Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Goodbye Shoeless

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Goodbye Shoeless

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    bondon,

No worries. I know you're a respectful and good dude. I guess I just look at things differently. If I were a mod and magoo came complaining to me about another poster, my reply would have been simple: "Bro, you dish it out so take it and deal." Period. The back-and-forth, go-between with members in a "he said, she said" is part of the problem IMO. It leads to over-policing and picking sides. But whatever - some people have moved on. I've said my peace. Dobber and Bomm were completely respectful and considerate about it. I want to make the boards better, not worse. Like havanablast said: back to the hockey talk.
    Now that's what I call civil! You earned my respect fungchen3.

Super Moderator

Disclaimer: I'm a mod (in case you don't see it). Also, my grammar isn't great - deal with it.

I just want to say you guys are all awesome. Dobber has always been great to me. Always. Shoeless has always been great to me. Always. Some of you guys are making it seem like we have to decide between one or the other. Now I don't know the whole story, nor do I care. It seems like they had a disagreement and if I know the both of them, they still like the hell out of each other. Hell, I put $ that a year from now, whether he's posting here or not, they'll be on good terms. But how does this affect the forums?

I know Shoeless is a legend here and will always be one. But if you take a look, he hasn't posted that much over the years, not cause of anything that happened here but you know what. . . the forums survived. Hell, they grew. We might have lost a friend on these forums (sheet, sounds like he died for frigs sake) but we gain another 5 in his place.

As for censorship, hell I would have censored people way worse than this. There's a lot of morons out there and I think Dobber's been too soft on people if you ask me. Especially Mcgoo. I never had a problem with Scott (Mcgoo), actually got along really well with him, but as a mod, I can't tell you how many people left these forums for good cause of his nature. I got nothing to gain by telling you guys this but I just can't believe that people are saying he was censored. Worst part is, lots of newbies were turned off by him and you know what that means. . . Dobber lost $$$$. Cause they'll go somewhere else and yet he still didn't ban him. Again, I don't know the full story this time, nor do I care, but if the past is any predicator, then McGoo wasn't so innocent.

And man, Bomm Bastic has been getting sheet on for days for nothing. So he got into a tiff or whatever, who the F cares. This guy busts his ass from what I see behind the scenes and is one of the most active mods and then gets sheet on from everybody for it. Just imagine how you'd feel if you were in his position. And again, I don't know the whole story but from what I've read, he doesn't deserve any crap from anybody unless it's a big thank you. People who crap on him should instead crap on people like me who are mods and don't do anything for a while. That guy's involved and does his best to keep the site clean (he doesn't get paid) and gets yelled at while I'm a mod who hasn't cleaned up anything here in months. He doesn't deserve any hate if you still think he does, you got other issues. This goes for all the mods who get crapped on, just seems like he takes the brunt of it.

But do you guys really care? I come here for fantasy knowledge and awesome conversation but not to decide who's side I take in an argument. There is no side in this one, just a losing one.

Fungchen, man I missed you. You were one of, if not my favourite poster when I was around a lot. Also miss RidinRyan, NYR9394 and a few others. Just wanted to get that in there.

Just one last thing. Over the years, I got into battles with guys like Big Ev, Dakkster (when he was still Sentium), and others I'm sure but just can't remember. Anyways, just cause guys irritate the hell out of you doesn't mean they don't have something you can learn from, each of them had some of the best posts I've seen here. Remember, this is a forum, nobody's forced to be here but you come back cause it's the best one for fantasy hockey (in my opinion).
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Genius

I'm confused? This is a hockey forum I mostly post here just to get Hockey advice... if one peck head was spamming threads, (because unless it had anything to do with an effort to contribute to the OP's question or post in anyway that's what he was doing SPAMMING) then who cares if he got banned?... Sometimes a guy (Dobber) has to apply the old 20/80 rule and concentrate on a select few bad apples to have the biggest impact for everyone on making these forums what it is about Hockey. I do however think arguments can get heated and there is nothing wrong with it, unless the arguments turn to pity name calling which has nothing to do with the subject matter.

I can't believe anyone's feelings could truly get so hurt because of someone leaving a forum, or someone getting banned from a forum or for that matter something 'attacking' you on a forum. This is the internet, does everyone not have life's outside of this? Last comment on Shoeless, great hockey poster his advice will surely be missed.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

cant believe this thread is still going on.

mcgoo deserved to be banned. everyone who has been here for a while knows it, the good he brought to this forum did not outweigh all his bs forum members and mods had to put up with.

shoeless, we're all sad to see him go. i'm not sure what caused him to leave exactly but at this point it honestly doesnt matter. it's his choice, and if he feels he needs to take a step back then we need to respect his decision. and i'm sure he knows he will always be welcome back here.

i think the mods need to be more strict, this whole censorship thing is stupid. if your post gets deleted, big deal. chances are it's because it was offensive in some way, it's not like mods enjoy spending extra time to delete a post. if it was deleted when it shouldn't have been, does it really matter? are you that concerned about your post count? is what you posted so vital to the conversation that everyone would suffer without knowing what you said?

it's a forum. there are rules. just like in real life, you wont get along with everyone. you won't always get your way. if you're going to bitch about everything then you're not going to be happy and youre going to ruin it for others.

Dobber Sports Icon

Wow.

Going to miss Shoeless - truly a class act and part of the core of this community. I hope he reconsiders and does return after a while. I do understand if he doesn't though.

Though I never personally had any dust-ups with mcgoo, I have seen enough in the past to know that he eventually had this coming. He really liked to push the boundaries. Though like I said, I always got along with him and respect his hockey knowledge.

To Dobber, Bomm, and the rest of the Admin/Mod crew - I've been in your position and know how tough it can be when stuff like this happens. I don't know the details, as I have taken some time out recently and missed the incidents, but there is no way you can please everyone. Tough decisions need to be made, and mistakes/overreactions happen. You learn from it and try to be better in the future (not saying this is what happened here, just in general).

I really wish we could stick to hockey (and lighter stuff in The Lounge) and just leave the rest of the bullshit in the world out of it. There is enough of it everywhere you look so it would be nice to have one place where you don't have to see it (wishful thinking I know).
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Icon

What the hell...

Shoeless was the first guy I pm'd about a trade offer I had...He responded even though I was a new kid on the forums.

I've been around for a while now and I can say that I looked forward to posts he made.

I guess it's all over now but let's get back to what makes this forum great.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Stud

if anyone has any information on how i can apply to be a mod lmk.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    if anyone has any information on how i can apply to be a mod lmk.
    I support this completely.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    I support this completely.
    Seconded
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

I...am your father.

I'll give this another 24 hours
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

...yeah these don't count

Capture.PNG

I'll lock it now
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi