Thread: Bobby Ryan next season - Burke\'s take

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Bobby Ryan next season - Burke\'s take

Make of it what you will ...

link
    Rebulding in two lifetime keepers, squads to follow ...

Dobber Sports Initiate

So typical of Brian Burke, this is a response to Lowe\'s shots at him. Burke\'s so big headed that he\'ll make sure Ryan gets babied this year and a ton of playing time.

Kevin Lowe insulting Ryan might\'ve been the best thing possible for his career.

Burke was very stubborn with the Sedin\'s who were his pets in Vancouver he hurt their development by giving them prime minutes almost from day 1 and letting them \"play through their mistakes\".

I\'ve always been a fan of the Sedins but Burke was over the top with his protection of them. He\'ll do the same now for Ryan just for his own ego and to try and prove Lowe wrong.
    "I mean technically, I could say that every defender's upside is 80 points and never 'lose my house.'"
    - lanky 522

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Actually, I think it\'s time to give Ryan a shot. He looks like he\'s ready and in reality the only way to get ready is to play with the big boys. Prime playing time and working through mistakes doesn\'t seemed to have hurt Kane and some others.

I don\'t think you\'ll have a huge year from him but I can\'t see why he\'s not capable of putting up decent 1st full time year numbers.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I think Burke is prone to having a big ego so what you guys have said about Ryan getting babied now is probably true.

All i keep hearing about Ryan is that his past is going to hold him back. Some family related issue I think. I certainly hope he can overcome that (if he hasn\'t done so already)

Dobber Sports Veteran

It will depend if Selanne is there or not. I would rate him at 40-50 points.
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev