Thread: Connor mcdavid

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Connor mcdavid

I've earned 1st overall pick in a dynasty league. 13 team 45 players per team( yup were REAL deep!). Anyways, contemplating trading him so I can be in full compete next year, what top players could ask for?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Connor mcdavid

Is this a cap league? If it is I think I would just be holding onto McDavid. If you insist on trading him I'd be trying to get a Tavares or Seguin type player and if you cant then just keep McDavid. You could be regretting trading him within a couple years.

Dobber Sports Giant

with the hype on mcdavid ive thought that this could be the piece to trade to compleatly rebuild. i know trading the best prospect to rebuild sounds crazy but im thinking for example; a bottom team gets crosby for free is still a pretty bad team. if he gets a stone, hall, lee,yakupov, with a gaborik/datsyuk/iginla type older guy i think he'd be ahead.
    i think this kind of trade could go through. no?
    obviously it would depend on the league settings but i really think this is the guy to cash in on.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    with the hype on mcdavid ive thought that this could be the piece to trade to compleatly rebuild. i know trading the best prospect to rebuild sounds crazy but im thinking for example; a bottom team gets crosby for free is still a pretty bad team. if he gets a stone, hall, lee,yakupov, with a gaborik/datsyuk/iginla type older guy i think he'd be ahead.
    i think this kind of trade could go through. no?
    obviously it would depend on the league settings but i really think this is the guy to cash in on.
    I wouldn't trade him, but if this is what you want to do then kevinsrangers is on the right track. That price sounds about right.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

As another GM w/the first overall in a dynasty league (12 teams x 24 players), and moving into what will be the second year of a complete rebuild I am of the belief no one GM will give up what I perceive to be fair value. One GM's opening salvo was "pick any two players + my draft. Outside of his good (but not elite) prospects his top two are Perry and Yandle. Tempting but not really...and all those extra picks are more bells and whistles than anything of substance for me only having 3 maybe 4 roster spots available.

I think a lot depends on your league set-up and the other GM's perceived risk/reward of obtaining McD. Unless someone bangs on your door, I wouldn't go chasing for it. I'm hanging on to my pick; looking forward to adding him to Stone, Monahan, Evander Kane, Bjugstad Ehlers et al.

One stud player alone won't win you a championship, but if you do your homework, draft and trade properly, he can win you many many many championships.

What really interests me is how much I can get to move down to the second overall and draft Eichel. That's a really intriguing notion to me.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ace

Being in that deep of a league I think you have to hold onto him unless you get a ridiculous return (I'd say you need a younger type stud a la tank/seguin/Benn etc) to even contemplate it.

Dobber Sports Icon

What really interests me is how much I can get to move down to the second overall and draft Eichel. That's a really intriguing notion to me.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I would be thinking as well. While McDavid is the no doubt first choice right now, there's a chance that Eichel quickly becomes the better NHL player. He dominated a league of 18 - 24 year olds while being only 19. The last person to dominate the NCAA at such a young age was Paul Kariya and that was 20+ years ago when the NCAA was not as good as it is today. The sky is the limit for both of these guys so if a team can pick up a few high end assets to move from 1 to 2, it would likely be worth it.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Don't fool yourself , I don't think Eichel will be close to McDavid . You'd need ie . Tavares or Malkin or Seguin + Eichel to make me think about letting McDavid go ...
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by poolsharks View Post
    Don't fool yourself , I don't think Eichel will be close to McDavid . You'd need ie . Tavares or Malkin or Seguin + Eichel to make me think about letting McDavid go ...
    Holy Jesus ... McDavid seems to be ... there will be a lot of disappointed fantasy owners this coming season.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.