Thread: Footage of favourite singers/bands when they were young

The Wolverine

Default Footage of favourite singers/bands when they were young

I thought it would be interesting for people to share some footage of our favourite singers or bands when they were much younger, especially if not widely known or available. Do you have any examples to share?

I'll start.

My favourite all-time band is Faith No More, and the lead singer (since The Real Thing) has been Mike Patton. He joined FNM from Mr Bungle, which was his original band, formed when he was in high school. I just found this clip of that band in a high school talent show.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Footage of favourite singers/bands when they were young

My favourite band is the Killers.
    I suppose I like a little glam-rock, heck... I like Queen.
    The Killers' lead singer: Brandon Flowers is a bit of a stage showman.

Their first very poppy song was "Somebody Told Me" with that lyric
    somebody told me that you had a boyfriend... that looked like a girlfriend... that I had in January of last year...

In this, their first video, he's wearing boring swag: Red Lacoste shirt, boring sport coat, etc.
    This video is your generic low-budget stuff, not really much to see:

It was a big change to the theatrics of "Mr. Brightside"... but that was so successful that it shaped Flowers & the band:
    Songs/vids have been great from there:

Dobber Sports Legend

I'm showing my age, but this was the first concert I ever attended - Live Aid in Philly - I was 11 years old and went with my Aunt and Cousin. This was also the first time I ever heard about this "Madonna" character. fairly early into her career, there she was performing in front of a packed house of 100,000 people at the old JFK Stadium in Philly... and I remember the crowd having no idea how to respond to her for the most part. My cousin was a 15 year old girl at the time and loved her... I remember that! Never the greatest singer - Madonna was an incredible entertainer and one of my all-time fav artists.

8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Wizard

From the FNMTs you guys know my love for the blues. Here's a pair of videos of a young Joe Bonamassa. Some people are just born with it....

at 12:

at 16:

The musical version of one of our favorite phrases, a true generational talent. Even then with the rough edges and all, you could see this kid was destined to be huge.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....