Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: E Kane in Buffalo

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default E Kane in Buffalo

Looking for some early thoughts on Kane's multi cat productivity next year.
    16 Team Dynasty, Roto Auction Cap League, Farm and Prospect systems.
    G, A, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, DPts, BS, Hits, FOW, Pims, Majors, Shifts, Shootout goals,
    Saves, Wins, OT wins, Save%, GAA, S/O, Shootout Saves,

C: Matthews, Couture, Nelson, Hayes
    W: Draisaitl, Duclair, Hall, Fiala, Marchessault, Voracek, Jeannot, Clutterbuck
    D: Makar, Hronek, Nurse, Cernak, Klingberg, Roy
    G: Demko, Shesterkin, Vanacek
    Prospects: Stutzle, Byfield, Lundell, Brink, Dufour, Madden, Milano, Addison, Alexeyev, Bahl, Farrance, Lundkvist, L. Thompson, Fedotov

Administrator

Default Re: E Kane in Buffalo

Under this year's numbers in the league in my sig he was near the top of the league in terms of production per game. Needless to say, his multi-cat potential is huge.

Edit: Upon review in my league he finished third in the entire league in production per game. I think he's a pretty safe bet to continue having outstanding roto seasons. No reason why not.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Monster

Expect pretty much the same results as he had in Winnpieg with exception of if he plays with McEichel. If he is on that line then his points and his value get elevated. So to give a concrete answer here - his value will be higher in Buffalo for this reason.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by dmnx2 View Post
    Looking for some early thoughts on Kane's multi cat productivity next year.
    I think he'll be very much the same player, if not better. He's entering an organization that paid a lot to get him - he'll get top minutes. He's a SOG, hit and PIM machine, and with some prime opportunities he could also be a goal and PPP machine.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow136 View Post
    I think he'll be very much the same player, if not better. He's entering an organization that paid a lot to get him - he'll get top minutes. He's a SOG, hit and PIM machine, and with some prime opportunities he could also be a goal and PPP machine.
    I agree with this. His peripherals will continue to be great, and because of the hefty price paid, he'll get top minutes playing with either McDavid or Eichel, so his offense-per-game should improve, as well. I wouldn't expect a massive increase, though, because he's still likely to be injury prone, and he doesn't use his linemates very well. Regardless, he'll be a very strong asset in multi-cat leagues, as already mentioned.

Dobber Sports Star

30 goals 25 assists, pims, shots on goal, hits. hell, 55 points might be a bit conservative!

beast.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    30 goals 25 assists, pims, shots on goal, hits. hell, 55 points might be a bit conservative!

beast.
    I agree !
    10 teams Keeper league, ROTO, no Cap Hit. 27 players, keep 23.
    Roster Positions: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 2F, 5D, Util, 2G, 10IR+

Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, PPA, SOG, Hits
    G Stat Categories: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

2014-15 Champion.

C : Backstrom, Tavares, Nelson, Nielsen, Bonino
    LW : Ovechkin, Giroux, Steen, J.Bailey, Killorn
    RW : Malkin, Stamkos, Jaskin, Voracek, Seguin, Okposo
    D : Weber, Hedman, Karlsson, Yandle, Hamonic, Severson, DeAngelo
    G : Rinne, MAF, Anderson
    IR :E.Kane, B.Connolly, Buff

Dobber Sports Wizard

His potential is big and it's very tempting to conclude he'd be playing with McEichel BUT there are no guarantees of course. He is a band-aid boy so there is that to consider. Also, in leagues that count +/-, he will hurt you. This is just to give you the other side of the coin as I know most will be salivating at his multi-cat potential.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Guru

I think there's a good chance he'll be a great buy-low in December.
    Assuming he lines up with McEichel, it might take some time for the new guy to adjust to the NHL and the line to click - plus, he's coming back from injury.
    He's a guy I can see being underwhelming initially as the team figures itself out.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow136 View Post
    Could not agree more with all of that. Health always was and will be the only issue w/Kane.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports All-Star

It does basically come down to his health. If he can stay healthy, I believe he can get 35-40 goals. He's a shooter.

Dobber Sports Monster

Heck, even put aside the pedigree, just the fact that he's in a new situation, city, etc etc is a boost for him I think. Certaintly, the talent and linemates etc takes effect, but mentally with a fresh start will get him some more jump in his game. I think he flourishes in Buffalo as the team builds.

I really believe his SOG stat especially will be off the charts from the start. It's always good, obviously, but until the young guns gain more TOI, and the chemistry develops w/his line mates, I think his SOG will be unusually high even by Kane's standards.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Stud

I agree with the majority of the posts above stating he'll improve in Buffalo but don't expect anything out of this world.

I've always thought the best way to look at players who get dealt to potentially better situations, get a new coach, enter a possible breakout year (4th ish), etc. is to look at their previous years as a base rate. The base rate is what you would expect if NO changes occurred. Next, judge the potency of the new factors that will be present in the upcoming season. (In Kane's case: new team with a new coach, a bump up the depth chart, possibly playing with McDavid or Eichel, starting a season 100% injury free, something to prove in a fresh start in a career that has been somewhat underwhelming.) Then budge up (or down) from your base rate.

So for Kane I see his Hits and SOG bumping up a bit due to starting injury free.
    I see his points increasing a bit due to better linemates (he often played 3rd line in WPG) and being higher up the depth chart (yes, BUF did pay a lot for him so they better use him).

Of course there is a chance he's the next Bobby Ryan, but I think that is more the exception than the rule.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

He's going to want to come out and prove himself next season.. He doesn't seem like the guy that doesn't want to be in the spotlight.. And Buffalo is going to give him everything he needs to succeed.. His future is going to be really bright if he can click with his teammates..

Yes he's arrogant, conceded, etc, etc.. But he has some major skills when healthy..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..