Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: McDavid's effect on Hall, Eberle and RNH

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: McDavid's effect on Hall, Eberle and RNH

No one said anything about him having any final word that we should all listen too. It's simply what he said take it for what you will. It's no coincidence they started winning more once he was out of that locker room and let another rookie coach, coach.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by ds760 View Post
    No one said anything about him having any final word that we should all listen too. It's simply what he said take it for what you will. It's no coincidence they started winning more once he was out of that locker room and let another rookie coach, coach.
    I'm getting confused. It seems based on this statement that you may be suggesting that Eakins was far more the problem than Hall. If so... I do concur. I fully suspect that Hall is a type A personality that may need a little taming. But good on him. It's the coaches job to be able to Tame players and get them to buy into their programs. If a Player is " un-coachable ", I find that usually means that the coach in question, simply isn't equipped or capable of managing the player/team. Eakins was not equipped and I would go as far as to suggest that no one significant bought into his program.

Plus... the water incident between Hall and Eakins was a joke and demonstrated how much of a stiff, stick in the mud prima donna type personality Eakins himself was.

but no use looking back, I believe McDavid is the final youth ingredient for a turn around that must still include actual front office management and movement of existing assets to bring in more useful assets. That is what I want to see now... a little accountability and productivity from the front office.

Hall-RNH-Eberle-Drasitil, Yakupov and now McDavid

Hope the playoffs are ahead !

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ds760 View Post
    Within days of being fired! He went on to say the oilers will never be a winning team long as Hall is in that locker room and called him uncoachable. He also said Hall refused to play the game anyway but his own way and his attitude influences everyone in the room. No coincidence soon as hall was injured and out of that room the oilers started winning. Cut that cancer out and get a huge return on D and goal for him then watch this franchise start to turn it around.
    Could you provide some source material on this?
    Im a pretty avid Oilers fan, follow the going's on of the team on a daily basis, and this is the first time hearing this. I heard Eakin's interviews after and they werent very positive but never once heard him bash a specific player.
    Been a lot of negative talk about T.Hall in Oilers nation the last 3 months, but even the most avid Hall critic among the fans I interact with, would have shared this with me no?

I saw this quote of Eakins refuting such claims after he was fired;
    Departing head coach Eakins took big-time exception to that concept in his farewell press conference Tuesday.

“It was brought to my attention late (Monday) night about some things swirling around Taylor that really ate at me,” said Eakins.
    “If you want to talk directly about Taylor is you’ve looked at the coach and you’ve looked at the manager and now someone is trying to hang it on a player. And when you talk about the Edmonton Oilers, who is the first player that comes up?
    “Well, Taylor Hall. He’s a dynamic piece here.
    “My experience has been a short one with Taylor but what I see with this young man is an amazing amount of growth in a year.
    “I don’t know who Taylor was before I got here but I know who he is now before I came in last year. He’s matured. He’s going to continue to mature. And as he grows into a fine young man, he’s going to turn into a great, great hockey player."
    http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/12/1...becoming-great
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Ninja

I don't know anything about Hall, or the Oilers locker room, or the character of any of those kids, but from the outside, if I had to single someone out, I could totally see Hall being a shit disturber.

Sportsnet ran this series on the Oilers called Oil Change for 3 seasons, and I always thought Hall came across as immature and a bit of a douchebag on that show.

How long til mcdavid is named captain? I'll say one year.
    10 team pts-only keeper league - keep 10 plus 10 from past/present farm. No bench: entire active roster counts. Goalies: 2 pts/win + 3/shutout. 82 adds / year. NHL playoffs count for separate prize.

F: J Eichel, M Tkachuk, J Guentzel, E Pettersson, P Laine, R Thomas, C Kreider, M Boldy, J Kyrou, M Backlund, F Vatrano, N Niederreiter, R Rakell, M Marchment, M Domi
    D: A Fox, S Theodore, R Andersson, B Montour, S Durzi, D Keith
    G: F Andersen, S Knight, J Swayman
    IR: J Hughes, M Stone, M Grzelcyk, S Perunovich
    Farm: L Raymond, O Wahlstrom, S Skinner, C Addison, Y Chinakhov, J Perreault

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Chunkys_Choice View Post
    How long til mcdavid is named captain? I'll say one year.
    Two years I'd say. The number of years remaining of Ference's contract.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow136 View Post
    Two years I'd say. The number of years remaining of Ference's contract.
    Agreed. McD needs to earn his NHL Respect before he's simply handed the Captaincy. There's time...