Thread: Crazy Entry Strategy -talk me out of it please

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Crazy Entry Strategy -talk me out of it please

I need someone to talk me out of using my 3 entry draft picks to take 3 Phoenix prospects: MacLean, Porter and Beodeker.

Wingers are at a premium in my league and if Phoenix is going to be a (lesser) Pittsburgh I know nobody else will be considering these guys. I have picks 9, 11 and 18 out of 20.

Other players that may be available could be:

Igor Makarov
    Blake Wheeler
    T.J. Oshie
    Michael Backlund
    Teddie Purcell

I have won my league twice in a row and think it may be time to look to the future while I have 1 good year left. I already have Mueller. Would I be on Phoenix overload? I am sure Pittsburgh player owners wouldn\'t think that right now...

Tell me why its not a good idea:blush:
    10 Team Salary Cap Keeper League-protect up to 15
    Total of points and +/-; position vs. position (ie. my 2 Centres vs. his 2 Centres)
    C -Crosby, Ribeiro, Strome, Granlund
    LW -Neal, Nyquist, Johansson, TBD
    RW -Coyle, Eberle, TBD, TBD
    D -Streit, Phaneuf, Green, Keith, Letang, TBD
    G -S. Mason, TBD

Dobber Sports Guru

all those guys you listed are good, and i wouldn\'t necessarily set yourself to collect players from any one team. phoenix won\'t be a pittsburgh... as good as turris and mueller are, they are no crosby and malkin.

of the three phoenix guys, i\'d grab boedker first, followed by maclean. they are both scorers, and the fact that boedker was a high draft pick means they will give him extra chances to make the team. porter is by all accounts an outstanding hockey player, but i\'m always a little careful with late-blooming college kids.

here would be my order:

oshie, boedker, purcell, maclean, backlund, wheeler, makarov, porter

makarov is so far down because i\'m in the process of getting bid by the russian bug.

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks Ultra. Does MacLean play any games this year? Otherwise I can likely get him in next years entry draft.
    10 Team Salary Cap Keeper League-protect up to 15
    Total of points and +/-; position vs. position (ie. my 2 Centres vs. his 2 Centres)
    C -Crosby, Ribeiro, Strome, Granlund
    LW -Neal, Nyquist, Johansson, TBD
    RW -Coyle, Eberle, TBD, TBD
    D -Streit, Phaneuf, Green, Keith, Letang, TBD
    G -S. Mason, TBD

Dobber Sports Ace

ultrawhiteness wrote:
    all those guys you listed are good, and i wouldn\'t necessarily set yourself to collect players from any one team. phoenix won\'t be a pittsburgh... as good as turris and mueller are, they are no crosby and malkin.

of the three phoenix guys, i\'d grab boedker first, followed by maclean. they are both scorers, and the fact that boedker was a high draft pick means they will give him extra chances to make the team. porter is by all accounts an outstanding hockey player, but i\'m always a little careful with late-blooming college kids.

here would be my order:

oshie, boedker, purcell, maclean, backlund, wheeler, makarov, porter

makarov is so far down because i\'m in the process of getting bid by the russian bug.
    Purcell may very well turn out to be the player he\'s hyped to be, but he IS a late blooming college player. I know you wrote that you\'re careful with them and you may have been with Purcell, but I\'m just stating the fact. He\'s an \'85 born while Porter is an \'86 born.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Guru

i don\'t think so. i think a year in the AHL would be good for him. i actually think that porter is closer to NHL action than maclean. upside just isn\'t as high.

whats interesting is that on the phoenix webpage, on their depthchart they have boedker and lisin already penciled in the lineup.

then again, they also have fedoruk as their #2 RW. haha.