Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mobile site - Redirect to spam/virus

Dobber Sports Veteran

Exclamation Mobile site - Redirect to spam/virus

Lately as I have been visiting the dobberhockey forums on my Android (using the mobile site), I am constantly redirected from the main hockey forums page to a spam page telling me to free up memory on my android and to download something (clearly malware). This started a day ago and it is only on the dobberhockey forums that this happens. All other sites are fine. Anyone else having this issue? I attached a screenshot of what it force redirects to after about 2 seconds on the forums page.

Screenshot_2014-12-01-10-06-00.png

Wanted to alert the dobber crew so they can look into this, as it essentially guarantees 0 traffic to the mobile site.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Mobile site - Redirect to spam/virus

I tried it just now going around the site and the forum in some different ways. Got nothing. What browser do you use? I use Google Chrome on my Samsung Galaxy S5.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    Lately as I have been visiting the dobberhockey forums on my Android (using the mobile site), I am constantly redirected from the main hockey forums page to a spam page telling me to free up memory on my android and to download something (clearly malware). This started a day ago and it is only on the dobberhockey forums that this happens. All other sites are fine. Anyone else having this issue? I attached a screenshot of what it force redirects to after about 2 seconds on the forums page.

Screenshot_2014-12-01-10-06-00.png

Wanted to alert the dobber crew so they can look into this, as it essentially guarantees 0 traffic to the mobile site.
    I haven't had any problems yesterday and today when using my iphone.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    I tried it just now going around the site and the forum in some different ways. Got nothing. What browser do you use? I use Google Chrome on my Samsung Galaxy S5.
    Interesting. Google Chrome on my Moto X. Never had this issue on the site before, and this is the only site where anything weird happens. I'll clear all cache etc. in the browser, play around with the mobile site settings, and report back.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Not sure if this is related, but odd timing nevertheless: http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...0#post1390810\

Dobber Sports Veteran

Update: It is the mobile site only. If I use the desktop site on my android, it works fine. However, when I use the mobile site, it redirects 100% of the time. Only at forums.dobbersports.com

Not a huge deal, since I can use the desktop version, but I figure this is something worth looking into.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

screencrap 2014-12-01.pdf

For the record, I'm on a desktop version of Firefox and getting a strange auto-redirect to carsmenu.com
    No idea why.
    But the re-direct site looks like every re-direct site I've ever encountered once malware gets planted.

(FTR, I'm not saying it's from this site, but I'm only getting re-directed from this site.)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Banned

This happened several months ago and despite numerous reports and complaints of infections the powers that be denied them all and carried on business as usual, claiming all was well, I suspect they'll continue to sing that song.

I myself have detected almost 20 cases of malware including phantom redirects while browsing this site over the past few months. Since no one who runs this shit show of a forum has any idea how the internet actually works my best advice to you is to ignore the man behind the curtain and invest in quality virus and malware protection. The two best free options are probably AVG and Malwarebytes, so check those out at a bare minimum but if you have browser security/virus questions please don't hesitate to PM me directly and I will help as I can because this is beyond stupid, I feel like an AIDS worker in Africa where everyone is saying it comes from spirits in the trees.

Software Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    This happened several months ago and despite numerous reports and complaints of infections the powers that be denied them all and carried on business as usual, claiming all was well, I suspect they'll continue to sing that song.

I myself have detected almost 20 cases of malware including phantom redirects while browsing this site over the past few months. Since no one who runs this shit show of a forum has any idea how the internet actually works my best advice to you is to ignore the man behind the curtain and invest in quality virus and malware protection. The two best free options are probably AVG and Malwarebytes, so check those out at a bare minimum but if you have browser security/virus questions please don't hesitate to PM me directly and I will help as I can because this is beyond stupid, I feel like an AIDS worker in Africa where everyone is saying it comes from spirits in the trees.
    Hi Vanek.

Do you think you can link me to a URL where this is happening or a step by step repro?

PS: I'm aware of the previous posts detailing things. However, my time is very short. I'd like to receive a fresh report that has near 100% chance of helping me to pin point the issue.

I...am your father.

This has been cleared up now. Site has been upgraded, patched and secured.

Vanek, the powers that be from several months ago did not carry on business as usual, we did a full investigation and there was nothing. And that turned out to be true.
    This latest issue from December 1 was indeed a hack and we have cleared it out (s/t to Riasat). Sometimes you look for things, find it and fix it - and sometimes you look for things, find nothing, and it turns out to be personal computers.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    This has been cleared up now. Site has been upgraded, patched and secured.

Vanek, the powers that be from several months ago did not carry on business as usual, we did a full investigation and there was nothing. And that turned out to be true.
    This latest issue from December 1 was indeed a hack and we have cleared it out (s/t to Riasat). Sometimes you look for things, find it and fix it - and sometimes you look for things, find nothing, and it turns out to be personal computers.
    Thanks Dobber! Noticed the following day or two it cleared up. Nice work.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    Lately as I have been visiting the dobberhockey forums on my Android (using the mobile site), I am constantly redirected from the main hockey forums page to a........
    Lately on my Android phone (using chrome) i'm redirected to a virus page.....warning me that i have a virus blah blah blah.....i hit the back button to go back to the dobber homepage and it usually works from there....i've had this happen over the last few weeks, usually only once a day and when i first visit the forum site.....i don't experience this on my lap top...

thoughts? i have a spyware on my phone and usually run a check now and then......

COD
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

I...am your father.

I'll get this looked at next week. Big weekend ahead for the websites. Out with the old, in with the new!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Novice

Same here for the past month. Going to sites that redirect me to Apple iPhone App Store for uber, game of war. Also I was a lucky winner of an iPhone 7 a few times.
    16 Team Yahoo H2H - Dynasty, 25 Players
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Titan

I was directed to like b11ads or something. I was freaking out my phone had a virus, but I guess it’s fine.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll