Thread: Jordan Zimmermann - worth targeting?

The Wolverine

Default Jordan Zimmermann - worth targeting?

What are your thoughts of Jordan Zimmermann so far and going forward? He's struggled to start the year but I'm not sure if it's just an early season slump or possibly something more concerning.

This is just a brainstorm, but have come up with the following potential offer in my 20 team, one-year roto with R,HR,RBI,SB,AVG,W,SV,K,ERA,WHIP.

My: Polanco, Niese
    His: Gose, J. Zimmermann

My OF (5 starting - LF/CF/RF/2OF): Harper, Heyward, J. Pederson, Polanco, K. Davis, Pillar
    My SP (5 starting slots): Samardzija, Carrasco, G. Gonzalez, T. Wood, Niese, T. Walker, Nelson (just picked up for spot start)

I’m 4th in the standings. My offense is strong and pitching underwhelming so far (as you can tell).
    He’s 18th in the standings. His pitching is a bit better than offense so far.

Not sure if it’s really a buy low as I’m giving up a solid Polanco. Niese may not have value even with a decent start to the season. Gose is bound to cool off but if he can hit reasonably well while playing most nights, then the steals and runs will continue. Of course, it depends what the other manager really wants but just looking for general thoughts on Zimmermann and the brainstormed offer. Is Zimmermann worth targeting? Thanks.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Jordan Zimmermann - worth targeting?

Yup he's a guy worth pursuing in a deal like that for a one year league. Zimmerman has a decent enough track record to turn his season around. I personally don't like him as a fantasy pitcher but considering the deal you have in mind, I think that's a fair get for you.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H Keep 5 G, A, PPP, FOW, SOG, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    C,C,LW,LW,RW,RW,F,F,D,D,D,D,G,G,BN,BN,BN,BN,BN,IR+ ,IR+
    Keepers:
    Makar, J. Hughes, T. Meier, K. Connor, Ovechkin

The Wolverine

Default Re: Jordan Zimmermann - worth targeting?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNugeCooge View Post
    Yup he's a guy worth pursuing in a deal like that for a one year league. Zimmerman has a decent enough track record to turn his season around. I personally don't like him as a fantasy pitcher but considering the deal you have in mind, I think that's a fair get for you.
    Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately Niese had a bit of a stinker today so might have to hold off on that thought for now. Unless Zimmermann has another poor outing, which could be concerning as well. I'll keep an eye on the situation.