Thread: Recent Deals

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Recent Deals

I'm in a full on dynasty and in a matter of days have done a big flip of my squad. It's a H2H 7 x7 scoring is R/RBI/K/SB/AVG/OBP/SLG and W/L/QS/K/ERA/WHIP/SV

I dealt
    Cody Allen and Boxberger for Familia
    Familia then for Schwarber
    Rosenthal/Tomas/Soler for Cano/Donaldson
    Semien/McCullers for Cespedes

My team now looks like:

C: d'Arnaud
    1st: Abreu
    2nd: Cano
    SS: Crawford
    3rd: Donaldson
    OF: Betts
    OF: Harrison
    OF: Inciarte
    UT: Bryant
    Bench: Cespedes Burns Trumbo Paredes

SP: Harvey
    SP: Cole
    SP: Richards
    RP: Carlos Martinez
    RP: Empty
    P: Burnett
    P: Empty
    P: Empty

IR: Victor Martinez and Jose Fernandez

Minors: Correa Schwarber Oliveria Odor Gordon and Jorge Mateo for bats Urias Matz Severino and Kohl Stewart for arms.

I can stream starters and the only category I punt is SVs. Last year it was Perkins for me this year so far it's been Allen and now Box getting rocked and blowing up my weeks. I currently sit 7/12 with top 6 making playoffs. Thoughts?
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Recent Deals

I've never liked the idea of punting saves. Do you have a max innings limit? Since you're streaming starters, you'll get there quickly if you do. Oh sorry, I just saw H2H, so I assume there isn't.
    You could probably afford to go after a closer (more expensive) or holds guy (cheaper)....or maybe just a reliever that pitchers a bunch of innings, and could possibly get you a hold or save here or there...
    If you acquired a closer or two, they would obviously help saves, but would also help your era and whip, so they're not exactly a one-trick pony.

I'm not sure if this advice helps you or not.

Fantrax 18-Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G), 25/30
    Unlimited call-ups = 134 gms
    G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, W, GAA, S, SV%

C: Stamkos, Stepan, Little, T.J.
    W: Kessel, MaGranlund, Simmonds, Landeskog, Hall, Lucic, B.Ritchie, Burakovsky
    D: Gogo, Keith, Leddy, Dumba, Barrie, Forbert,
    G: Rask/Anderson/Mason
    B: Filppula/Hartman/Vrbata/Clendening

Farm: Chartier, Forsbacka Karlsson, Bowers, Chmelevski, Geekie, Gourde, AMorand, MShaw, Haapala, Merkley, Katchouk, Korshkov, Kovacs, Shinkaruk, Lindblom, O'Regan, Bear, Bengtsson, Jokiharju, Kylington, Paigin, Grzelcyk, Stanley, Vaakanainen, Koekkoek, Walman, Fitzpatrick, Berube, Pickard, Zhukov

Dobber Sports Padawan

We have a starts cap at 11, so this week I took 10 into today and made four pick ups to push me to 15. They day you hit 11 you cannot start anymore but you can hit 10 then theorectically start 8 that day. I'm just done with closers, and closers are owned by 4 to 5 teams primarily. There are 3 teams that own 5 primary closers.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    W Svs GAA Sv%

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
    We have a starts cap at 11, so this week I took 10 into today and made four pick ups to push me to 15. They day you hit 11 you cannot start anymore but you can hit 10 then theorectically start 8 that day. I'm just done with closers, and closers are owned by 4 to 5 teams primarily. There are 3 teams that own 5 primary closers.
    Ah, this makes sense. I do like how there's that loophole. Take advantage at the end of every hockey and baseball season on Yahoo!

Your bats seem ok...is there a category that you're lacking in? Can you sort your stats over the year to see, even though you're H2H every week maybe there's a category that doesn't stand out every week but is holding you down long-term.

Fantrax 18-Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G), 25/30
    Unlimited call-ups = 134 gms
    G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, W, GAA, S, SV%

C: Stamkos, Stepan, Little, T.J.
    W: Kessel, MaGranlund, Simmonds, Landeskog, Hall, Lucic, B.Ritchie, Burakovsky
    D: Gogo, Keith, Leddy, Dumba, Barrie, Forbert,
    G: Rask/Anderson/Mason
    B: Filppula/Hartman/Vrbata/Clendening

Farm: Chartier, Forsbacka Karlsson, Bowers, Chmelevski, Geekie, Gourde, AMorand, MShaw, Haapala, Merkley, Katchouk, Korshkov, Kovacs, Shinkaruk, Lindblom, O'Regan, Bear, Bengtsson, Jokiharju, Kylington, Paigin, Grzelcyk, Stanley, Vaakanainen, Koekkoek, Walman, Fitzpatrick, Berube, Pickard, Zhukov

Dobber Sports Titan

You bought low on Cano that’s for sure, but bought high on Donaldson (but somehow didn’t pay like anything). Cole, JF, Harvey, and CM will be an elite rotation for a few seasons. If you’re punting saves+holds, go after a starter that’s RP, SP. Rodon and wood are a few that come to mind that will be cheap. Martinez I think is done this season, but he’s a free slot on a roster with DL, but I suggest you try and use him to sweeten the pot in a trade. You need an upgrade at catcher. To have Trumbo (top 15 1B I think), and Cespedes on your bench tho has got to hurt. Consolidate your talent. I never have batters on the bench because at any time Trumbo could go yard even against a stud pitcher.

That team shouldn’t be 7/12, go back and see what categories you lost in and by how much, you may have to address punting saves. Cespedes+Trumbo would land a stud reliever.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Padawan

We don't have HLDs only Saves, young unproven talent like Rodon is pricey as all get out. Right now there are no buyers for Cespedes/Paredes/Trumbo which as soon as Abreu is back I'll drop Dumbo Trumbo. From what I've read Severino and Matz will be up 2nd half which I can slot Severino as a RP.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    W Svs GAA Sv%

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper