , Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Oh,and I've "had it up to here" with "Political Correctness"

But that's probably better suited for another Thread!

Cheers!
    10 Team Dynasty League Keep All

Skater Scoring- (G), (A), (+/-), (PIM), (PPG), (PPA), (SHP), (HIT), (BLK)

Goalies- (W),(L), (GAA), (SV%)

Centers:Matthews,Scheifele,MacKinnon,Kuznetsov,Mon ahan,Couture,Nylander,Hischier,Byfield

Wingers: Giroux,Laine,Couture, Landeskog,Teravainen,Pastrnak,Draisaitl,Gaudreau,R antanen,DeBrincat,C.KellerT.Konecny,Tolvanen

D:, Barrie, Ekblad, Klingberg,Q.Hughes, Gustafsson, Grezelcyk, BoQvist

G Holtby, F.Andersen , A Vasilevskiy , Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Master

snow plow leaving more snow on my side of the street than opposite side for the past 10 years .

theres 3 less houses on the other side to boot so you'd think he'd want to piss off less people.

by the time march rolls around , the snowbanks on my side are twice the height as other side

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Yes, I really don't get that one either. Can someone explain why drivers do this?
    My guess is because they never learned how to properly make a right turn and kept hitting their rear tires on the curb (because they were executing the turn too soon). They're misdiagnosing the problem with their driving.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Titan

Only child syndrome.

My GF has it and I freaking hate it. I’m trying to get her out of this, “I get what I want” mentality and it’s ridiculous sometimes. I wanted to see one movie and she wanted to see the another. She through kind of a hissy fit when I told her we picked her movie the last couple of times and we’re going to be fair and pick mine next. She went on to say she’ll go with her mom instead if I don’t want to hangout with her and what not. I said I do want to go out with you, you just need to realize this isn’t all about you and we get to do some things I want to do. The next day she said we’ll see my movie.

Turns out when I talked to her mom (her parents live across from me actually) her mom told her to smarten up lol. Which I was surprised at because her mom gives her anything she wants.

But ya, OCS is a bitch to reverse. But I’m slowly reversing it. A lot of it is them just assuming you’ll change what you want to do to what they want to do, and it’s just what they’re used to.

Disclaimer, not all only children are like this.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll