Thread: Started Mike Smith Tonight

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Started Mike Smith Tonight

In one of my Yahoo leagues, I am on pace for -18 GP for goaltenders and decided to start Mike Smith in desperation tonight. While he didn't get the W, it could have gone worse. I could use the 33 saves, 1.02 GAA and 0.971 SV% added to my totals!

Starting Mike Smith this season is like having unprotected sex with a crazy woman. You just never know what you are in for.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Great One

Default Re: Started Mike Smith Tonight

Lol- stick tap on the start and the crazy woman sex reference...

Dobber Sports Wizard

I don't know about you guys, but my experience with crazy women, sex/no-sex, protected/un-protected, after a big enough sample size you know exactly what your going to get....and it ain't for the faint of heart.

But you are right Comish, starting Mike Smith this season is just like that. +1 for having the stones to go through with it, even if it was desperate shag in a leaky canoe sort of thing.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Padawan

Smith played very well against the Canucks on Thursday (32 saves in a 3-2 win), so maybe it wasn't quite as crazy as, well, you know. Still, I'm not buying in, since the Coyotes are in full tank mode now. But maybe the Coyotes are actually better defensively now that they are sans Yandle.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Living up to the Archer avatar with that comment Commish
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko