Page 41 of 65 FirstFirst ... 31 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 51 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Dude, calm yourself and look at this rationally. How is that different from the parking laziness you mentioned? THEY WANT THAT SPOT. They prefer it over the other spots.

Don't act like it's impossible to make coffee of that caliber yourself, and stop trying to convince yourself that your case is different. Waiting for a parking spot while somebody walks to their car is lazy. Drinking K-cups is lazy. Fast food restaurants are lazy.

I'm not going to calm down. When someone calls me a self-righteous hypocrite I take offense especially when you and I have a history. I wasn't the one who escalated this with name calling but I can easily go there. (I actually deleted some things that would have gotten me an infraction.)

It is all about the motivation. People wait for a spot to park instead of immediately parking farther away out of laziness. Sure, there are exceptions if someone has kids or if it's raining. There is context here. Conversely, I will sometimes choose getting restaurant coffee or a K Cup since it is a superior-tasting coffee to what I make at home. 95% of my coffee is brewed at home. It is all about what someone's motivation is. Waiting for a spot because you want to be closer is due to laziness. Me making a K Cup is out of preference. Plus, there are times when you only want 1 cup as opposed to a small pot of coffee.

You're right. I could absolutely make coffee at home that is as good, probably better, than what I get at a restaurant or in a K -Cup. The reason I don't is because I drink A LOT of coffee so it would get rather expensive to order premium beans, get a conical grinder, have an upscale coffee maker with a charcoal filter- I know how to do it and what it takes. But I prefer to drink my Folger's Black Silk as my everyday coffee and then get something better every once in a while. It works for me. As an analogy, when I drank vodka I drank Smirnoff at home. Sure, Ketel One and Stoli were better and those were what I drank when I went out but I always drank Smirnoff at home since it was decent and cost about half the price. I drink Crown Royal now and not as much so I am not looking for a cheaper alternative.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Great One

You know what's crazy.

Smirnoff is only $1 cheaper than Stoli in the 750mL bottle in Ontario.

You would be an idiot to buy Smirnoff over Stoli as those prices!

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    You know what's crazy.

Smirnoff is only $1 cheaper than Stoli in the 750mL bottle in Ontario.

You would be an idiot to buy Smirnoff over Stoli as those prices!
    $11 vs $19 here

I actually thought it was a bigger difference than that.
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

When people try to get on the elevator before I get off, as if it's going to leave without them.

Dobber Sports Superstar

In Microsoft outlook the "attach file" button is way too close to the "send" button.

I've mis-clicked and sent way too many important emails without attachments because of this. Makes you look like an idiot when you write "attached is..." and forget to attach same.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports All-Star

I hope you mean the people behind you.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    In Microsoft outlook the "attach file" button is way too close to the "send" button.

I've mis-clicked and sent way too many important emails without attachments because of this. Makes you look like an idiot when you write "attached is..." and forget to attach same.
    I use Gmail for my personal email and Thunderbird for my work email. Both of these prompt you with "Did you mean to attach a file?" or something to that effect if you click send on an email in which you reference "attached is" or something like that in the body of the email. It has saved me many times from making the same mistake you referenced above. I am surprised that Outlook does not have this feature. Maybe it does and you need to enable it in settings or something.

Dobber Sports All-Star

ICC ^ I hope you mean the people behind you.

Dobber Sports Monster

I don't mean to start WW3 with this comment but

When you buy McDonalds coffee and theres always a fingerprint stain right where you drink the coffee out of. I like Tim Hortons lids better because the mouth of the lid is a lot bigger so if someone touches around it there isn't a stain on it but McDonalds coffee tastes better imo.

... yes i know im lazy lol

Dobber Sports Genius

Anybody here have XM Canada radio under a family plan or more than one vehicle? Called XM this morning and low and behold, someone who doesn't speak much English picks up. Almost hung up right there. Given we are paying $20 a month for one van I asked for the best possible price for a second vehicle with XM and was given a price of $14.95 (ish). I know to try the "I'm cancelling" card and see where it goes, but I didn't try that this time around. In the end I declined. ~$17 per car per month is a tad high for me and really thought they'd better the price. And I HATE that fact that I couldn't hear her well and she came across as very robotic. Usually I have good success with XM Canada and its call hosts.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Getting on an elevator and it reeks so bad of pot that I worry about passing a drug test. Can't wait until it's legal...
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I get annoyed at people that always have to get the closest parking spot and will wait for someone to back out in order not to walk an extra 30 yards. It just strikes me as being lazy. I do wait a little longer to back out when someone is sitting there waiting for my spot.
    It amazes me how spiteful people can be. Going out of your way to make somebody else's day more annoying? I just don't understand that mentality....

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    It amazes me how spiteful people can be. Going out of your way to make somebody else's day more annoying? I just don't understand that mentality....
    I'm not going out of my way.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Anybody here have XM Canada radio under a family plan or more than one vehicle? Called XM this morning and low and behold, someone who doesn't speak much English picks up. Almost hung up right there. Given we are paying $20 a month for one van I asked for the best possible price for a second vehicle with XM and was given a price of $14.95 (ish). I know to try the "I'm cancelling" card and see where it goes, but I didn't try that this time around. In the end I declined. ~$17 per car per month is a tad high for me and really thought they'd better the price. And I HATE that fact that I couldn't hear her well and she came across as very robotic. Usually I have good success with XM Canada and its call hosts.
    I had a free subscription to XM with a new car purchase last year. Let the subscription expire. Now I get offers to sign back up, every few months, that are incredibly cheap. My brother-in-law says the same thing. If you can go a month or two without a subscription, my hunch is they will come back to you with an offer you can't refuse.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    I've been away from Canada a long time.... isn't radio free? Paying for radio seems crazy to me. Can't you just bluetooth from your phone to get any radio station you want and/or use your own music collection? Serious question, not trying to be a dick.