Thread: McDavid's effect on Hall, Eberle and RNH

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: McDavid's effect on Hall, Eberle and RNH

When did Eakins say that? That's really unprofessional if he did
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Within days of being fired! He went on to say the oilers will never be a winning team long as Hall is in that locker room and called him uncoachable. He also said Hall refused to play the game anyway but his own way and his attitude influences everyone in the room. No coincidence soon as hall was injured and out of that room the oilers started winning. Cut that cancer out and get a huge return on D and goal for him then watch this franchise start to turn it around.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I find this quite amusing.
    McDavid will be an Oiler theres no doubt about that, will he change the face of the Edmonton Oilers.....of course.....Will it be instant? Probably not due to the fact there is no veteran presence at all in that locker room worthy of mentoring the kids that are there. This is the beginning of the proper rebuild for the Oilers due to the fact this is a generational talent....Edmontons own Tavares, Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin etc.

Every year yes there is the #1 overall pick but each years talent is very different. Imagine if the Oilers had the #7 pick in 2012 sand the #1 pick in 2013 rather then the other way around, thus bringing in Dumba or Trouba or Pouliot and Mackinnon rather then Yak and Nurse.....That would look fairly different most likely for the team.

Oilers have been a graveyard for rookies, rushing the talent into the NHL when they shouldn't only to have their development stunted, it makes no sense, BUT MacTavish now realizes you can't do that anymore and thus sent Draisaitl down to minors. That shows how Edmonton is starting to turn around what they've been doing in the past and properly beginning their rebuild that they should've done when they had their previous 1st overall picks. They messed up how they ran things, yes we all see that, did they ruin the careers of all those players? NO, all those players are still 24 or younger, its not like their careers are over and now that their management team is actually beginning to show some signs of common sense the Edmonton Oilers are not going to continue to be bottom dwellers for another 10 years or whatever people think as long as the management continues to do the right things as they are beginning to.

The Oilers future is basically being decided on what MacTavish does with the situation he is in with the abundance of FWD talent. If he fills the holes he needs say in D and G, Maybe trade Hall for quality D and sign Niemi (Just a thought) then pieces will start to roll well together and win some games. I get people are salty that the Oilers won another lottery but its not like its rigged, its just the way she goes and if you don't like it then go to McDonalds to satisfy the salt you will be dishing out.

As for McDavids effect on Edmonton's young guys........ he will help them, bring out a new light and motivation to play, 90 points for anyone? DOUBT IT this isn't NHL 15, 70 points for someone like Nuge or Eberle if their healthy is probably realistic if you insist on McDavid inflating numbers of the core. Theres my 2 cents, rant away if you disagree thats what a forum is for

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Couldn't their full potential be a disavantage in term of points? What i mean is look at Chicago Blackhawks. Kane Toews Sharp and Hossa always used to split the points among themselves. None of them will be able to reach out 100 points each, and all average between 60-70-75 pts at year end.

I see Oilers becoming similar, with McDavid and Hall Eberle RNH sharing the points and all only getting +/- 70 points.
    Keep 6 - 14 team H2H Yahoo - Categories: G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG FW HIT BLK / GS W GAA SV% SHO
    C: T.Thompson, Aho
    LW: B.Tkachuk, M. Tkachuk
    RW:
    D: Dahlin, Fox, Mcavoy
    G:

Dobber Sports Padawan

Everyone is going nuts about McJesus, but I'm not on the hype train yet. He could not have landed on a worst team than the Oilers, the mentality there is the worst, and no veteran presence to guide them.

I just don't see McDavid having a first prime season. 60 points would be the ultimate, and he'll likely start slowly on the second line.

Hamper your expectations accordingly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    Couldn't their full potential be a disavantage in term of points? What i mean is look at Chicago Blackhawks. Kane Toes Sharp and Hossa always used to split the points among themselves. None of them will be able to reach out 100 points each, and all average between 60-70-75 pts at year end.

I see Oilers becoming similar, with McDavid and Hall Eberle RNH sharing the points and all only getting =/- 70 points.
    This is the best case scenario now. I could not agree more.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    Yakupov and Schultz owner here....hope McD plays with Yak.....
    I frankly can't see them putting Yak with a rookie C, myself. I don't see Yak as a winner here, at least in the short term.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Avangard View Post
    Everyone is going nuts about McJesus, but I'm not on the hype train yet. He could not have landed on a worst team than the Oilers, the mentality there is the worst, and no veteran presence to guide them.
    Actually, if there's one thing that Todd Nelson changed in that dressing room in his short time as head coach, it was the overall mentality. They showed some decent steps of improvement during his short time as their coach and improved the overall attitude around the room. Their PP was one of the best in the league the 2nd half of the season and if not for some inconsistent goaltending, their record would have been a lot better than it actually was.

The Oilers are closer than you may think. Sure they are still missing a couple pieces, but adding a generational talent like McDavid is one big step forward. The mentality is already changing.

Go out and get a more consistent goalie for starters. I know they are hard to find, but surely there has to be something out there that's better than Scrivens.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by MJ Flex View Post
    I think they should onto RNH. Great 1-2 punch. McDavid/ Hall/ Eberle... RNH/ Yak/Purcell

Then sign UFA Mike Green
    Yup! Love this scenario! Fantasy and reality

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow136 View Post
    He's going to be their best player. He will take the team over instantly.
    Agreed. This is just the beginning!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by ds760 View Post
    Hall was called a cancer in the locker room by Eakins. Move Hall and you got a winner in the making as long as long as they get the right pieces back for Hall which they should.
    Lol... Cause Eakins has the final word we all should listen too.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think TM is onto something with the lack of veteran leadership/presence to guide McDavid.

Crosby had Lemieux. Stamkos was able to develop while Vinny/MSL shouldered the pressure. McDavid has none of that. He will be surrounded by a bunch of immature, jealous kids only a few years older than him. I'm sure at least one of those kids is a locker room cancer who will make life difficult for McDavid. On top of all that, the organization is led by a bunch of morons.

Edmonton ruins careers...

Dobber Sports Master

I can't believe I'm saying this... I also agree with TM.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Actually, if there's one thing that Todd Nelson changed in that dressing room in his short time as head coach, it was the overall mentality. They showed some decent steps of improvement during his short time as their coach and improved the overall attitude around the room. Their PP was one of the best in the league the 2nd half of the season and if not for some inconsistent goaltending, their record would have been a lot better than it actually was.

The Oilers are closer than you may think. Sure they are still missing a couple pieces, but adding a generational talent like McDavid is one big step forward. The mentality is already changing.

Go out and get a more consistent goalie for starters. I know they are hard to find, but surely there has to be something out there that's better than Scrivens.
    Maybe you're right Axeman, but I just don't buy yet the " McDavid generational talent " thing. Before him we did the same with Hall, Nuge, Yak and last year McKinnon was yet to be the next one.

Let's all take a deep breath here and have a wait and see approach for those young prospects yet to become legends. At least, that's what I'll do.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Avangard View Post
    Maybe you're right Axeman, but I just don't buy yet the " McDavid generational talent " thing. Before him we did the same with Hall, Nuge, Yak and last year McKinnon was yet to be the next one.

Let's all take a deep breath here and have a wait and see approach for those young prospects yet to become legends. At least, that's what I'll do.
    I think the biggest difference is that McDavid has been touted the "NEXT ONE" as you put it, since he was 15. The Hockey World has been watching this kid under a microscope for his entire 3 year Junior Career to date. The aforementioned all came on to the general population scouting in the final year to year + 1/2 of their Junior career's leading up to their Draft Class. Not very often when one of the other kids were being drafted were the general hockey fan base talking about subsequent Draft years. But for the last 2 years, McDavid's name has been mentioned over and over drawing focus away from the draft at hand and looking forward to the 2015 draft class.

There's definitely something different about McDavid and I'm buying the hype.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by ds760 View Post
    Within days of being fired! He went on to say the oilers will never be a winning team long as Hall is in that locker room and called him uncoachable. He also said Hall refused to play the game anyway but his own way and his attitude influences everyone in the room. No coincidence soon as hall was injured and out of that room the oilers started winning. Cut that cancer out and get a huge return on D and goal for him then watch this franchise start to turn it around.
    Do you have an actual quote on this? I searched for it but could only find an article from Dec. 16 where he is quoted as saying:

“My experience has been a short one with Taylor but what I see with this young man is an amazing amount of growth in a year.

“I don’t know who Taylor was before I got here but I know who he is now before I came in last year. He’s matured. He’s going to continue to mature. And as he grows into a fine young man, he’s going to turn into a great, great hockey player."

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I think TM is onto something with the lack of veteran leadership/presence to guide McDavid.

Crosby had Lemieux. Stamkos was able to develop while Vinny/MSL shouldered the pressure. McDavid has none of that. He will be surrounded by a bunch of immature, jealous kids only a few years older than him. I'm sure at least one of those kids is a locker room cancer who will make life difficult for McDavid. On top of all that, the organization is led by a bunch of morons.

Edmonton ruins careers...
    Agreed. This is kind of what I was getting at in my earlier post on this thread. He is just 18 after all and thats a big difference between him and Hall, RNH and Eberle. I don't know how they are going to feel about this kid coming in and taking over when thats what everyone was expecting of them.