Thread: In Dire Need of 1b Help... To all you Baseball Crystal Ball Holders

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default In Dire Need of 1b Help... To all you Baseball Crystal Ball Holders

This is a 20 team (YES...20 TEAM) KEEP ALL (no farm) league.

I just picked up C/1b Francisco Cervelli to back up Salvador Perez at C and Mitch Moreland at 1b. But I fear Moreland and Cervelli will kill me at that 1b position.

Some FA's available are:
    1b/2b/3b - Alberto Callaspo
    1b - Yonder Alonso
    1b - Mark Reynolds
    1b/2b - Kelly Johnson
    1b/OF - Nick Swisher
    1b/LF/RF - Daniel Nava
    1b/RF - Garrett Jones

Or is there a sleeper out there that is not listed and COULD be available in such a deep league?

Thanks guys

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: In Dire Need of 1b Help... To all you Baseball Crystal Ball Holders

Lamb is supposed to get 1B starts to rest Gold, and I see that happening when Tomas is back. Tomas will be a OF regular, but when Gold rests, he’ll switch to 3B and Lamb to 1B. Maybe he’s available? He shouldn’t be available for too much longer after the 2 good games he’s had.

Vogt is prolly not available, but I like him (c,1B, OF) so that’s a solid mix of positions
    Morse
    Teixeira is at least a familiar name
    Utility man Brock Holt (every position minus catcher)
    You can pick up Swisher, DL, then pick up another player. This is what I would do because he’s prolly only going to miss 15 days really. He had surgery on both knees, so it’ll be a hailmary if he does anything.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thanks 2014OG, I totally missed the boat on Lamb (See Jack Lamb thread... argh.) oh well. He was snapped up about 5 or 6 days ago.

All but Swisher are gone. But I like your idea about a Hail Mary with Swisher. I'd like to drop Moreland for Swisher and then pick up another (maybe re-acquire Moreland after he clears waivers...if he does).

Dobber Sports Titan

I was a part of the Lamb dissing lol. I wasn’t sold on him and just with how much the D-Backs are paying Tomas and the star at 1st lead me to believe Lamb would be a bench warmer a fair bit.

But the Swisher one is something I’d do before picking anyone up. It’s a free position and most baseball leagues don’t have a season long pickup restriction, just week-to-week. Always look for injured guys when adding a player in baseball. Cain from SF is a young SP that just went on the 15-DL that would be someone else I might pick up then DL if he’s available.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Agreed. I dropped Mitch Moreland and picked up Swisher. Ofcourse I already have JJ Hardy and Smyly on the DL, so I've shifted Swisher to the DL and pulled Hardy off...sounds like he may be closer than Swisher. I'll make due with Cerevelli in the mean time.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Re: Lamb Let this be a lesson. Never think you can predict what the Diamondbacks are doing. They are a gong show.

Is Allen Craig available? Anyone you add is going to be a hope and a wish, but at least he has some previous track record, and he's only 30. I'm guessing he's owned.

2010, 2014, & 2024 WJC Pool Champion, 2020 Runner-Up

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Nope...Craig is gone.

I've been offered Prado for my Lindor straight up. I know Prado isn't 1b but he is 3b and Dual OF eligible which may allow me to move one of my big 3 Colorado OF for a 1b.

Man... the guy in inherited this team from must have really been a Rockies fan. I hate trying to make something out of other people's poor management.

But I'd say a multi-eligible IF/OF who has a fairly proven track record and is being leaned on heavily for 3b and lower heart of the order bats is a step in the right direction. (he's only 30 I think)