Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: MMQB

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: MMQB

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Well. My first piece of advice is make sure any player projections fit the particular league you are in - much like you would in a hockey league. Is it a ten team or 14 team league? Dynasty, limited keeper or redraft? The most significant league difference is PPR or not? PPR significantly affects rankings for RBs, then WRs, then TEs in that order. Flex players would be the next significant impact.

These are great ideas...MarmotKing, I will address this issue in a future rant. I'll shoot you a pm when it's up. Hopefully it helps rather than confuses... Do you have a set draft date yet? Just want to make sure I have it up in time to help you prep. Let me know.

Thanks
    We don't have all the league settings and rules set up yet, but this is what I think it will look like:
    - draft first week of sept.
    - 10 team limited keeper
    - could be PPP
    - don't know about flex so far

I'll try to let you know more when I can.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Legend

Very nice piece, Bomm!!
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Deity

Good write up Bomm. Petty was one of my favorites in this years draft and I think the Jets got a steal at his draft position.

As far as ideas, you could always look at fantasy worthy IDP options. My keeper league uses them and we are looking at changing their values to make them more in line with offensive players, as far as value goes. Right now, most guys in my league dont pay much attention to them and there are always quality WW pieces available.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

I was thinking that you could also give your take on the rash of movements, either by trades or free agents by some pretty big name players this off-season. Guys like McCoy, Graham, Foles/Bradford, etc for trades. Guys like Murray, Spiller, Gore, Andre Johnson, Maclin, etc via FA.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Oh absolutely we'll get to that. Thanks, Axe!
    @SmittysRant

Don't sleep on Jay Ajayi. That and more late round gems in this week's RANT
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Titan

Good write up. Just because a RB goes outside of the first 3 rounds doesn’t mean he’s not good. Look at Alfred Morris, drafted 173rd (6th round). Just because I’m a skins fan I did the combine comparison between the two.
    Jay
    Ht Wt 40-yd dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert Broad BP
    6’0” 221lb 4.57 s 1.59 s 2.66 s 4.10 s 7.10 s 39 in 10 ft 1 in 19 reps
    Alfred
    Ht Wt 40-yd dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert Broad BP
    5’9⅞” 219lb 4.63 s 1.60 s 2.55 s 4.19 s 7.01 s 35½ in 9 ft 9 in 16 reps

I don’t like how much the combine numbers are used to influence the scouts draft picks. But if you play along, and keep guys that you know play well in the game, and had a bad combine, you’ll be able to get them late in the draft.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Padawan

Ajayi did not slip because of a poor combine. He dropped so low because medical reports said that his knee was practically bone on bone. Most teams appeared to have taken him off of their list and the Dolphins smartly scooped him up. If reports on his knee are true, they lost a 5th on a gamble. If he pans out, steal.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    Ajayi did not slip because of a poor combine. He dropped so low because medical reports said that his knee was practically bone on bone. Most teams appeared to have taken him off of their list and the Dolphins smartly scooped him up. If reports on his knee are true, they lost a 5th on a gamble. If he pans out, steal.
    Correct re Ajayi. I stated Cobb slip may have been due to his sub-standard 40 time.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Titan

Ya sorry those were separate thoughts. I was saying Jay had similar numbers to Morris. Even tho medically they aren’t the same, but if Jay can even mimic Morris (a fellow late round pick) a little, the Dolphins are laughing.

Then I commented on Cobb and teams playing along with “oh he had a bad combine” to lower his value so they can pick him in round 3 vs round 2 where they had him slotted prior to the combine. Like in fantasy hockey you talk down a player to lower his value to the league so you can snag him cheaper.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Padawan

thanks for clearing it up

This week I explore the notion that the running game is being devalued by the new 3WR base schemes, and traits to look for when preparing to scout for your RB1 foundation back. Enjoy...

http://football.dobbersports.com/Smi...rant-6-08-2015
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

Good read Bomm.

Even though in real football, the RB's may take a bit of a back seat, in fantasy circles the RB's still rule.

In my dynasty rookie draft that is coming up next month, you can bet top dollar that the RB's will once again be front and center in the first round.

The same for the 1 yr leagues. RB's always dominate the early picks. It's interesting the way we look at them in fantasy vs how they are perceived in real life.

Dobber Sports Star

Good read again Boom!

My dynasty draft strategy in this week's rant...
    http://football.dobbersports.com/
    @SmittysRant