Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Goodbye mister_mcgoo

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Goodbye mister_mcgoo

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Really? Dobber and his moderators, Bomm especially, have been nothing less than gracious through all this. They have sincerely apologized for their mistakes, which is something Mcgoo could never do, and he made many of them. Yes, Mcgoo was very knowledgeable and insightful but, he could also be very rude and arrogant and would constantly resort to name calling, which is probably why he received so many warnings.
    You say that giving someone too much power and pretty soon they become incapable of not abusing it? How about giving them the benefit of the doubt because they're in a position in which they can't win. These guys are moderators because of their level headedness, integrity and fairness and have kept the site respectful and comfortable for everyone.
    Well said. Good job Godin!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Really? Dobber and his moderators, Bomm especially, have been nothing less than gracious through all this. They have sincerely apologized for their mistakes, which is something Mcgoo could never do, and he made many of them. Yes, Mcgoo was very knowledgeable and insightful but, he could also be very rude and arrogant and would constantly resort to name calling, which is probably why he received so many warnings.
    You say that giving someone too much power and pretty soon they become incapable of not abusing it? How about giving them the benefit of the doubt because they're in a position in which they can't win. These guys are moderators because of their level headedness, integrity and fairness and have kept the site respectful and comfortable for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Well said. Good job Godin!
    Indeed.

The Great One

+3 and rep.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

+1 rep.
    10 Team Keeper League, 15 Keepers (max 2 goalies), 10 prospects, Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3 Utility, 4D, 2G

Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIMS, SOG, STP; W, SO, SV%, GAA

C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Larkin, Pavelski (RW)
    LW Panarin, Ehlers , Ovechkin, Verhaeghe (C), Beauvillier, Killorn
    RW: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Wheeler, Mangiapane (LW)
    D: Makar, Hughes, Krug; Pietrangelo, Schmidt, Andersson, Gostibehere
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Sorokin (G), Askarov (G), Raymond (LW), Kaliyev (RW), Perfetti (RW), Norris (C), Kaprizov (LW), Hayton (C), Brannstrom (D), Boqvist (D), Clarke (D)

Dobber Sports Monster

RIP McGoo. My experience with him was relatively limited, but very memorable. We had planned on launching a fantasy hockey league together but it never got off the ground. We also got into irreconcilable arguments, but it kept me engaged and forced me to second guess my beliefs. Overall, it's no doubt he will be missed and irreplaceable.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Stud

Let's be honest. Being a mod has less to do with a level head than it does watching Dobber's bottom line.

Otherwise, we wouldn't be saying goodbye to the most level-headed member on the forum (Shoeless). And we wouldn't be listening to apologies from multiple mods.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by slufoot View Post
    Let's be honest. Being a mod has less to do with a level head than it does watching Dobber's bottom line.

Otherwise, we wouldn't be saying goodbye to the most level-headed member on the forum (Shoeless). And we wouldn't be listening to apologies from multiple mods.
    being a mod is a thankless job at times--lets face it , some reg members have a higher IQ than some mods and will try to drive their point home.

the board has some clique's and rock stars that I dont care for so I usually just steer clear most of the time.

but once in awhile a left jab when they get a little high on their horse is fun .

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by slufoot View Post

Let's be honest. Do you know the entire story? I sure don't...

But

I have no problem believing that McGoo earned his ban. I will not miss him nor would I have wanted to be a Mod constantly having to deal with his antics.

That guy, his personal positive contributions aside, made sexist comments here, actually made a "handicapped kid" comment ... And whenI called him on it... He backed tracked to me in PM... Not to the group, and pled with me to remove my public comment, which I DID, Begrudgingly, only to see him carelessly tossing around "******" months later. This guy screams narcisim and seriously lacks a filter from brain to mouth, or fingers if you will. He also personally attacked me more than once for simply stating my opinion and not including enough factual research, which was far less an issue for me... But still... Helped paint his legacy in my eyes.

This was NOT a mod or dobber issue. He earned what he got... And while I suspect he already has a new handle and is lurking here...somewhere... Basking in the Glory that were still talking about him or somehow taking responsibility for driving out other long time members, atleast Dobber et al made a statement with McGoo. You may not agree... And that's totally your call. But this is my opinion... My honest opinion.

As for the other long time members "quitting" ... That is also their(we know who they are) call. I'll miss their contributions and enjoyed and benefitted from their insights... But if they want to quit... Which is what they did in fact do, quit, then fine. I no longer want to take part in Tire pumping memorial threads for members who choose to no longer be here. They made their point and these bye bye threads are getting embarrassing. I'll respect their decision by returning the Bye bye and Sending them both my best wishes.

Now back to Fantasy Hockey talk.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I no longer want to take part in Tire pumping memorial threads for members who choose to no longer be here.

They made their point and these bye bye threads are getting embarrassing. I'll respect their decision by returning the Bye bye and Sending them both my best wishes.
    That's a bit awkward. But it all makes sense now. Shoeless' posts were about Tire Pumping!!!

Shoeless = Luongo

mcgoo = Tim Thomas

HB21 - If you no longer want to take part in 'tire pumping threads' why do you keep posting in the 'tire pumping threads'? And to reference Shoeless as a 'quitter'. This is a hockey site, not people committing treason or walking away from their countries. I think what you are saying here is actually an insult to Shoeless, as he is the one that started both 'tire pumping threads' as you call them, and he started them for his own good reasons.

The first thread Shoeless was saying a positive goodbye to mcgoo, the second thread it is clear he had a difference of opinions with Dobber/Bomm and was saying an eloquent goodbye to the Community. BOTH threads have been full of people saying positive things about both members - I guess you call that 'tire pumping'. Everyone loves Shoeless, which is clear in the Shoeless thread. From the looks of it quite a few people actually quite liked having mcgoo around, but obviously the mcgoo thread is more controversial and differs in opinion due to how polarizing mcgoo was.

Did you even read the beginning of Shoeless' post?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    In the hours since my post on mister_mcgoo no longer being with us, I have been harassed by Dobber and personally attacked by Bomm Bastic via private message. They think they are right, but I don’t think we would be where we are right now if they were.

Anyway, enough is enough and I chose rather than to stick around and get involved in a pissing match about management style and accountability, the lack of transparency, lack of self-evaluation, finger pointing, the abuse of power, etc., etc., to exit stage left. Any such campaign on my part would surely end in me being banned under current practices, because I know how I am when I enter the fray and that would serve no one, and in particular, these forums. No one wins, of that I am sure. The only way to truly prevent abuse is to remove one’s self from the abusive situation.
    Doesn't sound like a guy that quit, sounds like a guy that is walking away (maybe forever, maybe for a little while) due to a 'difference of opinion'.

Why can't people relax and just let the two threads take their course. The forum has lost two long time community members. What's the big deal about the Community having a discussion about it. These threads will die out soon enough just like every other thread does on every forum on every forum based site.

Too many people are seeing all of this as Pro-Dobber vs Anti-Dobber when it's not that at all. It's just a Community (see the key word there = Community) saying their well wishes to a couple of fellows while discussing some stuff related to their departures.

It's too bad Luongo can't read all of this and tweet about it. On another note, anyone going to watch the All Star Game?

Dobber Sports Genius

Watched the competition last night ; 108 + for Weber!
    Block one of his shots and see how it feels!

Johansen was great , he really played the crowd.

Boos for Nash but , in jest it seemed.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

I...am your father.

Let's give this another 24 hours, if anyone else wants to speak of McGoo's legacy. Then I'll lock it
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Okay, thanks everyone.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi