Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shadow of Mordor - Game Review

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Shadow of Mordor - Game Review

Surprised to hear that it was easy for you, bondon. I'd heard it was a really difficult game. I tend to play the way you do, though, sometimes over-leveling, so to speak. I enjoy it when I'm overpowered as a result, though. To hear that it can be made easier by putting in some extra time early makes me want to give this one a shot at some point.

I'm just delving into Bloodborne. Now there's a hard game...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    I bought the game on Sunday and have spent several hours on it so far. It's kinda repetitive but I just got the "Branded" skills and you are right it's just so much fun to go full stealth, brand everyone and then watch the chaos.

I made the same thing as you, did a lot of side quest and the main mission were relatively easy. The "Black Captain" fight was a joke because I already had the skills where executions only take a 5x hit streak. Anywho, it's a great game, I'm loving
    it so far.
    Yeah, once you get that skill along with the vault stun, and the two execution moves instead of one every time you hit a streak, it basically puts the game on easy mode. taking on a bunch of people was just a routine of vault stunning one guy, and hitting him until his head exploded with the occasional parry against guys who try to hit you from the sides/behind

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Surprised to hear that it was easy for you, bondon. I'd heard it was a really difficult game. I tend to play the way you do, though, sometimes over-leveling, so to speak. I enjoy it when I'm overpowered as a result, though. To hear that it can be made easier by putting in some extra time early makes me want to give this one a shot at some point.

I'm just delving into Bloodborne. Now there's a hard game...
    I think you would see what I mean when you eventually get around to it. I think the problem that people might have had is they tried to do too much too early, and died too many times as a result. If that happens I can see how the game would be tough as in the early stages of the game the captains are pretty difficult to beat, and adding in the nemesis system it only gets harder from there if you keep dying. There comes a breaking point there where you just become so OP that you're able to take on like 3 or 4 captains with relative ease.

Let me know how Bloodborne is. I'm looking for other games to try.

Dobber Sports Star

Glad you guys enjoyed it. Honestly, once I really had a feel for it, it was pretty simple. One of the toughest battles I had, was just a random boss who had Invulnerable to Stealth, Invulnerable to Ranged, Combat Master and Vault Breaker. I was like "how am I gonna kill this guy?" Can't stealth or ranged him down, and he won't let me vault him and my combat finishers are no good against him... In the end, it took me like 5 minutes to kill him with my Wraith Flash...

All in all, it was a great game. I REALLY enjoy open world games like this, and I am the guy who spends forever ignoring the main quest, and building up my character.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Icon

I was kind of in the middle on this game - the learning curve is pretty steep, but once you get the branding skill unlocked it gets a lot easier. Also learn to use the bow a lot, and riding those animals (I forget the name) can be useful, although they were a pain in the ass to control when running.

It did get pretty repetitive and tiresome after a while, and I didn't bother with the DLC after I got the Platinum.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin