Thread: Targeting Crosby

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Targeting Crosby

Team in sig.

Crosby owner is struggling, said he's open to trading Sid. I need roster spots to make room for E. Staal of IR.

These are the offers I have in mind:

Kunitz+Buff+Pearson/Palat
    Staal+Buff+Pearson/Palat
    Kane+Buff
    Kunitz+Letang+Palat

I would really like to get rid of a d-man, b/c I'll have Hedman back eventually and then I'll have to drop one of them because I don't wanna roll with 5D. So I'm thinking either Buff or Letang should be part of the deal. I'd also like to get rid of a Pens forward, b/c I already have Dupuis, Kunitz, and Letang. And maybe a Lightning player, because I have Drouin, Palat, Gudas, and Hedman.

What do you guys think of these deals? Fair value? I feel like I might be overpaying, in a league this deep, guys like Pearson are worth a lot and theres nothing in FA

Any other ideas of offers to throw out there?

Thanks for any help

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Targeting Crosby

the combination of a 1-year league with 18 teams is hard to get my head around, since i play in a 12-team limited keeper league. in a limited keeper like mine, crosby is almost impossible to steal. i think i ended up offering the first three overall picks in our draft (attained through a bunch of other trades) + my 1st in next year's draft + d.sedin + phaneuf + letang, and the owner didn't think I was close enough to even continue the conversation.

with your settings and your roster, i could see him considering one of the offers with three players that include pearson. it looks like your roster could sustain that kind of trade and still thrive. from experience, my friends are really down on e.staal. really both Hurricanes you own are probably more valuable on the stat sheet than in trade value. the opposite might be true for drouin and tarasenko, since their really big years are ahead of them. drouin was dropped from stamkos' line tonight, so if you can trade him in a 1-year league while the other owner is still staring at his 3 points in 3 games, i would.
    12-team, Weekly H2H ESPN League
    5 Veteran Keepers, 2 Prospect Keepers (Current ELC)
    Start: 6 Forwards, 4 Defensemen, 2 Goalies. 5 Bench + 2 IR
    Skater Categories: G, A, +/-, PIM, ATOI, SOG, STP
    Goalie Categories: W, GAA, SV% (Min. 3 Starts)