Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye mister_mcgoo

The Great One

Default Re: Goodbye mister_mcgoo

So who is going to blame the refs when Montreal losses in the playoffs now?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

hah. I don't mean to be a jerk, but to be perfectly honest, I always thought mcgoo and doulos were the same person. Dunno why. My apologies, doulos, if it is offensive to be considered "in league" with a gent that just got banned. And I'm honestly not sure why, I think it was something about similar avatars? But thinking back, I believe you two have the kept the same ones for your tenures here..i can't figure out for the life of me why I can't get my choice of avatar to work. Ah well. Better off that way, I spose.
    30 team league, DYNASTY
    Hartford Whalers

GO CANES

Banned

Man, this is great stuff. Better than TV.

Dobber Sports Ninja

At least I used the IMG Forum tag....

Dobber Sports Titan

I was unaware that was why he was banned. That is unfair. I was told to ease off by someone on my earlier comments so I stopped commenting on this thread. I would like to say that is no way how someone should be banned. If Dobber didn’t like it, maybe just remove his avatar link (I’d assume he has that right because I could put a crude pic as my avatar and he’d need to remove it). Just the point is, that isn’t a reason to ban someone, not like he went on THIS site and said, “Look at how bad the mods are, come to my site to see everything!” even that would (to me) just be a deleted thread. Maybe this was more of a, “get rid of the rebeller to ease tension”. Just a thought, but I don’t agree with the reason for the ban

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    P.S. People, for the love of god, LEARN HOW TO USE THE IMG FORUM TAG INSTEAD OF SAVING PICTURES TO YOUR HARD DRIVE AND THEN UPLOADING THEM AS ATTACHMENTS TO POSTS! THE WAY MOST OF YOU DO IT JUST SCREAMS THAT YOU ARE AS CLUELESS ABOUT THE INTERNET AS DOBBER IS!!! Felt good to get that off my chest. But seriously, it's ****ing stupid to post pictures that way. D.S.
    Wouldn’t it be easier for Dobber to write the “insert image” button that way? I never learned the in’s and out’s of the internet because why would I? I know enough to get by and do what I need to do to 1. Have fun, and 2. Make money for work.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Wizard

Damn looks like some fun posts were deleted. Oh well, guess I'm gonna have to check this thread more often.

I didn't have too many personal interactions with McGoo....we had one back and forth about the Yakupov celebration in his like 3rd game or whatever, that one was fun. He was being old and grouchy, I thought the celebration was awesome. We did have a couple pretty nice discussions as well....he really was a fun poster when he wasn't being a dick for the sake of it.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Ninja

Wow, that was an epic meltdown if I've ever seen one...

It blows my mind that some people take this forum so personally.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Damn looks like some fun posts were deleted. Oh well, guess I'm gonna have to check this thread more often.

I didn't have too many personal interactions with McGoo....we had one back and forth about the Yakupov celebration in his like 3rd game or whatever, that one was fun. He was being old and grouchy, I thought the celebration was awesome. We did have a couple pretty nice discussions as well....he really was a fun poster when he wasn't being a dick for the sake of it.
    The post was something around the claim that McGoo was banned because he had a link on his avatar to his own website showing all of his previously deleted posts and stuff like that. And it was made by Dakster who has been on a leave of absence (dictated on his own) and it was a very long post.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post

They just deleted my post too i see for some unknown reason, all I did was comment on how epic that rant was
    I went to pop some popcorn and settle in for an enjoyable afternoon of screwing the pooch but apparently I did something wrong (maybe they found those nudie pics I have on my site and I'm in trouble too )

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    They just deleted my post too i see for some unknown reason, all I did was comment on how epic that rant was
    I went to pop some popcorn and settle in for an enjoyable afternoon of screwing the pooch but apparently I did something wrong (maybe they found those nudie pics I have on my site and I'm in trouble too )
    Generally if a post needs to be removed the following posts quoting it are also removed... it wasn't just you my friend. You'll notice there was no infraction for just that reason.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Stud

Is someone posting their deleted posts on their own blog really worthy of a lifetime ban.

How many people would even know they were there or to even click on his page link to go to his site to see them?

Was he even asked to remove them or the link before the ban?
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Generally if a post needs to be removed the following posts quoting it are also removed... it wasn't just you my friend. You'll notice there was no infraction for just that reason.
    Ah, OK that makes sense I guess. But man, you ruined my Friday afternoon, I was settling in to enjoy the show and now I've got to go do some actual work! A pox upon you vile beast!

Also, I would have liked to see Dobber respond to the rant like a man should when attacked in that fashion, much better than hiding in the skirts of his mods don't you think?
    Could just be me though, I love a good fight. Oh well, back to the grind

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    Ah, OK that makes sense I guess. But man, you ruined my Friday afternoon, I was settling in to enjoy the show and now I've got to go do some actual work! A pox upon you vile beast!

Also, I would have liked to see Dobber respond to the rant like a man should when attacked in that fashion, much better than hiding in the skirts of his mods don't you think?
    Could just be me though, I love a good fight. Oh well, back to the grind
    The less he talks and comments on it, the faster it dies I guess is the thinking. If the answer and reasoning was just, I think an explaination for the ban would end this right now. but if it was more arbitrary and “we’ve had enough of this one users antics”, it may just stir the pot too much.

Just how I think Dobber is thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    Is someone posting their deleted posts on their own blog really worthy of a lifetime ban.

How many people would even know they were there or to even click on his page link to go to his site to see them?

Was he even asked to remove them or the link before the ban?
    If you or anyone else would like to pay tribute to McGoo, that's fine. I don't want to speak on behalf of Shoeless, but I believe that to be his original intent of this thread.

Otherwise, all forum policy related questions and comments should be directed to an admin. You can find the site's infraction policy here http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...raction-Policy

If Shoeless' well intended thread devolves into questions solely re forum protocol it will be locked.

Thanks
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Sage

I rather enjoyed Mcgoo and I usually dislike the abraisive, combative types. He only POed me one time but that was because I insulted the Canadians.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov