Thread: Stamkos breaks the drought...

I...am your father.

Default Stamkos breaks the drought...

If he's back in the zone, look out!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Stamkos breaks the drought...

I liked him ice cold in this series... If it's the beginning, it won't be good for MTL.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by MarmotKing View Post
    I liked him ice cold in this series... If it's the beginning, it won't be good for MTL.
    Montreal's inept offense isn't good for Montreal.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

No question, he looks good tonight with 2 points so far. I have watched a lot of Lightning games this year, and to me he has looked tentative at times, and also like he is trying too hard to do everything himself. I think it may take a game like this to pull him out of the slight funk I think he is in. Hopefully, this is it.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Genius

And he's been dancing ever since. Looks like that goal took a 100lb weight off his back.

Dobber Sports Master

To paraphrase Will Ferrell in "Talladega Nights": Thank you, Baby Jesus. If Stamkos can fully break out of this slump, my playoff pool aspirations will take a substantially positive hit.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Sage

Was only a matter of time.

He and Kucherov were too quiet in round one. They were both going to break out of their funk sooner rather than later - seems that they are - at MTLs expense.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Ninja

Stamkos is clearly playing hurt. When he scored that goal tonight, he protected his left hand/wrist (fist bumped with off-hand down the line at the bench). Even on the bench, he is keeping the left glove on while taking the right off. I haven't paid close enough attention, but is he still taking the big slap shot or is he passing off? Definitely something is up here, which will explain his lack of scoring.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

He was due, he's way to talented to be held down for too long. 2-0 Tampa and Stamkos heating up!