Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The food you love

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: The food you love

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    You must have an English background. Sunday dinners at my parents’ house is roast beef all the time, and their english
    Yep .... mother is from Wolverhampton but my Pops is from Northern Ireland. Nothing beats a Sunday Roast .... I'm salivating just thinking about it.

Dobber Sports Deity

Well considering its coming into Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada, I love a nice big home cooked Turkey dinner. Mashed taters, gravy, dressing, parsnips, turnip, carrots. Damn!!

On a regular day though, meat lovers pizza always catches me drooling.

I am a sweet lover so anything with chocolate on it or in it works for me too.

Being from the beautiful Annapolis Valley, I love apples so I also love pretty much any apple type desert. Apple pie, apple crisp, apple anything....
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Well considering its coming into Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada, I love a nice big home cooked Turkey dinner. Mashed taters, gravy, dressing, parsnips, turnip, carrots. Damn!!

On a regular day though, meat lovers pizza always catches me drooling.

I am a sweet lover so anything with chocolate on it or in it works for me too.

Being from the beautiful Annapolis Valley, I love apples so I also love pretty much any apple type desert. Apple pie, apple crisp, apple anything....

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Going back 10 years ago, I did not know how to cook anything. However, around that time my life circumstances suddenly changed and I was left raising a daughter on my own and I had to learn how to cook (we couldn't live off take-out forever).

I'm now proud to say that I'm a bit of an amateur chef. I almost always eat fresh, whole foods. I make most meals from scratch and generally speaking I find the food served at restaurants less appealing than the meals I make myself. The problem, however, with cooking every meal every day, is that I've pretty much stopped "craving" foods. In all honesty, there is only one meal I still crave: Pizza! Pizza is one of the few meals that I just can't replicate at home. I make homemade pizza sometimes, using only the freshest ingredients, but it just can't compare to the pizza served at restaurants. I rarely get a night off from cooking, but when I do it is usually to order pizza.

Another major benefit of ordering pizza is that no one complains, which isn't always the case with the meals I make at home.
    I agree with the bolded part 100%, as I do the same.

Banned

kind of tired of thanksgiving/Christmas food to be honest. Turkey is pretty boring. But Pumpkin Pie is unreal.

Dobber Sports Deity

We only have the big family dinners like that on a few special occasions each year (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter) so it makes them taste even better!

And yes, the pumpkin pies (along with apple pie, chocolate pie, coconut creme pie) are awesome too!

I love cooking and eating (worked in restaurants for 7 years before my pops started up the business we now work together in)!
    So many things I absolutely love haha.

Nachos - I love a great plate of them, Jack Astor's are definitely top 2 for those of you in the area (west/east as well)!
    Sushi - There is an incredible little place in our city I frequent with my wife and our friends, always fresh and made perfectly!
    BBQ - BIG BONE BBQ. Enough said, this place is a hidden gem in Barrie and Newmarket (Never been to the Newmarket location but if you are in Barrie, STOP. Wings/Ribs/Pork).
    Thai - Lived in Thailand for 8 months and unfortunately I have never been able to find something that compares to $1 Pad Thai behind the bank and 7/11 in Bangkok.
    Appetizers - I love appetizers, usually end up eating them more than entree's when out with friends, small portion food (tapas style) is the best.

Great thread!
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Titan

Costco’s pumpkin pie is unreal. It’s got a bigger radius than my cars rims! Plus it’s cheap and delicious. But Easter, Thanksgiving, and Xmas are the only times my family gets together for a full, relaxing meal anymore. Sister’s at school, I don’t like at home, and the odd Sunday I’ll go in for dinner. Then if I do, I gotta leave early to get back to the dog (he hates my parent’s dog lol). So that may add to the taste of the food for the Big 3 meals, but I absolutely love it.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    Nachos - I love a great plate of them, Jack Astor's are definitely top 2 for those of you in the area (west/east as well)!
    Kelseys and St Louis Bar and Grill have great nachos. Kelseys makes their own chips with this crazy good seasoning on it. It’s got me hooked. St Louis is just so basic, but so good. The regular fixings done right

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Kelseys and St Louis Bar and Grill have great nachos. Kelseys makes their own chips with this crazy good seasoning on it. It’s got me hooked. St Louis is just so basic, but so good. The regular fixings done right
    I think I have had Nachos at Kelseys before, never at St.Louis.
    Jack Astors fries their nachos fresh every morning and all the cheese and veggies are freshly grated/cut - salsa is amazing too.
    I am actually going to have to go there tonight now thanks to this thread!
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Titan

Jack Astors fries their nachos fresh every morning and all the cheese and veggies are freshly grated/cut - salsa is amazing too.
    My friends and I go to the one walking distance to the area we all live in late at night A LOT. Enough where the bartenders know I order the nachos more times than not. I like them better than JA nachos, but lately I’ve been unimpressed with JA’s food. But St Louis…never have had a bad plate of nachos there.

But I’m getting wings from St Louis for dinner tonight. I’ve been thinking about them for 3 weeks now.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Banned

first things I eat when I go back home:

1 frikandel special & 1 kroket. EVERY TIME. And before I board plane back home usually 3 frikandel special & 1 kroket. (or 2 and 2 depending on mood)
    absolutely the best stuff every (google if you wanna see what it is)

Also LOVE myself some Chinese food in Holland. I can't stand the stuff they call Chinese food in Canada, and YES there is a major difference. Can't even compare the 2.

I love any kind of rice dish: sweet/sour chicken with rice, butter chicken with rice, tandoori chicken with rice etc. all dishes like that are delicious.

I love myself some pancakes (crepes for proper terminology) and I make em better than any restaurant outside of the Netherlands.

in the summer I love some simple sausages on a bun or hamburgers with fried onions (and the rest of the topics)

I love wiener schnitzels, and its too bad I can't find any decent ones around where I live either. The cuts must be different here.

there is a lot of food I love, but often it depends on the mood I am in

Oh, and if I was on deathrow my last meal would be a combination of all of them

Dobber Sports Ninja

Huge nachos fan. I try them everywhere I go (at least in Canada) and the best so far (and by far) are at Boston Pizza. I order them with taco beef and extra cheese. Insanely addictive.

Homemade Chili

Bacon and Egg Spaghetti (homemade)

Burrito from The Lone Star

Steak from Ruth's Chris (not cheap, but when I'm in Toronto or New York City, I'll treat myself)
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Genius

Awesome foods listed all over this thread. Great stuff.

I'm a simple man, though, and my favourite food by landslide is a nice bacon cheeseburger and fries. Burgers. Love 'em.

Administrator

OMG, I just remembered pesto... Soooooo goooooood...
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg