Thread: Shattenkirk

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Shattenkirk

What does everyone think of him? In my one league (I have him in 2 leagues), I am thinking of trading him. I already have a deep young defense (team is in sig) and some good defensive prospects too.

What\'s his true upside and what should we expect from him? I know Liles\' signing could push him back a little bit but I\'m thinking of shopping him and Russell for Coburn.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Shattenkirk

I think your hard-on for Coburn is getting the best of you I\'ve noticed you posting more and more about him lately

If I had Coburn and got offered Russell and Shattenkirk for him I would accept that offer in a second. Russell\'s offensive upside is higher than Coburn\'s and that\'s not even taking into account the value of Shattenkirk. Liles alone will not push back a player like Shattenkirk. Teams with a lot of puckmoving defensemen are mostly better and mostly all of those good dmen produce points as well.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Shattenkirk

Hey playmaker, my friend and I attended the Avalanche Prospect Camp today and plan on going back on Tuesday. I\'ll be making another post here shortly on some other players too.

As for Shattenkirk, by watching him today he needs to work on his skating and defensive responsibilities. As for his offensive prowess, he has a mean accurate shot and passes the puck very accurately. He also did well getting good tippable shots to players in front of the net during those types of drills.

All in all I see him as an offensive horse someday especially with his talent developing. He just needs to work on that skating and defensive fundamentals.

Hope that helps. B)
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Shattenkirk

sentium wrote:
    I think your hard-on for Coburn is getting the best of you I\'ve noticed you posting more and more about him lately

If I had Coburn and got offered Russell and Shattenkirk for him I would accept that offer in a second. Russell\'s offensive upside is higher than Coburn\'s and that\'s not even taking into account the value of Shattenkirk. Liles alone will not push back a player like Shattenkirk. Teams with a lot of puckmoving defensemen are mostly better and mostly all of those good dmen produce points as well.
    Haha I think you\'re right. But as a Flyers fan, I have seen up-close what he can do. He\'s going to be 2nd PP unit but in his first full season, he had 36 points. He\'ll be a horse too with good PIM and +/-. Maybe I\'ll ask for something else with Coburn in that trade but my defense is so stacked right now that I can afford to overpay a little. The GM who has him is also high on him.

My defense (including prospects) consists of Campbell, Green, EJ, Bouwmeester, Barker, Enstrom, Russell, Sanguinetti, Salcido, Lee, Sekera, and Shattenkirk.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Shattenkirk

Veritas0Aequitas wrote:
    Hey playmaker, my friend and I attended the Avalanche Prospect Camp today and plan on going back on Tuesday. I\'ll be making another post here shortly on some other players too.

As for Shattenkirk, by watching him today he needs to work on his skating and defensive responsibilities. As for his offensive prowess, he has a mean accurate shot and passes the puck very accurately. He also did well getting good tippable shots to players in front of the net during those types of drills.

All in all I see him as an offensive horse someday especially with his talent developing. He just needs to work on that skating and defensive fundamentals.

Hope that helps. B)
    Thanks for the analysis.

I played with him a few years ago and his skating was great but it always has room for improvement. Best player I\'ve played with or against...better than JVR or Gagner.

I know his weakness has been when to jump into the play since he tends to think too offensively.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Shattenkirk

How many guys do you dress at each position? I would certainly try to get a good forward prospect in addition to Coburn in that deal.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Shattenkirk

12 forwards, 6 defenseman, 2 goalies.

I might do Coburn and Brule for Russell and Shattenkirk.

Or add another decent piece and have him add in Horton.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Shattenkirk

If you could snag Horton that would be a sweet deal for you. I have a feeling he\'s gonna break out big this year.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Shattenkirk

Yeah, I think he\'s a candidate for 75+ this year.

jeff88_5

Default Shattenkirk

playmaker26 wrote:
    12 forwards, 6 defenseman, 2 goalies.

I might do Coburn and Brule for Russell and Shattenkirk.

Or add another decent piece and have him add in Horton.
    i\'d do that any day if I were you, Brule\'s going nowhere...