Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    1. people who spoil things shows or movies.
    2. at a 4 way stop when the other driver clearly stops first.....yet still waives you ahead. People argue that it's nice of them....but it;s illogical. Half the time I'm not even looking.....why would I be
    I agree with this. Everytime someone does that to me I utter profanities. Come to think of it I utter profanities everytime I drive. Another thing that bothers me when I drive is when Im going right at the speed limit and someone is coming fast behind you and decides to ride your bumper basically. Why not just drive speed limit and give a safe driving distance because it makes it dangerous at the same time because if something happens in front of you and you slam on your brakes the guy behind you wont have much time if any to react.

/rant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    People that always complain about how busy they are and come across like they think nobody else in the world has things to do.
    Umm, Eric...I'm right here. You could have just PM'd me, you know, if you weren't too busy. Jerk.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Umm, Eric...I'm right here. You could have just PM'd me, you know, if you weren't too busy. Jerk.
    I'll have to get back to you later... when I'm not as busy.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Forum members that lack an avatar.

You'd think after a couple thousand posts they'd figure out something...anything...to put in there.
    Full Keeper: 10 Team (300 drafted), H2H, Daily, Y!
    Roster: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 10Reserve, 1IR
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW
              W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backes, Toews, Couture, Scheifele, Horvat, Fabbri
    LW: Landeskog, Galchenyuk, Lucic, Palat
    RW: Kucherov, MacKinnon, Carter, Coyle, Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Klingberg, Josi, Shattenkirk, Ekman-Larsson, Phaneuf, Nurse, Ceci
    G: Holtby, Allen, Lack, Greiss, Enroth, Kuemper

2015 League Champion
    2016 League Champion

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Wrist_Shot View Post

You'd think after a couple thousand posts they'd figure out something...anything...to put in there.
    Maybe they like the anonymity! There should be a rule on this site that if by 1000 posts you don't have an avatar, the person who hit a milestone immediately before him gets to choose an avatar for the guy without one...and he HAS to keep it for like 500 posts or longer if he wants.

Dobber Sports Wizard

- Lazy people. And specifically that co-worker who when asked to do something very simple that only takes an extra minute or two says, that isn't my job. The f--- it isn't, you get a paycheck from the people asking you to do this task, it's your job if they say it is. I see this at work all the time. These very simple tasks, which literally would only take 2 minutes, tops, sends them off the deep end because you ask them to do a simple thing that they are right there in a position to do, and save others from having to drop what they're doing to take care of it. And then that sets off a snowball effect of delays just because your ass is in a hurry to get out the door or just can't be bothered to do any more than the absolute minimum required to get through the day. GAHHHH!!!!!!

- Impatience. Seriously. Whatever it is, it is still going to be there when you get there. Unless somebody just found an heretofore undiscovered Do-Do, it's not likely to disappear in the next hour or two. This one is kind of spawned by the upcoming Black Friday mayhem, chaos, and general pandelerium, but applies to soooo many things throughout our day-to-day lives. The instant gratification crowd...

And my absolute numero uno pet peeve....

- Intolerant people. Be it racism, sexism, homophobia, you name it. What does a person's skin color have to do with f'ing anything? Why should women have to accept being treated like they're objects, at best, instead of the wonderful human beings that they are? And please explain to me how two men, or two women, who want to marry each other, and ruin their lives, is going to be the m-----f------ undoing of civilization? I want to let loose with the loudest, most utterly savage primal scream at this shit. And all of the violence and verbal abuse that's unleashed on those who dare fall afoul of the self-appointed upholders of all that's righteous and proper in their eyes. Who feel it's their right and duty to mete out justice to set things right according to their world view. I know it's a slippery slope and I've got one foot on the downhill already by being so angry at these folks, but still is it so f'ing much to ask of the human race to just accept the person next to you as a fellow human being and not put any other qualifiers on them other than they treat those around them with love and respect. I know it's been this way since mankind was unleashed on this world and not likely to change, still doesn't mean I have to like it.

Sorry for being such a Buzz Killington on that last one. I know this was meant to be a bit of humorous way of venting about life's little annoyances. Some things just really get me wound up....and several drinks don't help matters....
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Administrator

But if there's only one notable person with no avatar then it pretty much becomes an avatar.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    But if there's only one notable person with no avatar then it pretty much becomes an avatar.
    That should be the goal...only one.
              W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

2015 League Champion
    2016 League Champion

Dobber Sports Master

That should be the goal...only one.
    Dibs.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Dibs.
    We insist. We're all liable to make the acquaintance of the local FBI special agents otherwise.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I agree with this. Everytime someone does that to me I utter profanities. Come to think of it I utter profanities everytime I drive. Another thing that bothers me when I drive is when Im going right at the speed limit and someone is coming fast behind you and decides to ride your bumper basically. Why not just drive speed limit and give a safe driving distance because it makes it dangerous at the same time because if something happens in front of you and you slam on your brakes the guy behind you wont have much time if any to react.
    /rant
    This happens to me wayyy too often. And I live in a rural area with LOTS of wildlife that can easily jump out at you.. I drive a shitty little car that is coming about time to replace, so next time you ride my ass in your big new truck, you better be paying attention.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Dibs.
    Haha...well played. Funny Loch cause I was just shaking my head earlier today about your avatar-less header next to that 6K post count.
              W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

2015 League Champion
    2016 League Champion

Dobber Sports Master

Motorcyclists that drive like wankers. Cyclists in general that drive like wankers. Actually... anyone that drives like a wanker.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Motorcyclists that drive like wankers. Cyclists in general that drive like wankers. Actually... anyone that drives like a wanker.
    But do you like wankers?

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    - Lazy people. And specifically that co-worker who when asked to do something very simple that only takes an extra minute or two says, that isn't my job. The f--- it isn't, you get a paycheck from the people asking you to do this task, it's your job if they say it is. I see this at work all the time. These very simple tasks, which literally would only take 2 minutes, tops, sends them off the deep end because you ask them to do a simple thing that they are right there in a position to do, and save others from having to drop what they're doing to take care of it. And then that sets off a snowball effect of delays just because your ass is in a hurry to get out the door or just can't be bothered to do any more than the absolute minimum required to get through the day. GAHHHH!!!!!!

- Impatience. Seriously. Whatever it is, it is still going to be there when you get there. Unless somebody just found an heretofore undiscovered Do-Do, it's not likely to disappear in the next hour or two. This one is kind of spawned by the upcoming Black Friday mayhem, chaos, and general pandelerium, but applies to soooo many things throughout our day-to-day lives. The instant gratification crowd...

And my absolute numero uno pet peeve....

- Intolerant people. Be it racism, sexism, homophobia, you name it. What does a person's skin color have to do with f'ing anything? Why should women have to accept being treated like they're objects, at best, instead of the wonderful human beings that they are? And please explain to me how two men, or two women, who want to marry each other, and ruin their lives, is going to be the m-----f------ undoing of civilization? I want to let loose with the loudest, most utterly savage primal scream at this shit. And all of the violence and verbal abuse that's unleashed on those who dare fall afoul of the self-appointed upholders of all that's righteous and proper in their eyes. Who feel it's their right and duty to mete out justice to set things right according to their world view. I know it's a slippery slope and I've got one foot on the downhill already by being so angry at these folks, but still is it so f'ing much to ask of the human race to just accept the person next to you as a fellow human being and not put any other qualifiers on them other than they treat those around them with love and respect. I know it's been this way since mankind was unleashed on this world and not likely to change, still doesn't mean I have to like it.

Sorry for being such a Buzz Killington on that last one. I know this was meant to be a bit of humorous way of venting about life's little annoyances. Some things just really get me wound up....and several drinks don't help matters....
    My brother works for parks & rec and 90% of the unskilled, very well paid workers are just like that. Drives my brother nuts.